Im gonna shave them

Comments

• I don't shave my legs as it acts as the insulating layer during the winter. I live up north see, where real men wear shorts all year round! :lol:

Yes but how is anyone going to know you're wearing shorts when all that leg hair makes you look like you're wearing tights :twisted: :wink::lol:
  • MrBibble
    MrBibble Posts: 79
    It does distress me looking at some* of my leg hair "poking throo" my shorts, but as of yet i cant bring myself to wax/shave.

I also wear shorts at my garage and i think they may taketh the piss somewhat :D

* Dont want to portray myself as a Yeti!
  • Legshaver
    Legshaver Posts: 75
    I shave my legs because I like matching things up. Not much on top so not much on me legs. :roll:
  • Jolly Swagman
    Jolly Swagman Posts: 100
    Don't forget to wax your eyebrows too. I was never confused. :lol:
  • HTL
    HTL Posts: 23
    Well, have you done it yet?
    Not done it myself but keep them real short with clippers.
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    Not done my legs but did get the missus to wax my sac and surrounding areas last year before going on a weeks tour. Hurt like hell but the benefits were considerable, no discomfort/rash etc after a 7 full days riding.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • AlainR
    AlainR Posts: 88
    I wouldn't play golf in jeans, just like I wouldn't ride in lycra with hairy legs.

It's just tradition as far as I am concerned (and vanity)...
  • thinbo
    thinbo Posts: 93
    Dodger747 wrote:
    You should be shaving everything/hairless from the beard downwards anyway! 8)

[apart from arms...]

why do the arms get left out?
    CUBE Agree GTC Pro '10
    Giant Defy 2 '09
  • I have shaved my legs and agree - it' looks better (presuming you havent got a porky Ullrich thing going on...then a WTAF reaction would be required). But if you look the part, but do 15mph average on a good day, IMHO it can be a bit embarrassing. I did the Lakeland Loop this year and it was very satisfying to cruise past the 2 guys with the smooth waxed st tropez legs wearing matching his and his black Rapha as they attempted to walk in cleats up the Wrynose!
    Never mistake motion for action
    Tweet@gmunrop69
    Trainerroad - GMan69
  • wayne1978
    wayne1978 Posts: 56
    I have finally plucked the courage lads.
    I have done it.
    I shaved them
    Well I used the wife's veet, got bored with the razor.
    What a difference, all my hard training and my awesome toned leg muscles been hidden by a matt of hair.
  • slip210
    slip210 Posts: 18
    i would have started road riding earlier, it was just that i thought if i did i would get the urge to shave my legs... finally reassured myself i wouldnt have to, then i have witnessed this, a man suffering the agonies of vanity and peer pressure to finally be driven to shave his legs. Im now worried, will this affect me too....its a concern, im 18 stone and its not packed muscle its not a pleasant thought.
    please reassure me that resistance is not futile

slip
    Raleigh Pursuit (bulky bike bulky rider)
    shimano shoes
    rest is muddy fox or karrimor
    really bright 1 watt cree headlight..
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    what does your boyfriend think of them?

;-)
  • wayne1978
    wayne1978 Posts: 56
    do it do it do it
    It does grow back and you live once only.
    Who give a toss what others think.
    Did get a whistle from a couple of young ladies when went out earlier.
  • jonsi
    jonsi Posts: 44
    What intrigues me is where do you stop shaving/waxing?

Just above the knee? Top of your leg? Armpits? :?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'd rather be still hairy and sail past people with shaved legs, just to disprove the 'better aerodynamics' myth.

I have never once heard anyone, seriously, talk about aerodynamics. Its always been about road rash if it happens to occur.
  • klep
    klep Posts: 158
    jonsi wrote:

I once shaved up untill my sack, when I realised that I couldnt shave my ass hair. That would be so gay... So I left a square block of hair cover my ass and it looked VERY VERY bad. Since then I shave just a little further than where my bibshorts start.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    klep wrote:
    jonsi wrote:

I once shaved up untill my sack, when I realised that I couldnt shave my ass hair. That would be so gay... So I left a square block of hair cover my ass and it looked VERY VERY bad. Since then I shave just a little further than where my bibshorts start.

Well you can - http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/35274458.html

Probably NSFW.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • sancho1983
    sancho1983 Posts: 76
    I can't be bothered to shave my face more than twice a month so legs aren't going to happen
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    I cycle with a mate who shaves arms and legs. Interestingly when he takes off his top it is Planet of the Apes time.

Now I would never ever say this in public, I should imagine that in a state of nakedness in the bedroom it must look JUST WRONG, REALLY WRONG.

I would rather maintain somesort of decorum in front of the missus than trim a fraction of a second off a ride time. It is hard enough keeping that decorum when heading for a shower after an icy winter ride. Normally she has several non-humerous comments to be made.

Stay hairy and proud.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I had a rather lovely lady tell me she enjoyed my shaven legs last week, she even offered to do the backs of my calfs. haha. It adds to the look for me.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I shaved mine at the weekend for the first time, I'm bloody hairy everywhere so they took a whole hour to do. Still getting used to that smooth feeling, very strange I have to say. I like it though ....
  • lemon63
    lemon63 Posts: 253
    If you shave it just grows back even thicker :(

155-to250512spo_1521.jpg
  • I could never shave my legs my hair is my secret tan lol.
  • Duffer65
    Duffer65 Posts: 341
    I shaved mine a few months ago,because I was curious. I didn't mind it but the missus went mental :shock: I was quite taken aback at how vehemently abhorred she was by my lovely smooth legs. So, it's hairy legs (they're not that hairy anyway) for me if I want to keep her sweet :wink:
    Where would you be if you fell down a hole?.. Stuck down a hole... in the fog... Stuck down a hole, in the fog, at night... WITH AN OWL!
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Navrig wrote:
    I would rather maintain somesort of decorum in front of the missus than trim a fraction of a second off a ride time.

For crying out loud! It's nothing to do with aerodynamics. That's the kind of tosh spouted by non cyclists in pub conversations.
  • klep
    I told my girl on our first date that I shave my guns. She's gotta live with it because that's not gonna change!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    lemon63 wrote:
    If you shave it just grows back even thicker :(

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2 ... icker.html
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,182
    Duffer65 wrote:
    I shaved mine a few months ago,because I was curious. I didn't mind it but the missus went mental :shock: I was quite taken aback at how vehemently abhorred she was by my lovely smooth legs. So, it's hairy legs (they're not that hairy anyway) for me if I want to keep her sweet :wink:

Don't succumb to her, it's just jealousy that your's were smoother than hers.
  • Duffer65
    Duffer65 Posts: 341
    Hmmm, I think I'll leave it I don't want to have to sleep in chainmail underpants for the rest of my life.
    Where would you be if you fell down a hole?.. Stuck down a hole... in the fog... Stuck down a hole, in the fog, at night... WITH AN OWL!
  • klep
    BTW I reccomend you guys not to use depilation cream to rid your legs of hair. I once burnt my ballsack because I didnt notice it bungling against my creamed leg. After about 10 minutes I noticed but I was late. Burnt balls in combination with having to work 6 days a week in superhot trousers on Mallorca in 35+degree sun and wanting to cycle as much as possible is not so fun. The salty sweat dripping by my balls were such a pain, I can almost feel it thinking back about it.