Puds's new Tomac Snyper 140 Bouncer....

Comments

• Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    Lovely bike but the forks are the wrong way round :wink:
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    *AL* wrote:
    How did you find the XR4's ?

Hi AL, usually a bit fan of Panaracer Fire XC Pro or the super reliable High Roller, but this came with it and having never ridden on Bontragers, I really am impressed. Up at Deggy today they had loads of grip and traction....would recommend them...think they are now stock on all the Remedy's
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • Pudseyp
    Muttly1981 wrote:
    Lovely bike but the forks are the wrong way round :wink:

:lol: to be honest didn't really think much about the concept, but to be honest it makes sense as it stops a fair bit of crap flying up...
  • fattrucker
    fattrucker Posts: 39
    Pudseyp wrote:

Just lovin the forks and the XTR bits and err everything about it..the missus hates it already as I am spending more time looking and talking to it than her.....such is life eh... :wink:

And if your missus is anything like mine . . . :wink::lol:

At least the bike doesn't answer back , does as she's told and never says NO :twisted: :lol:

But be careful bikes can get jealous too :shock: :lol:
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    That would be a dream bike for me, awesome.

Tomac was a total hero for me back in the day
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • ajplummer
    ajplummer Posts: 4
    loving the xtr brakes..
  • Pudseyp
    Yep they are lush..great stopping power as well as they are the first brakes to have ceramic pistons...

The FSA K Force carbon bars have arrived and the the DX flats..
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Cracking spec list, do you know how much it weighs?

Looks great as well, though I still can't help thinking that the fork is on back to front when I look at it...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pudseyp
    Hi Steveo.. 26.3llbs there or thereabouts...the large frame is only 6.8lbs inc shock and the stock Snyper 1 is 28.llbs

Have to say I am well impressed...been at Deggy again today...can't keep off the bloody thing
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Pudseyp wrote:
    Hi Steveo.. 26.3llbs there or thereabouts...the large frame is only 6.8lbs inc shock and the stock Snyper 1 is 28.llbs

Have to say I am well impressed...been at Deggy again today...can't keep off the bloody thing
    About 12kg - not bad for a 140mm bike. Mind you, not like you've slung it together on the cheap, is it :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pudseyp
    Right....unsure with black and white or white and black :( :?: also added new shiny DX's

Kinda gone of carbon and the Stylo World Cups are slightly wider.......help...

P1010308.jpg

P1010309.jpg
  • Pudseyp
    Also looking at replacing the rims ? obviously keeping the CK's...

Mavic ? DT Swiss ? or Stans ? thinking white DT's with black DT spokes ??
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    Stans crest.
  • Pudseyp
    Stans crest.

Cool just noticed they do the 32 hole rims....think there the ones to go for...cheers...oh white or black ?
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    Not sure but the cheapest i found them was at wiggle.
  • Pudseyp
    Five months in and loving this beauty....has anyone got a Reverb ansd if so are they worth the money ?

P1020146.jpg
  • Pudseyp
    djbarren wrote:
    I think these weels would be perfect for your already stunnng bike.
    Here

M8 your bike is a real thing of beauty.

Cheers...its rims I would need not a wheelset..my Chris King hubs are over £550 so just rims for me.
  • Pudseyp
    The rims will have to wait....just ordered a Reverb......getting a bit pi$$ed off stopping all the time :evil:
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Pudseyp wrote:
    The rims will have to wait....just ordered a Reverb......getting a bit pi$$ed off stopping all the time :evil:

Lovely bike Pud, Reverb is worth every penny bud, mines been faultless and keeps you in the groove 8)
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • Pudseyp
    The knobs have sent the wrong size....so have to wait another few days icon_sad.gif
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Pudseyp wrote:
    The knobs have sent the wrong size....so have to wait another few days icon_sad.gif

mine has just arrived, so will feedback after Saturdays sesh at Deggy
  • When you are looking at rims mate, check the width, the stans are a bit narrow for a good wide profile tread to take a nice shape. So if you do a bit of uplifting and want a 2.5" on there not so good :)
  • Pudseyp
    When you are looking at rims mate, check the width, the stans are a bit narrow for a good wide profile tread to take a nice shape. So if you do a bit of uplifting and want a 2.5" on there not so good :)

Cheers for that what would you recomend ? I do like DT but there a pain-in-the-ass to get tyres seated...
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    If you could find them separately, the rims used on the american classic all mountain factory wheelsets look really good. Places such as just riding along have the rims in stock on their own from time to time
  • Pudseyp
    I love my postie.....

rs-reverb01.jpg
  • very nice. xmas has come early for you aswell then!
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • Pudseyp
    Yeah then next year is some new rims for certain...I really do love this bike...
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I'm not suprised you love it, the Reverb is excellent BTW. Once it's bled it shouldn't need touching again for a long time.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Pudseyp
    Yeak my mate has one and it's been faultless...he had loads of trouble with a gravity dropper so got rid and then had a few issues with a joplin....just need to get off my arse and fit the bloody thing !
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    That looks Lush !!!! 8) , that isn't a John Tomac bike is it ? as i've been off the MTB scene for a long time lol .
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604