out of dish

Comments

• supafly1982
    supafly1982 Posts: 631
    just checked the forks as i could wait the night, the thought of it :lol: , they appear to be fine
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    They won't be. Something is twisted or bent somewhere. The other explanation is that space time is warped somewhere near the front of your bike. Now, occam's razor would suggest that it's unlikely to be the latter.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Or the wheel still isn't dished properly. Tool or no tool.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    Now, occam's razor would suggest that it's unlikely to be the latter.

I'm curious. Why would you have an occam's razor, but no knowledge of how to shave your yellow chin?
  • Anonymous
    Are you suggesting his tool is faulty or that he's not doing it right?
  • Anonymous
    wordnumb wrote:
    Now, occam's razor would suggest that it's unlikely to be the latter.

I'm curious. Why would you have an occam's razor, but no knowledge of how to shave your yellow chin?
    because Occam's razor has nothing to do with removing dark pixels representing crappy face fuzz on a digital image of a cartoon character based loosely upon the art style associated with the popular and long-running family entertainment show, "the Simpsons".
  • supafly1982
    They won't be. Something is twisted or bent somewhere. The other explanation is that space time is warped somewhere near the front of your bike. Now, occam's razor would suggest that it's unlikely to be the latter.

is there a way i can check for this? perhaps a couple of tent pegs for divining rods? :lol:

i'll need to check it tomorrow when i have daylight on my side, i havnt got the lights hard wired to the shed yet :roll: need to get my finger out
  • cooldad
    I would never suggest his tool is faulty. Personal insults are only allowed in Crudcatcher.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    is there a way i can check for this? perhaps a couple of tent pegs for divining rods? :lol:
    Yep. You will need:
    A guy who used to play keyboards for D-Ream.
    A Particle accelerator
    A Texas Instruments Scientific calculator.

Seriosuly though, give it a proper look in the morning. Take the fork off the bike and lay it on something flat, and examine it closely. It will only take a small difference in dropout alinment, to cause the top of the tyre to be quite a way out of whack.
  • supafly1982
    cooldad wrote:
    I would never suggest his tool is faulty. Personal insults are only allowed in Crudcatcher.

its a couple bits if metal, how can i go wrong, im not a complete moron ye kna lol........ see you in the crud catcher! :lol:

will do yeehaa

*edit* i really should of said, yes yeehaa, i will check it in the morning :lol:
  • Anonymous
    will do yeehaa
    No you bloody well will not! :lol:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    supersonic wrote:
    Are you sure it is the wheel that is out of dish?

If the tyre is not seated correctly, this can look the same, or if the wheel is not correctly in the dropouts, or the fork bent.

Remove tyre, refit wheel. If you have a wheel you know is correctly dished, put that in the forks and check.

Yeah baby, yeah!
  • Anonymous
    Pfft, I'm starting to think the space time anomaly is more likely :lol:
  • supafly1982
    yup, i really hope it is me that just made an 4r$e of it :lol:

supersonic, yes i will do that today :D
  • supafly1982
    well i checked the dishon my red metal 5's, they were spot on, checked the current cube set i dished (sunringle) and they were spot on, checked the position of them in the forks and they both sat slightly off centre, forks are fine, not bent, cant see on leg higher than the other, strange eh? lol
  • Anonymous
    If the wheels are fine, there IS something wrong with the forks.
  • cooldad
    Well if it's not the wheel, not the forks and not part of a cheap Dr Who plot, maybe post some pics.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    Maybe you have a kidney tickler. (Your tool is bent)
  • cooldad
    But he insists his tool is in good working order. Sheepsteeth's mum however disagrees.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • supafly1982
    well its all sorted, stuck my red metal 5's on lol, forks are sound, both brands of wheels were dished and trued propperly, sunringle rim still sits offset in the forks, im puzzled :lol:

is it posseble to get off set dished front wheels?
  • supersonic
    Is the axle bent on the ringle wheels?
  • supafly1982
    no it seems parallel and no wobble, ive either done something reallt stupid and simple that ive missed it or something strange is going on, do all your wheels sit dead centre inyour forks? lol i cant even believe im asking that :lol:
  • Anonymous
    well its all sorted, stuck my red metal 5's on lol, forks are sound, both brands of wheels were dished and trued propperly, sunringle rim still sits offset in the forks, im puzzled :lol:

is it posseble to get off set dished front wheels?
    You claimed you measured them, and that they weren't dished. :roll:

If I remember rightly, there were a few rims a while ago that had offset spoke holes, to accomodate for the dish on a front wheel.
    I'm dubious whether they made any difference though. But you could possibly build a wheel with the rim the wrong way round.
    But, still, you measured the dish, and said it was fine.
  • supafly1982
    yup, meassured the sunringle and fulcrums, both with parktool dishing gauge, the threaded stud sits on both flange/nuts where the forks but up against, both wheels had no gaps on dishing tool ( once sunringle was dished) but sunringle sits off by 6mm, i used my vernier gauge for the off set measurement, it really is puzzling me :oops:
  • Anonymous
    What do you mean it sits off by 6mm? That means it IS dished!
  • supersonic
    I'm confused! Are you using the dishing tool right? It's dished, but 6mm out?
  • supafly1982
    What do you mean it sits off by 6mm? That means it IS dished!

right so ive dished it correctly and that means that the rim will NOT sit evenly in the forks ie distance either side of the rim is not 50/50 between the forks making it off set, are you saying that is correct?
  • cooldad
    This thread should come with free Disprin.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    if it is not sitting centrally, then it is not dished properly. You're contradicting yourself.
  • supafly1982
    if it is not sitting centrally, then it is not dished properly. You're contradicting yourself.

this is what im trying to tell you's lol, according to the tool the wheel is dished but its not sitting central in the forks suggesting that the wheel is not dished correctly, but when i checked the fulcrum wheel they both said the same reading, no gaps, both dished but yet the sunringe rim is offcentre in the forks, now you understand why im confused, you guys are also confused by it lol :lol: