TDF Stage 7 **SPOILERS**

Comments

• stokepa31
    stokepa31 Posts: 560
    break at 30 secs. pace easing in the peloton. will they get back???
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    Milton50 wrote:
    Leopard on the front putting the hammer down....that's nice of them.

Not for the first time. Probably happen to them when Andy takes a tumble and they will have a grumble.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Appaling situtaion.

A total BS show this race has been so far.

Feel very sorry for Wiggins.

At this rate the winner is Paris will be the rider to suffer the least misfortune.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    They don't look very focused in the chasing group. I think they're completely shell-shocked.
  • Appaling situtaion.

At this rate the winner is Paris will be the rider to suffer the least misfortune.

get a grip, that's racing. As unfortunate as it is for Brad, he's not the first GC rider ever to crash out.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I leave work and everything's fine. Get home 30 minutes later and Wiggins is out :(

Looks like G will probably lose his white jersey today just to add insult to injury.
  • Well I can't see Thomas being the main focus now as he's not got the legs for the mountains. I reckon they should do everything to get Uran bAck up there and reduce any time gaps for him to do his best to achieve top 10. He's seems to be very capable in the mountains so he could do rather well.
    The only other thing left is as others have said and go all out for wins on possible stages.

What a difference a day makes! Now best get on Road cc and change my team around :roll:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    edited July 2011
    Was it last year Canc' was moaning and stopped the race shouting "Where's my Andy; you must wait for him as he's only a skinny whip of a thing and he's fallen off!!!!!!??" Canc seems to be a little quieter today.

FC.jpg

Wiggins must be part of the MURDOCK CURSE!!!! The News Of the World in the dock and now this. If you see Rupert Murdock in the street just walk away; the man is cursed.
    :twisted:

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Appaling situtaion.

get a grip, that's racing. As unfortunate as it is for Brad, he's not the first GC rider ever to crash out.

Spot on this kind of thing happens in every Grand Tour total over reaction by FF.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Appaling situtaion.

Yet you spunked your pants when LA fell last year ...
  • Milton50 wrote:
    Leopard on the front putting the hammer down....that's nice of them.

Not for the first time. Probably happen to them when Andy takes a tumble and they will have a grumble.

I think they're very much of the ' do as we say,not as we do' school .
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    They won't give a flying eff, but I've tweeted them telling them thanks for putting the hammer down.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    From twitter - Jonathan Vaughters
    Tyler is fine. Just won't be in the sprint today.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Is Uran in the peloton or with the rest of Sky?
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Appaling situtaion.

Yet you spunked your pants when LA fell last year ...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    the sky riders who waited for wiggins, including thomas are now in the chasing group, 1.40 behind the leading group.

HTC putting down the hammer. 8 k to go.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • rwsbike971
    rwsbike971 Posts: 40
    2nd group still 1:40+ down.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
  • Cleat Eastwood
    the gap between the chasing sky group (80 strong) losing time, gap now nearly 2 mins.
  • stokepa31
    stokepa31 Posts: 560
    gap out to 2mins and still going out
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • Milton50 wrote:
    Is Uran in the peloton or with the rest of Sky?

There's not a single sky rider in the yellow jersey group. They all seem to had stopped for Wiggo. :(
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    So who's still up in the GC for RadioShack now? Kloden?
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Looks like Sky are just here for stage wins now as can't see them getting back on. They still have a good team for that, their tour is not over yet.

Personally I feel really sorry for Wiggins, he really did look like he had both his body and mind in great shape for this year. At least this year he still has some good results so his year will not be a write off. It's always a shame to see the big riders losing out in crashes or with illness.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Anyone else think that Mavic mechanic was about to push Leipheimer under that team car just now?
  • did Levi run over a black cat at some stage this bloke is having horrible luck. Wonder who's going to win the sprint :roll:
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • Graeme_S wrote:
    Anyone else think that Mavic mechanic was about to push Leipheimer under that team car just now?

Yeah I had a "woah!" moment as he did it.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    impressive htc train. cav last in line, petacchi on his wheel. 2k to go.
  • HTC dont seem to be as polished as they used to be
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    cav wins ace
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Normal service is resumed :)
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Good win for Cav, gained some green jersey points back there from Rojas and Gilbert.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)