Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Video of Gilbert on Flanders prep ride:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azgKCHhcsBc
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Video of Gilbert on Flanders prep ride:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azgKCHhcsBc

Bike looks a bit small? And his hat makes him look like a smurf!

:D
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Pross wrote:
    Marking Cancellara is one thing, staying with him when he goes is something else. Will anyone not choose him for PTP?
    100 odd players - I predict 60 for Fab, 15 Gilberts, 8 Boonens and a handful for Hushovd, Haussler, Flecha, the Shadow etc. 1 sympathy vote for Hincapie.

Not far off, although no sympathy vote for George yet.

85 picks so far.

48 - Cancellara
    12 - Gilbert
    7 - Boonen
    3 - Hushovd, Chavanel
    2 - Haussler
    1 - Kluge, Sagan, Geraint Thomas, Van Avermaet, Hammond, Goss, Flecha, Devolder, Ballan, Boom
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,743
    The order of the cars for tomorrow - important if you get badly timed mechanicals.

De lijst:
    HTC-Highroad
    Leopard-Trek
    Omega Pharma-Lotto
    Team Sky
    Quick-Step
    Garmin-Carvélo
    BMC
    Katjoesja
    Movistar
    Ag2r
    RadioShack
    Vacansoleil
    Rabobank
    Astana
    Saxo Bank
    Liquigas
    Europcar
    Lampre
    Veranda's Willems
    Euskaltel
    Skil-Shimano
    Cofidis
    FdJ
    Landbouwkrediet
    Topsport Vlaanderen
  • rick_chasey
    Boonen's riding a 52 rather than a 53 for those who pay attention - partly for the weather, partly because "it turns more easily".
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Boonen's riding a 52 rather than a 53 for those who pay attention - partly for the weather, partly because "it turns more easily".

Interesting.......what is the typcal cassette that they will use? Are they on 42t inners or not?
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Generally close spaced as I remembe. Campag brought out chainsets for these events which were something like 52/44. Whatever, the mere mortals amongst us are not going to be turning the pedals a la Cancellara last year or last week.
    M.Rushton
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    Cavendish was using an 11-25 cassette last year. I think those 44t inner rings are meant for Roubaix.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    big hangover, very excited, going to get away with as much watching as possible on mothers day with two young kids. may have to 'likely lads' the latter parts...
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232

Canc is certainly overriding favourite, but can easily lose it, puncture, crash etc etc.
    i think not ruling out Cavendish in that article is one to ignore, never seen him tanking up 22 percent gradients with the likes of Gilbert and Canc, and I dont think I ever will.....

Anyone else up with their kids waiting for coverage to start?
  • peterst6906
    peterst6906 Posts: 530
    camerone wrote:
    Anyone else up with their kids waiting for coverage to start?

Yep. Both my sons are already waiting for the coverage to start at 12:30 on Eurosport.

I rode in the 150km sportive yesterday (absolutely fantastic event) and was tossing up between staying in Ninove to watch the race in different places, or head home and watch the coverage.

As I was on my own, I headed back home. Kind of glad I did now given how pumped my sons are about the race.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Just been watching that...am as excited as a kid at Christmas! Going to go for a ride then come back and camp out on the sofa. We have the in laws coming for lunch, they will just have to lump it and watch Flanders...never know, it might convert them!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • We have the in laws coming for lunch, they will just have to lump it and watch Flanders...never know, it might convert them!

Oh no, that can be pretty awful, they'll start asking stupid questions!
  • rick_chasey
    We have the in laws coming for lunch, they will just have to lump it and watch Flanders...never know, it might convert them!

Oh no, that can be pretty awful, they'll start asking stupid questions!

(with 80km to go) "so...who's winning?"
    :x
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Bronzie wrote:
    Rain capes for Sunday.........gonna be one for the hardmen:

http://www.meteo.be/meteo/view/en/65239-Home.html
    Belgium's equivalent of Michael Fish just got fired............useless