Water falling from the sky!!!

13»

Comments

• pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Wish I bought a carbon bike :shock: ..
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Hope you all enjoy the ride home. I'm off for dinner at Marcus Wareing...
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    More scary looking clouds in Park Royal - coming your way London folk . . .
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    All change said Baba Papa - now bright sunshine in Mayfair, we had a massive thunderclap and then it just cleared up.

Might shoot off whilst it dry
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    edited May 2011
    wish it would make its mind up in Aldgate... grey and blue straight up, black n grey to the north & west (guess which way I'm going home :( )... winds got up again too.. don't think there's going to be a big enough gap to avoid a soaking any time soon...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    SE London has had torrential rain for the last 40 minutes. Roads flooded.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    The east side of Bishopsgate is bright and dry, the west side is thunder and lightning.

I think the end is nigh folks...
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    I may go for a beer in Look Mum no Hands then get the train later if still raining.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • dunnnooo
    dunnnooo Posts: 900
    Well, I don't think I could have chosen a worse time to ride home if I'd tried. 'Wet' doesn't quite cover it.
    I'd give my right hand to be ambi-dextrous
  • optimisticbiker
    Sketchley wrote:
    I may go for a beer in Look Mum no Hands then get the train later if still raining.
    MTFU! its only a little water, you won't melt, Dorothy......
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Sketchley wrote:
    MTFU! its only a little water, you won't melt, Dorothy......

No not water, beer :D
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • optimisticbiker
    Oh well, I'm outta here... even if I took the tube home its a 20min walk the other end so I'd still get wet!
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Not going to get any drier at this rate: http://www.meteogroup.co.uk/uk/home/wea ... ngdom.html
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • pk64
    pk64 Posts: 53
    SecretSam wrote:
    pk64 wrote:
    You should all count yourselves lucky, out here in the Western Isles I haven't even considered going on a bike for about 3 weeks or so, its been 30 - 40 mph, gusting much higher and raining most of the time. The wind was so bad yesterday it was difficult to keep the car in a straight line over some of the more exposed parts of my journey, must have been over 60 mph (with heavy drifting rain!) ....and I haven't got the option of a train out here! The forecast isn't changing either, it the same as this for as far as the forecast goes, I think by the time I can go back out on a bike again, I'll have forgotten how to ride it! :evil:

Well, what did you expect?

it wasn't my choice to live here! and it hasn't changed since my first post, infact its getting gradually worse.
    2009 Trek 3900 - MTB (Upgraded)
    1976 Eddy Merckx - Road (Restored)
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    dunnnooo wrote:
    Well, I don't think I could have chosen a worse time to ride home if I'd tried. 'Wet' doesn't quite cover it.

Very wet?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Stopped raining but I have a film of dirt up my legs from all the spray in London.
    One guess where my socks finished...

londondirt.jpg
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Heaving it down up our way until 4:15, left at 4:30, most the wind was behind me, a PB by near enough 2 mins, felt invincible, just started spitting as I got home.

No pic but legs similar to the above pic, just shaplier and better tanned......

Younger daughters BF got caught out in the heaving down bit and was dripping the poor chap!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • dunnnooo
    dunnnooo Posts: 900
    dunnnooo wrote:

Very wet?

I'd prefer larger, more dramatic, words, like 'drenched', 'outstandingly soaked,' 'overwhelmingly submerged' and the like. But yeah, 'very wet' kinda gets there.
    I'd give my right hand to be ambi-dextrous
  • optimisticbiker
    well was a nasty headwind all the way home.. was struggling to get over 12mph in some places. Left Aldgate in the rain but it miraculously stopped as I went up Old Street and then the sun came out and dried me off so didn't really get cold or wet at all... pretty boring ride home apart from one clippy moment when the car in front that I was drafting stopped a tad quicker than I realised.. wet road, locked rear, oh oh... but recovered it...

Now to look up forecast for tomorrow... not good i suspect...
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    No pic but legs similar to the above pic, just shaplier and better tanned......
    Enough of this filth
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Nope nothing, puddles around London and bone dry here - you lot telling fibs again :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jejv
    jejv Posts: 566
    itboffin wrote:
    Nah dont believe you all, i just went outside and the pavements were wet but that could have been for a number of reasons.
    Fair point. I did see some puddles of - what looked like - water on the way home.
    Whatever it was, it must be coming from somewhere.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    jejv wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Nah dont believe you all, i just went outside and the pavements were wet but that could have been for a number of reasons.
    Fair point. I did see some puddles of - what looked like - water on the way home.
    Whatever it was, it must be coming from somewhere.

Osmosis innit
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    edited May 2011
    Shower just after I got to work.

Shower just before I left work.

Heavy showers all day.

Light shower just after I got back while I 'repaired' a phantom puncture on one of the kid's bikes.

Shower after me and the kids got back from the park.

The rain gods will get me next time.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • jejv
    itboffin wrote:
    Osmosis innit
    Huh! Osmosis from where? The Oceans at the centre of the Earth ??
    Innit.
  • jejv

Heavy showers all day.

Light shower just after I got back while I 'repaired' a phantom puncture on one of the kid's bikes.

Well, you should talk to your friends, but I think your interest in cleanliness may be turning into an obsession.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    jejv wrote:

Heavy showers all day.

Well, you should talk to your friends, but I think your interest in cleanliness may be turning into an obsession.
    More of a compulsion...
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757

Heavy showers all day.

Howard Hughes lives!
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter