G in Yellow, is that right?

No, Hushovd.

Cheers :)
    Cube - Peloton
    Cannondale - CAAD10
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    stokepa31 wrote:
    EBH needs to get his timing right. was very explosive but shot his bolt to soon again

He told Norwegian TV that he thought the line was closer than it actually was.
    Look at the markers at the side of the road Eddie. (He'll win tomorrow)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Rich95 was spot on today. 11th for Evans. Netted him 10 points as well actually and he is still third in the points comp. Could he be going for all 3 classifications? :lol:
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    http://twitter.com/inrng/status/88641253431984128

New intermediate sprint ruling today: Rojas and Boonen closing doors in sprint, both declassified. Rojas loses green jersey, Gilbert gets it
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    Neil McC wrote:

New intermediate sprint ruling today: Rojas and Boonen closing doors in sprint, both declassified. Rojas loses green jersey, Gilbert gets it

Gilbert can't seem to go a day without swapping jerseys.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • FOAD
    FOAD Posts: 318
    Brilliant win but a bit disappointed he threw his dolly out totally and didn't still compete for the few points he could have won on the intermediate despite being shafted.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Neil McC wrote:

Is now a good time to say........no, probably not.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    Neil McC wrote:

Is now a good time to say........no, probably not.

???

http://www.letour.fr/2011/TDF/LIVE/us/5 ... index.html
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Boonen zero luck although it may help him save face as he wasnt looking strong

He looked pretty good at the sprint point

He looked like he was back on the Columbian marching powder at the sprint. Be interesting to see if this one stands, if it does then Cav and Hushovd have every reason to feel agrieved.

Bad form to quote yourself but I did suggest that he'd been more than a little wayward in the intermediate sprint.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,205
    GoldenBear wrote:
    IMO that was Cav's best tour stage win yet.

+1 certainly up there with the final stage last year - very tough finish.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    According to the Dutch TDF programme information provided by Gilberts computer shows that he produced an average of 2270 Watts in the last 150 Metres. Information about Cavendish was still unavailable. Effin Hell. :o
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,205
    Looks like Tdf of luck not talent at the moment.

To misquote Arnold Palmer "the funny thing is the closer I stay to the front the luckier I get"
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,795
    movistar covering the points in all the breaks.. you could flip the jersey on the intermediate sprints on the mountain stages
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,795
    cav was brilliant there
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Had to wait for ITV4 highlights to see today's stage. Pity about all the crashes, but great win by Mark and at long last the commissaires have made a call in his favour.
  • keef_zip
    keef_zip Posts: 295
    ademort wrote:
    According to the Dutch TDF programme information provided by Gilberts computer shows that he produced an average of 2270 Watts in the last 150 Metres. Information about Cavendish was still unavailable. Effin Hell. :o
    Ademort

That's utter rubbish. Chris Hoy barely does that as peak power at the start of a Kilo. Cav has gone on record before saying his 5 second power is about 1700W.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Pross wrote:
    Looks like Tdf of luck not talent at the moment.

To misquote Arnold Palmer "the funny thing is the closer I stay to the front the luckier I get"

It was Gary Player.

I think to win the Tdf you need an element of luck and a vast amount of talent, time will tell.

Good win for Cav today, he needed it to maintain a chance of green in Paris.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    keef_zip wrote:
    ademort wrote:
    Ademort

That's utter rubbish. Chris Hoy barely does that as peak power at the start of a Kilo. Cav has gone on record before saying his 5 second power is about 1700W.

I have also read that SIR Chris Hoy also reaches about 2000 Watts in a sprint and that,s why i posted it. I find it unbelievable. According to the Dutch analists it,s right.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    While Wiggins and Cavendish moan and gripe, Thomas actually seems to enjoy his job... G's making the post stage interviews bearable
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Ah just saw Boonen crash.

Big shame. He's been racier than he has been for a while.

I'm genuinely a little upset (which of course is quite pathetic).

:(
  • rick_chasey
    Just saw his interview.

He's saying he's staying in the Tour. He hit his head and was quite shaken up (no sh!t).
  • rick_chasey
    Anyone any news on Gesink?

I did say he'd do well to make it to Paris...

He's always nursing some kind of injury before he makes it to the mountains.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    bipedal wrote:
    While Wiggins and Cavendish moan and gripe, Thomas actually seems to enjoy his job... G's making the post stage interviews bearable

He's doing some video blogs that are being posted on cycling news too.......
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    bipedal wrote:

To be fair Thomas is not a team leader so is not under the pressure that Cav & Wiggins are. He may be in the white jersey but that's just a bonus, if he loses it tomorrow he will still have had a good tour whereas if Wiggins doesn't finish in the top 10 and Cav doesn't win at a handful of stages they will have failed and people will ask difficult questions.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Nice win cav. I much enjoyed that; it's a great way to win by coming around everyone and getting them at the end.
    I think Cav does knock it on the head a little too easy when faced with losing. Sometimes the riders infront are suffering more and if Cav hung in there then I reckon he could pick off an extra win or two.I guess with his track record then he wins enough I guess.

A lot of meat on the road today. I find it amazing that all the Teams with top GC riders are not taking control of the race and keeping the Peleton stretched out a little. If no one takes control then the previous Winner's Team steps up to take the pace. This would keep AC from crashing so much. If the Saxo Bank guys were on the front then AC would be in the drivers' seat without him crashing all the time; I think it's a big risk for him and his Team. His Team seems a bit weak though but he should give the Peleton at least 2 guys to keep the pace up; he's been on the deck too many times.

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    Watched ITV highlights after an epic club run:-

Classic Suicide attack from Voekler, Awesome job! Fair play to Boonen getting back in the bunch,m y Belgian mate will be emotional tomorrow!

Great win by Cav, definitely the quality he was after! I think nice point about barging to the commissaries too, something has to be done about nobody knowing the rules!

Another great P & P moment calling Ben swift as the Sky rider going for the line when it was EBH, even as a fan this is starting to grate now!

Best Real peloton comedy moment today watching Boardman demolish Boulting when they were explaining all about echelons and cross winds!! Payback for Boulting's comments about the boardman adverts perhaps?![/list]
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    ddraver wrote:
    Watched ITV highlights after an epic club run:-

Another great P & P moment calling Ben swift as the Sky rider going for the line when it was EBH, even as a fan this is starting to grate now!

In fairness on Eurosport Harmon called the win for Matt Goss, surpirsed the TV channels don't sign up one of us brilliant forum analysts, how hard can it be ;)
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    jerry3571 wrote:
    A lot of meat on the road today. I find it amazing that all the Teams with top GC riders are not taking control of the race and keeping the peloton stretched out a little. If no one takes control then the previous Winner's Team steps up to take the pace. This would keep AC from crashing so much. If the Saxo Bank guys were on the front then AC would be in the drivers' seat without him crashing all the time; I think it's a big risk for him and his Team. His Team seems a bit weak though but he should give the peloton at least 2 guys to keep the pace up; he's been on the deck too many times.

-Jerry

I'm not sure Saxo have the horse power to drive the peloton on a day like today.