Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited May 2011
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    iainf72 wrote:
    Leopard are leaving the race, understandably

Velonews has Nygaard saying they're staying.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    iainf72 wrote:

Velonews has Nygaard saying they're staying.

Not any more, they're not.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    Well they have said themselves they are leaving:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/leopard-t ... 8327244198
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Damn my lack of social media skills, fair nuff. Must have, understandably, changed their minds.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    iainf72 wrote:

Really no other decision they could make in the circumstances.
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    Even now it feels sereal, how on earth do the other riders get their "game" faces on and race is beyond me. I never new the guy and yet i've had a melancholy feeling following me about.
  • keef_zip
    keef_zip Posts: 295
    Watching the highlights of stage 4 on Eurosport last night brought me to tears. My wife couldn't understand why I was so upset, but I think it has a lot to do with seeing the images of the crash live. I'll never forget those :-(

Accidents like this - freak occurrences, really - make you realise how fragile life is, and how mortal you are.

RIP WW.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    keef_zip wrote:
    Watching the highlights of stage 4 on Eurosport last night brought me to tears. My wife couldn't understand why I was so upset, but I think it has a lot to do with seeing the images of the crash live. I'll never forget those :-(

Accidents like this - freak occurrences, really - make you realise how fragile life is, and how mortal you are.

RIP WW.
    It was those two dozen 108's that did me and the solemn silence along the route.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    deejay wrote:
    keef_zip wrote:

RIP WW.
    It was those two dozen 108's that did me and the solemn silence along the route.
    I agree, all the people on the last climb with the 108s really hit me. I thought, what a tribute. And all the fans, to me it was like they had a 220 km parade for Weylandts. Have to remember a funeral parade watched by millions that's a lot more than most people get. In that respect Wouter and his family are lucky. I would be surprised if they considered the arrangements were not enough or proportionate.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • PauloBets
    PauloBets Posts: 108
    edited May 2011

That is a gallery. I hope there's some respect for them now. Last time I looked, the comment was all how bad sky are.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    :roll:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    The race number 108 has been retired for the Giro.

Think someone mentioned that before.

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrenn ... nooit_meer