Praise the Lord for I have seen the light!

13»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Northwind wrote:
    Ah well, as long as you're enjoying yourself. Though tbh I have no idea what thread you've been reading :lol:
    The one where a Scottish blowhard reckoned that since only Scotland has mountains that are really big in the uk, that everywhere else is inferior, and only fit for practicing. Then Sonic pointed out that technicality has nothing to do with altitude, and here we are, with you pretending you never meant any of those things.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    edited May 2011
    Not really sure why I'm responding to this, but you never know, it might work... I was making a joke about our mountains. And not even a joke I started, I was following on from Sonic's about most mountain bikes never going up mountains- because in this country, it doesn't make much difference, the mountains are just big hills. Of course technicality has nothing to do with altitude, who'd say otherwise? :? I didn't.

I never said that only scotland has "really big" mountains, in fact i said the exact opposite, the UK doesn't have any big mountains at all. We just happen to have the biggest of what we've got.

As for "only fit for practicing", that one you just conjured out of fresh air so I don't know what to say to it, except that I never said it.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    It's ok, Northwind. It's become apparent you're delusional on a few occasions. Don't worry about it.
  • Northwind
    Fine, sure. Anyone who cares can read what I posted instead of what you think I did. I have no idea what you're all about but it's pretty dull now.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Mental Mickey
    Mental Mickey Posts: 406
    Have we all come to an agreement that cycling is quite enjoyable regardless of what type of bike, pedal, clothing or tyres you use yet or?

Ps..It's not the size of the mountain, more what you do with it that counts. :wink:
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Have we all come to an agreement that cycling is quite enjoyable regardless of what type of bike, pedal, clothing or tyres you use yet or?

How dare you, I challenge you to fisticuffs! Right after I'm done infuriatingly and deliberately misinterpreting your posts.

So, you're saying my bike is no better than some BSO from Argos are you?! How dare you!?!?!?!

:wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Anonymous
    Yes we have. Except people who don't ride full suss, who are wrong :lol:
  • NatoED
    NatoED Posts: 480
    i tried full sus . was ok . went back to HD
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    NatoED wrote:
    i tried full sus . was ok . went back to HD

HD?
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    HD = Harley Davidson. This guy is awesome he rides a Harley on a MTB trail
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • NatoED
    yeah High Definition riding , you get every detail of the trail......even the bits you wish you hadn't felt.
  • Anonymous
    NatoED wrote:
    yeah High Definition riding , you get every detail of the trail......even the bits you wish you hadn't felt.
    And as a side effect, the depth of field gets smaller meaning that er... I dunno. The, erm, range of stuff you can ride decreases?
    You know, that actually makes sense.
  • Northwind
    I've only got old analogue bikes but I think they're getting turned off soon :(
    Uncompromising extremist
  • MattJWL
    MattJWL Posts: 147
    Northwind wrote:
    I've no idea why you're trying to make this into a willy waving competition though

Ooh, can I wave mine too? I live in the Alps, and can see the Eiger from not far away.

That said, I mostly ride below 1500m, I don't like frostbite, not to mention the lower bits are just as fun and much more accessible from here. because when all's said & done, it doesn't matter where you ride; just that you have fun & challenge yourself.
    Intense Carbine SL
    "Chinarello"
    Taylor Made
    Off to pastures new:
    CELL Team Pro
    Intense Spider FRO
    Giant XTC Composite Clone
    1992 Fisher Al-1
    1990 Raleigh Mirage
    1988 Cloria Italian MTB
  • Mental Mickey
    bails87 wrote:

How dare you, I challenge you to fisticuffs! Right after I'm done infuriatingly and deliberately misinterpreting your posts.

So, you're saying my bike is no better than some BSO from Argos are you?! How dare you!?!?!?!

:wink:

I didn't realise this thread was still going, I'm a non violent mental case so can we have a game of paper, scissors, stone instead? We can do in on the F.T.D section 7 boardwalk for added excitement :wink:

I'm a brand snob too and B.S.O reebok wearing chavs should not be allowed anywhere near any mountain biking facilities, something like a Carerra Vulcan is the standard minimum requirement in my view.
    Only exception to proper mountain bikes should be BMX's and niche stuff like My Little Pony type bikes because BMX's are cool and toys bikes on trails are funny and kudos to those who can ride them in gnarl-fest situations. 8)
  • Mental Mickey
    Thinking about getting one of these plus the outfit to go with it.

Penny%20Farthing.jpg

Will definitely try some singletrack out on it too. :twisted:
  • NatoED
    I got a tweed three piece suit I could wear , though for that bike a prisoner outfit would be better suited.
  • MattJWL
    MattJWL Posts: 147
    Thinking about getting one of these plus the outfit to go with it.

Yeah, but the kerb behind is too small. It's only good for practicing...
    :roll:

How about doing stoppies on that baby?
    Intense Carbine SL
    "Chinarello"
    Taylor Made
    Off to pastures new:
    CELL Team Pro
    Intense Spider FRO
    Giant XTC Composite Clone
    1992 Fisher Al-1
    1990 Raleigh Mirage
    1988 Cloria Italian MTB
  • nozzac
    nozzac Posts: 408
    Apparently these 46er's are really getting popular
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I reckon i have been to the top of 30+ munros by bike.....and no idea how many munro tops on route....

Our record is 6 in a day. long day that one!

A few have been blinding descents....others more like bog trotting.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.