Tyler sinks the Lance

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    The original link for the above is given below, but like much else critical of Armatrong I am sure that the article was deleted long ago
    That's it, LA is The Silence!
    Still, nice to read some reliable, impartial and and non-sensationalist reportage to add to the LA file :wink:
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    bompington wrote:
    The original link for the above is given below, but like much else critical of Armatrong I am sure that the article was deleted long ago
    That's it, LA is The Silence!
    Still, nice to read some reliable, impartial and and non-sensationalist reportage to add to the LA file :wink:

Is that why for three weeks, once every seven years I was asking "why don't I see that guy in yellow in any other races?"

So do you think that the astana/radioshack version was a "ganger"?

(runs away before being beaten up with forumites who object to pro race being overrun by doctor who geeks)
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Kléber wrote:
    I was going to add the next step will be a drunk Lance Armstrong, arrested for disturbing residents or some other public incident... but hasn't he done that already on a transatlantic flight or am I mistaken?
    You recall correctly.

Liquored-Up Lance Loses It on Plane?
    Ted Casablanca, eonline
    26 March 2009

Poor Lance Armstrong can't catch a break - well, aside from actually breaking his collarbone during a race in Spain, we mean.

After crashing during the run-up to his stunningly ambitious eighth Tour de France, Lance was on a flight from Madrid to Atlanta. And apparently the sometimes-womanizer took his self-pity out on the other passengers. Perhaps he knew how bad surgery was going to be, what with that steel plate and those 12 screws he'd just had implanted in his collarbone, which was busted in four spots?

Regardless, an A.T. reader on the flight with L.A. contacted us and described how unpleasant the 36-year-old cancer-surviving cyclist was:

"He was such an asshole," ranted our onboard babe. "He was so wasted on painkillers, and he drank a lot. It was just obnoxious."

So how much did he chug exactly? "Enough to be cut off," the witness told us. And that was in first class, where the booze flows freely until passengers usually cut themselves off, honeys.

After bitchin' for a while, Lancey, who had his arm in a sling, finally went to sleep, much to the flight attendants' and other passengers' joy.

We get the guy is hurtin', but come on, man, no need to be obnoxious about it. Let's just hope he was easing the physical pain of the injury and not of Kate Hudson and Owen Wilson's supposed reconciliation.

After all, I pretty much adore Lance, and not just because he's got such great legs (which I've seen super up close). Surely he was having a bad day, nothing more?

The original link for the above is given below, but like much else critical of Armatrong I am sure that the article was deleted long ago.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/enterta ... 5/b106071/

To be fair to LA there isn't much substance to that other than he drunk a lot. No real quotes just saying he was obnoxious but no real details as to how and why.

Sounds like a load of nothing really.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    I wonder if when the dam breaks they'll be a whole lot of stuff like above, in itself nothing, but when added to many of examples it establishes a pattern. Along the lines of Tiger's lady friends, or Mr Giggs' lady friends. It does seem that once something bad is clearly established in the public mindset a whole lot of other things follow. I know there's been talk around whether the livestrong .org and .com separation is appropriate. Hasn't Floyd made references to jet fuel, I assumed that was in some way a dig concerning the charity paying for flights that where also of personal benefit. I know there's been a couple of other pieces questioning the charity too. Interesting to see where this ends up now.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Most excellent.
    Days away from t'internet, TV et al and I return to find this gem. You couldn't make it up, you really couldn't.

I must be terribly bad to be thoroughly enjoying this.
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    Good old toto...

http://nyvelocity.com/toto
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Tusher wrote:
    Most excellent.
    Days away from t'internet, TV et al and I return to find this gem. You couldn't make it up, you really couldn't.

Yes you are very bad indeed :lol:

I've got to confess to loving every moment too, so guess I'm no angel either :wink:
  • Tusher wrote:
    Most excellent.

Yes, I see your posts per day average has fallen to 1.99, so you better do something to remedy that!
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    andyp wrote:
    He won't bat away the federal charges when they come though, will he?

Let's change that "when" to "when and or if". In any case there is still a trial, but only "if" the grand jury "thinks" there is enough evidence to prosecute. So you have a ways to go before anything happens, and that brings us back to "when and or if".
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    dennisn wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    He won't bat away the federal charges when they come though, will he?

Let's change that "when" to "when and or if". In any case there is still a trial, but only "if" the grand jury "thinks" there is enough evidence to prosecute. So you have a ways to go before anything happens, and that brings us back to "when and or if".

This reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer is on a jury..

So "if" the jury is "deadlocked", then we'll have to be "sequestered".. until we reach a decision? How many S's in 'Innocent'?"

Genius
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    Dennis is back!

At last the voice of reason is here. But Dennis are you personally involved in the investigation or do you know someone who is? Otherwise how would you KNOW exactly how long we have to wait to see if anyone gets charged for the alleged offences?
  • dennisn
    SunWuKong wrote:
    Dennis is back!

At last the voice of reason is here. But Dennis are you personally involved in the investigation or do you know someone who is? Otherwise how would you KNOW exactly how long we have to wait to see if anyone gets charged for the alleged offences?

Seems as though a lot of people are waitng for Lance to be sent to jail or worse. I'm simply pointing out that you MAY be in for a bit of a wait. In other words don't hold your breath waiting for whatever justice you're hoping for.
  • josame
    Well that brings alot to the table Dennis...your contribution is sorely needed

May, May MAY :roll: :roll: :roll:

The sun MAY be extinguished tomorrow
    The moon landings MAY be proved fake
    Bieber MAY run for president

In other words so what????

you WILL still be Dennis
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Hey Dennis,

If you had to fall on one side or the other:

Are Hamilton and Flandis telling the truth about Armstrong or not?
  • dennisn
    josame wrote:

you WILL still be Dennis

So, tell us all how it's all going to end. We're all interested.
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    Dennis, I was joking. You're normally all over these Lance threads telling everyone how they KNOW nothing and cannot JUDGE the situation as THEY have no FIRST hand knowledge of the proceedings. (Was the capitalisation OK?)
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Good to see you back dennisn- you've been sorely missed.
  • dennisn
    Hey Dennis,

I believe everyone dopes. As to whether FL and Hamiton are telling the truth, see previous statement.
  • josame
    dennisn wrote:
    josame wrote:

you WILL still be Dennis

So, tell us all how it's all going to end. We're all interested.

Erm..no part of my post said I knew! I was merely trying to illustrate how impotent your MAY is ...no one freekin knows
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    dennisn wrote:
    Hey Dennis,

I believe everyone dopes. As to whether FL and Hamiton are telling the truth, see previous statement.

Forgive my poor powers of deduction, but I can't see you saying anywhere what your guess at the most likely answer is.

You quite the post-modernist, though without the nuanced arguments. Take a look at Richard Evan's "in defence of history".

It should amuse you.
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:
    Hey Dennis,

Forgive my poor powers of deduction, but I can't see you saying anywhere what your guess at the most likely answer is.

You quite the post-modernist, though without the nuanced arguments. Take a look at Richard Evan's "in defence of history".

It should amuse you.

Well, if everyone dopes then some or all of what they said must be true.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,558
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Hey Dennis,

It should amuse you.

Does this mean you've had a beer with everyone?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Hey Dennis,

It should amuse you.

Does this mean you've had a beer with everyone?

No, but I have had a beer for everyone.
  • dennisn
    iainf72 wrote:
    Bravo Tyler. I knew you'd do the right thing eventually.

What's TH's motive? Money? Seems like everything always boils down to money.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    dennisn wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Yes, clearly. The possibility of doing time for perjuring himself in front of a grand jury probably never entered his mind......
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Yes, clearly. The possibility of doing time for perjuring himself in front of a grand jury probably never entered his mind......

As I understand it Grand Jury deliberations are secret? Yes? So why go public?
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Haven't you read facts4lance. This is all about the book deal :D
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Maybe he just wanted to get it off his chest? Once he'd spilled the beans it was only a matter of time. But his motives must remain opaque to us, Dennis, until we've had a beer with him it's all conjecture, right?
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Maybe he just wanted to get it off his chest? Once he'd spilled the beans it was only a matter of time. But his motives must remain opaque to us, Dennis, until we've had a beer with him it's all conjecture, right?

It's probably all conjecture even with the Grand Jury. I've got this weird feeling that at the end(if there is one) of all of this thing that there will be more than a few p*ssed off people. These being the ones who what the worst possible punishment for him. I think that they might hang him but it won't be anywhere near high enough or long enough for most of them.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    dennisn wrote:

It's probably all conjecture even with the Grand Jury. I've got this weird feeling that at the end(if there is one) of all of this thing that there will be more than a few p*ssed off people. These being the ones who what the worst possible punishment for him. I think that they might hang him but it won't be anywhere near high enough or long enough for most of them.

To be honest, I'm not really that bothered what his actual punishment is, even though I'm enjoying watching him squirm at the moment. I just want to see the official GUILTY stamp on his case and hope it can be used to clean the sport up.

I would be very interested to see what happens about the allegations of UCI cover-ups though.