Dead at last...... :)
Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,090
    According to the Americans.........
  • tugger
    tugger Posts: 122
    unconfirmed reports say he was just about to go out for his morning spin and was actually just preparing a recovery smoothie for his return...
    All about the aggregation of marginal gains (or marginal losses, depending on who you are!!)
  • peter101cycle
    peter101cycle Posts: 298
    Good riddance
    Summer - Dolan Tuono with Sram Force and Dura-Ace 7850 CL Carbon wheels
    Winter - old faithful Ribble winter bike
    SugarSync cloud storage referral link (better than DropBox atm imho) https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=mzo2tcrhm5gn
  • AndyOgy
    AndyOgy Posts: 579
    I'm not sure what you had against Bin Laden.

His son, Osama, was the one that I had a problem with.
  • So does that mean we now pull out of Afghanistan? My understanding of the reasons for the invasion in 2001 was to capture Bin Laden.

I am now a bit worried about the reprisals against the west... :(
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    So does that mean we now pull out of Afghanistan? My understanding of the reasons for the invasion in 2001 was to capture Bin Laden.

I am now a bit worried about the reprisals against the west... :(

The price for freedom is eternal vigilance.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    How will they know it's him? Every time he popped up on some vid he looked like a different person? Loads will say he's still alive. Plus it's the americans saying they did it?
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Dead? or is it like that... "we've landed on the moon" thing.
    I'm going to guess that if/when the body is shown we'll get some serious retaliation which will all probably be traced back to Pakistan just where Bin Laden was found!
  • Keith47
    Keith47 Posts: 158
    They've just stated on the news that the body has alredy been buried at sea :?
    Always thought what a strange expression that is. How deep do they dig the hole? :lol:
    The problem is we are not eating food anymore, we are eating food-like products.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Body buried at sea. No evidence that he's dead - only the word of the yanks. Hmmmmm......
    More problems but still living....
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    A royal wedding and Osama dead within four days, there have "Bin" worse long weekends. :D

As has been said, time for the security forces to be extra vigilant now, certainly in the short term future.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    amaferanga wrote:
    Body buried at sea. No evidence that he's dead - only the word of the yanks. Hmmmmm......

Do you really think they would have briefed Barack Obama without proof? I'm sure there will be film, photos, fingerprints etc. The quick burial is no doubt to appease Muslims throughout the World so as not to offend them.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • orbeaorca
    orbeaorca Posts: 246
    amaferanga wrote:

Surely to much of a risk to falsify this, would be a wee bit embarrasing if he pops up in a video in the future saying ' i am still here'

Look on the bright side tho its knocked the bloody royal wedding off the headlines.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Oh dear, sales of tin foil hats are going to go through the roof...
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Americans are just stupid people, I've heard firefighters giving high 5's in New York I mean wtf? Bin Laden dead as if it will change much...........................
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    freehub wrote:
    Americans are just stupid people, I've heard firefighters giving high 5's in New York I mean wtf? Bin Laden dead as if it will change much...........................

Wonder what he weighs now?
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    freehub wrote:

Not half as stupid as your comment it would seem
    :roll:
    Maybe if you were a New Yorker and your friends and co-workers were killed in 9/11 you might also be pretty pleased that the man behind it finally met his end like the piece of sh1t that he was?
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • zippypablo
    zippypablo Posts: 398
    freehub wrote:
    Because they see him as the man who orchestrated the 9/11 attacks where lots of their colleagues died maybe?
    How many Americans can work a set of scales? :wink:
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    All said to me mrs was don't forget to take the bin out. Didnt expect it to go this far.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • freehub
    wicked wrote:
    freehub wrote:

Maybe if you were a New Yorker and your friends and co-workers were killed in 9/11 you might also be pretty pleased that the man behind it finally met his end like the piece of sh1t that he was?

If I were a new yorker I would not be parading round giving high fives overreacting, him dieing does not change much at all.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    freehub wrote:
    wicked wrote:
    freehub wrote:

If I were a new yorker I would not be parading round giving high fives overreacting, him dieing does not change much at all.

FFS, what are you a student of ? Stupidity ? :roll:
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Let's not forget some of the scenes of people rejoicing in quite a few Arab cities after 9/11. Of course it's perfectly understandable for some Americans to be happy at the death of the person who orchestrated the death of so many people. And to call American people stupid is an idiotic comment, how do you manage to conduct IQ tests on them all and find time to ride your bike? Bin Laden being killed may not change much at all for you, but if your loved one had been murdered by him and his followers, then you might feel different.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Bumped off in a major city in Pakistan, where he's supposedly been since last August.
    Hopefully he is dead (Enough sibling DNA around, his dad sired 51 other children! :shock: ) and one would assume that he was called upon because intelligence services have got all they feel they can safely get from sigint etc, leaving him out there.
    (Maybe he had an iPhone? :wink: )
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • freehub
    By his followers, not him, he still has followers out there.

If you think he murdered them, then he has the potential to do just as much damage even though he is dead.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Bumped off in a major city in Pakistan, where he's supposedly been since last August.
    Hopefully he is dead (Enough sibling DNA around, his dad sired 51 other children! :shock: ) and one would assume that he was called upon because intelligence services have got all they feel they can safely get from sigint etc, leaving him out there.

Apparantly he'd recently made a purchase from CRC.
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Can't blame the American's reactions. 7/7 was bad enough, but imagine if something similar to 9/11 happened here.

Looking forward to a cracking documentary about how they tracked him down, or indeed who turned him in. One fears of repercussions in US and Pakistan though.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • I'll get the conspiracy theories started by stating that the photo of a dead Bin Laden is a badly photoshopped fake.....

(This is the genuine photo that's been released, and contains a not particularly pretty image of a dead Osama. Please don't click on this link if you are easily upset etc. Genuine)

http://www.indiainside.com/osama-bin-la ... ures-pics/
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • user321
    user321 Posts: 50

New intelligence suggests he was infact tracked down via his PSN account :lol:
  • user321
    user321 Posts: 50
    freehub wrote:
    By his followers, not him, he still has followers out there.

If you think he murdered them, then he has the potential to do just as much damage even though he is dead.

Whether or not true, this has absolutely no relevance to people in NYC feeling extremely happy that he is gone. Get real and cut them a break ffs.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841

Genius!

I'm guessing he bought a high visibility jacket.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey