The Royal Wedding!

13»

Comments

• Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    If only, but there are plenty of slack-jawed, glazed eyed "Oh arn't they luvley!?" brain-donor, drooling f*cktards about...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13193685
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Cressers wrote:
    If only, but there are plenty of slack-jawed, glazed eyed "Oh arn't they luvley!?" brain-donor, drooling f*cktards about...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13193685

Hey, they like what they like. Good for them, they're enjoying themselves. Camping out for this really isn't any stranger than camping out on the side of a remote Alpine road waiting for a bike race to come through.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • richk
    richk Posts: 564
    Planning on going for a ride with my son while MrsK watches :)
    There is no secret ingredient...
  • Wish I'd thought of it before. Would be good to apply for a road closure for a street party, then not actually have the street party. I could stand at the end of the street where I live as stop people from driving through it! "Road's closed mate..."

:D
  • I have decided to plumb in our new washing machine as a fitting tribute. It is white, with a red hose and a blue hose, so red, white and blue to fit the patriotic moment. The added bonus is that everytime the media tell us how long they have been married, I will remember how old our washing machine is.
    We have decided to have a ceremonial washing of my son's union jack boxer shorts to christen the machine while the whole family looks on waving flags.
    We Brits know how to put on a good ceremonial.
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Royal Wedding! - what's that then?

-Spider-
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Wish I'd thought of it before. Would be good to apply for a road closure for a street party, then not actually have the street party. I could stand at the end of the street where I live as stop people from driving through it! "Road's closed mate..."

If you'd thought of it really hard, you could have applied for several streets, in say a 1-2km loop, and held a Criterium.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Lightning
    Lightning Posts: 360
    This poll needed a "both" option. I don't know if this qualifies but I couldn't go out today so I watched part of it while doing 2x20 on the turbo :twisted:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Really pleased to see an overwhelming majority not interested in this outrage.

I'm not riding but would be if I wasn't working.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    I took the opportunity of the quieter roads to do my first outdoor ride since July last year!! I had both knees replaced three months ago and even though it was raining, I loved every second of it so now I will remember this day for something other than the crappy wedding.
  • Went for a 40 mile ride in the South Downs. Corking day, roads quieter but still some cars out - pesky republicans! :)
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Wish I'd thought of it before. Would be good to apply for a road closure for a street party, then not actually have the street party. I could stand at the end of the street where I live as stop people from driving through it! "Road's closed mate..."

If you'd thought of it really hard, you could have applied for several streets, in say a 1-2km loop, and held a Criterium.

But that would involve thinking hard!
  • Spent a number of hours cycling on the local 'Strawberry Line',a long-disused railway track now converted to a motor-free heaven,with three generations of family & stopping for a lovely cream tea on the return leg. Very enjoyable watching our five year old grand-daughter continuing to grow in confidence on two wheels.: :D Couldn't avoid enduring some coverage of the event on the news but that is more than enough for me!
    I disapprove of what you say but will defend....your right to say it. Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire08 Cotic Soda-deceased!10 Bianchi 928 c2c23 Marin Nicasio2
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204

you can do that any time with a yellow coat, newspaper and a motorway sticker on your car boot. no need to wait for approval.
  • blueheeler
    blueheeler Posts: 61
    sort of embarrassing to admit this...I am an avowed republican but watched (and enjoyed!) the royal wedding. Did clash with a big footie game apparently. Was invited around to a mates place for dinner and he had his widescreen TV on and before i knew it I was sitting down watching it. Funny thing is ..the other 3 people joined me. Time difference helped a lot as here in Australia it was on at 8pm.
    Glad we weren't paying for it though! 58 million does seem excessive.
    Some observations:
    Um....there's no way that Charles is Harry's father..it's so obvious.
    Prince Andrew needs to give up the grog and eat more veggies.
    Fergies daughters....their use by date is fast approaching.
    Loved seeing the cars , interior of the abbey and the flyover by the Battle of Britain flight..those looked Spitfires looked magnificent.
  • BillyMansell
    BillyMansell Posts: 817
    Went out a 7am and did 50 miles as I wanted to ride AND go to a party.

The ride was fine although the roads were slightly damp so was cautious as it was the first rain in a couple of weeks and wasn't willing to take risks on what could have been damp and greasy road surfaces.

The party was lots of fun with the dress code being wedding attire. Was reminiscent of scenes from Great Expectations with my two sisters spending all day dressed in their wedding dresses (not bad for one who last wore the dress 23 years ago) and got a picture of their party celebrations on the BBC website as a friend works at the BBC..

Followed the party with a trip to the pub and got home some time after midnight so took a day off the bike yesterday.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Having planned for a 60-70 miler I awoke feeling a bit guff and lethargic. I ended up pootling about for 30 miles on my MTB and struggled home. Hot sweats and headaches, what I thought was spot from an insect bite.
    Chicken Pox.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Lagavulin wrote:
    Having planned for a 60-70 miler I awoke feeling a bit guff and lethargic. I ended up pootling about for 30 miles on my MTB and struggled home. Hot sweats and headaches, what I thought was spot from an insect bite.
    Chicken Pox.

Some people on here got that from staring at Pippa Middleton's arse.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."