Longest Regular Daily Commute

13»

Comments

• flamite
    flamite Posts: 269
    Other half is wanting to move out to buckinghamshire...

Hilly chilterns and an extra 15 miles to each way commute is going to create a 50 mile hilly round trip to central London....

Not sure this is doable 5 times a week? But will do anything to avoid train!!
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Mate of mine does Dorking to London everyday and that's a 50 mile round trip. It's doable; just don't expect to ride (or move from the sofa) for the first few weekends!
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Have I already mentioned my normal 15hr day? well a couple of weeks ago SW trains added 6 hrs to that, then later in the week another 2hrs - well ... they sent me a two page letter apologising for the "inconvenience" enclosing a train voucher for £10 :shock:

So 6 extra hours plus half a lost day the next day = £10, if only the £5k a year they current charge me worked out like that per day & half, plus there's a proposed 20% increase next year.

Super - yes please! :evil:

Fark them all i'm riding to work on Friday, it'll be quicker.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.