All the gear but......

13»

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    dondare wrote:
    Road bike, a Spesh, all looked nice, rack on back with quality panniers, rider in full Lycra, very slight uphill and.........

Doing 10mph WTH........get on with it.....

Simon

But what was in the panniers?
    How far had he already cycled today/this week? How much further still to go?

No-one said the rules of The Game were easy or fair.
    I think what the OP was saying is: Don't write cheques your butt can't cash.

If you're riding that bike and wearing those clothes, you should put in a good showing. If you can't/won't, hang your head in shame and prepare to be laughed at by your peers.

Sorry Eke but that's crazy. Bloke could've done 70+ miles already that day, could be finishing a Surrey Hills ride with a quick lap, or could have been doing a JG style lapathon. Or maybe he was just having a bad day!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Sorry Eke but that's crazy. Bloke could've done 70+ miles already that day, could be finishing a Surrey Hills ride with a quick lap, or could have been doing a JG style lapathon. Or maybe he was just having a bad day!

Exactly. In SCR terms he'd be a fair and righteous scalp - a scalp worthy of comment in FCN terms. However, just because you scalp someone one day doesn't mean that person isn't 10 times fitter than you are. Outside of SCR, circumstances apply.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • ndru
    ndru Posts: 382
    This thread is pretty sad and pathetic TBH...
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    ndru wrote:

coach-ergo-patent-handbag-pink.jpg
  • ndru
    ndru Posts: 382
    Goes well with your blue bike, but what's your point? :):):)
  • Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    nice bag
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    Road bike, a Spesh, all looked nice, rack on back with quality panniers, rider in full Lycra, very slight uphill and.........

Doing 10mph WTH........get on with it.....

Simon

Could have been me this afternoon (well, apart from it being a Spesh, with a rack,...).
    Today I was roadie + full lycra + empty legs = thought I wasn't going to make it up some hills !
    Misguided Idealist
  • oscarbudgie
    oscarbudgie Posts: 850
    Haven't looked at this forum for a while - gratifying to note its still got a very high ratio of utter t0ssers, particularly the op who criticises a riders speed when he goes past in his car. w@nker.
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    ndru wrote:
    Stop reading it then.
    Haven't looked at this forum for a while - gratifying to note its still got a very high ratio of utter t0ssers, particularly the op who criticises a riders speed when he goes past in his car. w@nker.

If you don't like it, continue to stay away, I don't think you've been missed.

Rolf F wrote:
    Sorry EKE but that's crazy. Bloke could've done 70+ miles already that day, could be finishing a Surrey Hills ride with a quick lap, or could have been doing a JG style lapathon. Or maybe he was just having a bad day!

Exactly. In SCR terms he'd be a fair and righteous scalp - a scalp worthy of comment in FCN terms. However, just because you scalp someone one day doesn't mean that person isn't 10 times fitter than you are. Outside of SCR, circumstances apply.

This.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812

Good to see a constructive and inciteful post! NOT!

As for being in my car, I was taking the wife to hospital for an operation, she would then be discharged and have to be bought home, suggestions on a postcard on how I do that on a bike? I won't call you what you called me, doubt you can manage to think enough for that.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Is there a point to all this ?- get on with something more interesting and stop being elitist.
  • noodles71 wrote:
    On this forum there are loads of threads that effectively say that anyone riding more than 1-2 miles should wear lycra because it's more comfortable and suitable.

There are also loads of threads that effectively saying buying a cheap bike is a false economy and therefore a waste of money.

I choose to ride my 15 miles a day in jeans..... It hurts less when you get knocked off and doesn't leave much skin behind on the road.

Not to mention my legs are too white for lycra.

Of course your legs are white...you're wearing jeans :wink:
  • nation
    nation Posts: 609
    Redhog14 wrote:
    Is there a point to all this ?- get on with something more interesting and stop being elitist.

Of course there isn't a point. We're arguing about stuff on the internet.

iCaSL.png
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    ndru wrote:

You mean your postings are not honest otherwise.

No one is forcing you to read this thread. Then again from your other postings you are very anti lycra or proper cycling attire/gear anyway.

Ohh and this happens to me at times esp if my lungs aren't 100% if my asthma is playing up and I have to pootle, does it mean I have to ride a lesser bike if I am taking it easy?
  • oscarbudgie
    oscarbudgie Posts: 850

As for being in my car, I was taking the wife to hospital for an operation, she would then be discharged and have to be bought home, suggestions on a postcard on how I do that on a bike? I won't call you what you called me, doubt you can manage to think enough for that.

Simon

So you admit you have no idea why said cyclist was going slowly, you don't know if he'd done 100 miles or 1, whether he had a mechanical, whether it was his first time out for a while, whether he was lost, whether he was a newbie, whether he was trying out a new part, test riding a bike, bonking. And why didn't you mention in your original post that you were in a car at the time? Because you're an bitter little pr!ck who resents anyone not on a bike they bought in Halfords
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    coach-ergo-patent-handbag-pink.jpg
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    No idea.. no talent.. but yeah I have fun. Sleep well tonight knowing some kid on a rusty bucket could munch us all to pieces. :D Live and let live. Only in Britian.. go visit other cultures that celebrate cycling. :D
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • The Rookie

Simon

And why didn't you mention in your original post that you were in a car at the time? Because you're an bitter little pr!ck who resents anyone not on a bike they bought in Halfords

The fact I was in a car and taking the wife to hospital is mentioned in a post in this thread, so if you can't be arsed to read it, then that aint my fault is it Wiener schnitzel (go look it up).
    I didn't buy either of mine from Halfords, I built them myself, guess you have capability envy as well.

7:15am, doubt he'd done 100miles, but then given your all mouth and no capabilithy (you know, like reading) maybe it was you - yes that's it isn't it!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Haven't looked at this forum for a while - gratifying to note its still got a very high ratio of utter t0ssers, particularly the op who criticises a riders speed when he goes past in his car. w@nker.

Simon

So you admit you have no idea why said cyclist was going slowly, you don't know if he'd done 100 miles or 1, whether he had a mechanical, whether it was his first time out for a while, whether he was lost, whether he was a newbie, whether he was trying out a new part, test riding a bike, bonking. And why didn't you mention in your original post that you were in a car at the time? Because you're an bitter little pr!ck who resents anyone not on a bike they bought in Halfords

Why are you so angry? Sounds like you're a little insecure about something to me!
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    Ohmyyy god.

Shame on you OP - you should have known better than to open such a can of worms! :P
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Oscar actually said you didn't mention in your original post you were in the car which is technically true. Nothing more embarassing than accusing someone of something but doing the exact same thing in your accusation (I speak from experience) :oops:

Also at a guess this isn't the look up result you were expecting http://www.aboutvienna.org/recipes/wiener_Schnitzel.php :wink:
  • The Rookie
    suzyb wrote:
    Oscar actually said you didn't mention in your original post you were in the car which is technically true. Nothing more embarassing than accusing someone of something but doing the exact same thing in your accusation (I speak from experience) :oops:

Also at a guess this isn't the look up result you were expecting http://www.aboutvienna.org/recipes/wiener_Schnitzel.php :wink:
    Was well aware it wasn't in the first post, I didn't think it mattered, well aware that is what oscar said, but why comment on a thread unless you READ it? Nearly every thread has Q's and A's that give more info through them.

Simon
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Reading a thread takes time. Making a reply based on the first few posts doesn't.
  • The Rookie
    Oh indeed, but it then places the reply on a 5 page thread out of context and pointless, not to mention making a poster frequantly look like an idiot (and I'm not talking about this thread, but forum posts in general) for posting stuff that is wholly wrong.

Simon
  • snailracer
    snailracer Posts: 968
    Surely any accusation of "all the gear and no idea" is made in jest? Why insult the jester for making a joke?
  • The Rookie
    Maybe because that is all some people can do?