Ok to be fat and in a Maillot Jaune?

Comments

• OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    The problem with a yellow jersey in the UK, is that at the first sign of warmish weather, you'll wind up covered in little black beetles!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • That is a good point, my bike is yellow and it definately attracts alot of flies
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    AndyF16 wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    although the fashion police may get you for a Z or Mapei team jersey :wink:

uh-oh, I bought a cheap GB/Mapei one from the guy in Ireland - care to expand?

have to admit to some trepidation at wearing the Maglia Rosa I picked up cheapish during the winter, but worn it will be, and I'm still a bit porky too at 5'11" and 94kgs..... :wink:

You admit to wearing this??????

temp.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    What pub are you in??????

mind you those who go to pubs to watch football games have left their brains and taste at home

whys that?

not everyone has $ky tv

I go to the pub all the time to watch football, even though I do have Sky (of a sorts :wink: )

What a stupid stupid sweeping comment
  • richk
    richk Posts: 564
    Wear what you want. It's still a free country.

At a recent cafe stop, the table "decided" I should buy and wear polka dot jersey - they were taking the Wii about my "ability" to climb :lol:
    There is no secret ingredient...
  • jellybellywmb
    jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
    Nice, buy it.

I wear Relica kit and feel good in it , wear what you want unless you give a sh*t what other people think, your average passer by would not know the significance of the yellow jersey anyway, they will just laugh and point at your fat belly :D

If fellow cyclists comment, just pass them flat out and raise your arms above your head with two fingers in victory pose (then stop and catch your breath).
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • bam49
    bam49 Posts: 159
    Aggieboy wrote:
    It's the Bianchi one...

X0632.jpg

That's nice. Enjoy it.

+1 that looks cool, wear & enjoy...
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Wear and enjoy my fat friend who cares about the fashionistas anyway. Riding is more important than posting!
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    That's actually seriously nice - I like a lot. If I a) had a Bianchi or b) didn't have a skin tone that when I wore yellow it looks like I have jaundice (I'm Italian) I'd have one.

Funk the rest of them is what I say - especially those who try and dictate what you can and can't buy. If you want it, wear it. You've earnt your money and earnt the right to do what you want.

It is wrong to BUY the rainbow jersey or a Maillot Jaune

It cheapens both you and the jersey.

It is also wrong to buy an England (or whatever nationality) football shirt

What a load of bolllllorcks.
  • daviesee wrote:

temp.jpg

As long as it's worn with the Mapei shorts, obviously.

:D
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

mind you those who go to pubs to watch football games have left their brains and taste at home

whys that?

not everyone has $ky tv

I go to the pub all the time to watch football, even though I do have Sky (of a sorts :wink: )

What a stupid stupid sweeping comment

"Down the Road" has previous. :roll:
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508

whys that?

not everyone has $ky tv

and its the only time evertonians get to mix with a crowd bigger than 4 people.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    daviesee wrote:
    AndyF16 wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

have to admit to some trepidation at wearing the Maglia Rosa I picked up cheapish during the winter, but worn it will be, and I'm still a bit porky too at 5'11" and 94kgs..... :wink:

temp.jpg

Are you mad? That jersey oozes cool. 8)
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Each to their own then I suppose..................

PS:- That Bianchi top is really, really good. If I had a Bianchi.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    daviesee wrote:

You need to make allowances for Stewie. He's always made atrocious decisions re the 'shirt' he likes. :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    Wear what you like.

Bonus points for annoying the 'you haven't earnt it' nut cases.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Aggieboy wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

You need to make allowances for Stewie. He's always made atrocious decisions re the 'shirt' he likes. :lol:

Says a man whose team wears purple. :lol:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I wouldn't buy a yellow jersey but I'd be very tempted to get one that was yellow, green, pink, white, polka dotted with a hint of Team GB colours. :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

Not bad for you, at least you got the correct number of words, but wrong spelling - claret.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

Not bad for you, at least you got the correct number of words, but wrong spelling - claret.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

Did you mean the correct number of letters there smartypants? :D
  • Gav888
    Gav888 Posts: 946
    bam49 wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    It's the Bianchi one...

X0632.jpg

That's nice. Enjoy it.

+1 again, very cool top. I would wear it.
    Cycling never gets any easier, you just go faster - Greg LeMond
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

Scott-Parker-celebrates-s-001.jpg
  • You don't have to "earn" this one, it's for a good cause...

http://www.all1sport.com/ct/shop/pages/ ... anguage=en
  • AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    daviesee wrote:
    AndyF16 wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

temp.jpg

Not quite, actually the one linked below, not quite as lairy

http://www.supercycleclothing.com/mapei ... 8860-p.asp

Wouldn't have any qualms wearing the one you posted either though :D
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange
  • Stewie Griffin
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

Scott-Parker-celebrates-s-001.jpg

Doubt we will try to buy him this year, we need world class, not squad players. :twisted:
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Gav888 wrote:
    bam49 wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    It's the Bianchi one...

X0632.jpg

That's nice. Enjoy it.

+1 again, very cool top. I would wear it.
    Same here, very nice.
  • It's a nice top - if you like it wear it, and give a hearty f*** off to anyone that moans about you wearing it. I think it likes quite good - I'm a big fan of the more retro styling of the logos and white bands on it.

Personal views, people can wear any of the tour tops, but if you wear a polka dot jersey expect everyone to try and beat you up hills, and everyone trying to sprint past you in the green jersey - thats just human nature (in the same way that everyone sits in my boot just because I pootle around in a moderately quick and sporty looking car) As for the yellow jersey, be prepared to have to keep brushing the flies off you every time you stop on a hot summers day :lol:
    Has the head wind picked up or the tail wind dropped off???
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Wear what you want. Although you should be aware that a yellow jersey is the thin end of the wedge and could lead to a full yellow skinsuit...Teletubbies_Lala-Costume.jpg

You'll need a digibox after the changeover.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Surely it's sensible to wear a yellow jersey for visibility to other road users....?

Same with the rainbow jersey. I suppose there's always something at the back of my mind thinking "I feel a bit of a fraud wearing this" but then I think "F*ck it! I love cycling and will wear what I like, i'm sure other cyclists see me and think there is someone who loves what he's doing and wants to show the world his passion, yes I realise he is not world champion, but respects and admires he sport and the competitors and is an ambassador for them"

So Fat Man, I hope you enjoy your ride and i'm sure you will soon be buying a smaller size! 8) Something to aim towards to treat yourself. :D

Ride safe!
    What wheels...? Wheelsmith.co.uk!