SCR makes it mainstream....

13»

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    To be honest, publicising details of the alleged 'game' - which amounts to an "illegal" street race - doesn't really do much to endear to 'Motorist London'...

Just saying....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    To be honest, publicising details of the alleged 'game' - which amounts to an "illegal" street race - doesn't really do much to endear to 'Motorist London'...

Just saying....

Anyone that was caught playing the illegal street race would only be because they would be showing outward signs of trying. If trying they are not playing the game. We are safe.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Just saying....

How is racing illegal? Provided the rules of SCR are followed, surely its all legit?
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    which amounts to an "illegal" street race

Surely an illegal street race has to be organised....I'm very disorganised.

It's just like when you're driving and overtake someone on the motorway. That's not an illegal street race, it's just passing a slower car.

SCR is just overtaking slower cyclists, or in my case everyone I see :roll:
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • DonDaddyD
    You're all correct. It's like sportives, they're not races... they're er bike rides where large groups of riders ride against the clock and not each other, despite setting off at the same time....

Or like when you get two sports cars at the lights and they both break the sound barrier to 30mph. First person to 30 doesn't win, the drivers just wanted to get to 30mph quickly that's all m'lord....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Anyone playing this game deserves to die!!!
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...I think the whole point is, it's a game that doesn't really exsist. If you are playing, you look ahead and never show any signs of effort, doing so would only make you look stupid... :roll: :?

The newspaper article is way off the mark, missed the point completely. I posted my original SCR confession, that kicked the whole thing off, in the comments. I don't know if that helped or not...

To formalise SCR, as per the article, is wrong...not what it's all about...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    Gussio wrote:
    Anyone playing this game deserves to die!!!

just because you're too slow....

dont be a sore loser ;)
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    :)
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Quiet all, the Master has spoken.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Do we need a new game to not talk about now? Where would one find out about such a thing?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    to be honest, I think this publicity is a good thing - now when a mother with her troup of young kids is approaching a zebra crossing they may think twice about preparing to cross and will considerately wait for me to zoom past as I'm chasing down some shaved leg sort.

"There they go," she'll point to her younglings, "the mythical racing men of the New Kings Road."
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Do we need a new game to not talk about now? Where would one find out about such a thing?

what about the one where it only ends when you remember you're playing it but then that means you've lost...

oh c**t
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    to be honest, I think this publicity is a good thing - now when a mother with her troup of young kids is approaching a zebra crossing they may think twice about preparing to cross and will considerately wait for me to zoom past as I'm chasing down some shaved leg sort.

"There they go," she'll point to her younglings, "the mythical racing men of the New Kings Road."
    :lol:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    We are Legend 8) or is it Myth ?
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    No one picked up on this yet?

1. Road bike riders with shaved legs - like girls

*snigger* :D
  • DonDaddyD
    nich wrote:
    No one picked up on this yet?

1. Road bike riders with shaved legs - like girls

*snigger* :D

Have you never been chasing the well toned legs of a slight framed person and found yourself strangely tingling at their shapely calf and ankles?

You catch up to that person, pull wide right and realise, as you're ovetaking, that it's a well bearded man.

Shaved like a lady....
    Food Chain number = 4

• snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Have you never been chasing the well toned legs of a slight framed person and found yourself strangely tingling at their shapely calf and ankles?

Funnily enough, as a heterosexual male with a wife. No

Have you? :shock:

:D
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    As a heterosexual male, with a wife and two kids; yes, I have found myself suffering from shaven calf and finely-honed ankle envy.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    snooks wrote:
    Funnily enough, as a heterosexual male with a wife. No

Snooks, if you've finished with 300, Gladiator and the Wizard of Oz can you drop them round at my place please - want to get in the mood for watching the box set of Spartacus, Blood and Sand with you this weekend

xx
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?