Giro Stage 4 *SPOILER* Quarto Dei Mille - Livonro

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462
    Farrar has joined the Leopard team at the front of the peleton. A fitting tribute.
  • Once again I'm moved to tears :cry:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Very sad to watch that, but it was a nice tribute. He won't be forgotten.
  • derbygrimpeur
    derbygrimpeur Posts: 822
    sat here at work watching via the Gazetta website. Brought a tear to my eye seeing Farrar & Leopard in the final kms :cry:
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    edited May 2011
    With a more than a tear in my eye after watching the last 30km....

RIP Wouter Weylandt
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    Also sat here with a tear in my eye. A very moving thing to watch.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Wonderful tributes.
  • KillerMetre
    KillerMetre Posts: 199
    Those last 3km were some of the most beautifully touching moments your ever likely to see and well done David Harmon and Sean Kelly for a superbly conducted broadcast.

RIP Wouter Weylandt
  • richrock
    richrock Posts: 77
    Very fitting tribute to such a tragic event, I had to fight the tears back pretty hard. Something I'll never forget.
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    Definitely sitting here with a trembling lower lip. Fantastic tribute. RIP.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    richrock wrote:
    Very fitting tribute to such a tragic event, I had to fight the tears back pretty hard. Something I'll never forget.

I am afraid I lost that fight quite pathetically
  • Dan_JR
    Dan_JR Posts: 36
    Very powerful scenes, fitting tribute, tears welling. WIP.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    WouterWeylandttribute.jpg

RIP Wouter.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rickyrider
    rickyrider Posts: 294
    wow - that really was exceptionally moving.
  • claudb
    claudb Posts: 212
    Those last 3km were some of the most beautifully touching moments your ever likely to see and well done David Harmon and Sean Kelly for a superbly conducted broadcast.

RIP Wouter Weylandt

I'd like to add my congratulations to David Harmon and Sean Kelly for their commentary.
    I was in two minds about watching but am pleased I did. What huge emotion at the finish.
    Well done David Harmon, up there with David Dimbleby today !!!!!!
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    Very emotional stage to watch, and some fitting tributes paid by commentators, spectators and of course riders. Sadly couldnt see the end as I watched a recording and Eurosport HD cut off again at 17km to go...

RIP Wouter.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • barney96
    barney96 Posts: 157
    I'm humbled at today's stage - the peleton showing respect, the last 5 km's, the tributes from the spectators, I was moved to tears. I'm new to road cycling and new to watching live races and I must say the respect the riders have shown today highlights for me what a wonderful sport this really is. Such comradary with such a tragedy, never forget that I can tell you.
    RIP
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    A fitting tribute to a talented and obviously popular rider.
    A sad day, but one which brings home the respect which he deserved. It makes me proud to ride.
    May he rest in peace.
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    Is there a website where I could watch today's Eurosport coverage?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Reuters
    x610.jpg
    AP
    610x.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • cristoff
    cristoff Posts: 229
    Nothing usualy botthers me, i can handle just about anything, but i am not ashamed to say i quietly wept during that last 3-4k.

R.I.P.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Tyler Farrar, and most of Leopard looked like they were in bits. Lovely moment when Farrar was hanging slightly behind the Leopard riders and they brought him in to their line.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    610x.jpg

Is that Lastras? I guess he would also have been a team-mate of Isaac Galvez.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462
    It is Lastras.
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    I too found it hard not to shed a few tears. Have to agree with comments about ES commentary, thought they did very well in what were difficult circumstances. A very moving day
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Leopard are leaving the race, understandably
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,041
    Having deleted yesterday's stage unwatched, I felt the need to watch today's recording.

A fitting tribute and so moving.

RIP WW
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    The entire stage was a fitting tribute-everyone involved from the riders to the tifosi.

David Harmond and Sean Kelly were exemplary in their tasteful commentary.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Velonews have a video of the road where the crash took place "not out of morbid curiosity" :?

However, you can see a massive pedal height gouge taken out of the stone guard-rail. That set my bottom lip going again.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/05/news/video-wouter-weylandt-memorial-at-crash-scene_172277
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent