Ok to be fat and in a Maillot Jaune?

13»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I don't care anymore. Wear what you want, just hate these cyclical arguments now. I have reformed.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I'm primarily a MTBer, but I've got a road bike and am using it more and more because I'm commuting on it.

So, coming from a sport that revolves primarily around fun and where people can pretty much do, rode and wear what they please......what colour clothes should I not wear to avoid offending any roadies?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87
    Just thought I should add, I'm not fat. Don't know if that has any bearing on things :wink:
    MTB/CX

• I think black is still OK - provided you wear a hi-viz jacket over the top
  • bails87
    Pa, you big girl, there's no need for a jacket in this weather. I'll just wear a top that's visible. Something in yellow perhaps?
    MTB/CX

• mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    Buy it, wear it and enjoy it.

My Nan used to say, "If they're taking the p*ss out of you, they're leaving some other poor b*gger alone"

:)
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    bails87 wrote:
    Pa, you big girl, there's no need for a jacket in this weather. I'll just wear a top that's visible. Something in yellow perhaps?
    all right for some: while I was on my way to work this morning...
    5558571326_740638aae3.jpg
    jacket required round here, yellow or otherwise
  • Found out at the weekend that a mate, who is about 6ft & 16 stone, has bought himself the Bianchi Polka Dot jersey in XXXLNB201XXX.jpg

Seeing them up close confirmed that they are lovely jerseys. I think I might get one myself.
  • Same with the rainbow jersey. I suppose there's always something at the back of my mind thinking "I feel a bit of a fraud wearing this"

This one?

not_gay_but_love_rainbows_t_shirt-p235435946888531165u7by_400.jpg
  • Same with the rainbow jersey. I suppose there's always something at the back of my mind thinking "I feel a bit of a fraud wearing this"

This one?

not_gay_but_love_rainbows_t_shirt-p235435946888531165u7by_400.jpg

Haha! Love it! I can't imagine anyone would ever be unhappy wearing that! :D
    What wheels...? Wheelsmith.co.uk!
  • If you like it, wear it, if your late father would of liked it then even better. Think of him every time you ride in it, I'm sure he'll be looking down on you proudly whether it was pink, yellow, blue or red. End.