The Royal Wedding!

rob_spedding
rob_spedding Posts: 442
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
So, April 29th will you be wearing Union Jack pants and cheering Will and Kate, or will you be pulling on the Lycra and riding until it's all over?
Rob Spedding, Editor, Cycling Plus

Comments

• Caver1989
    Caver1989 Posts: 23
    Myself and a few friends will be JOGLEing from Bristol to Okehampton that day. That's our day 7/10. Got to make the most of the bank holidays haven't we?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,090
    Working (ish) as going up to fort William for maggies bike and hike
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Good luck to them both, but I'm not in the least interested in the wedding.

It'll either be work, or hopefully cycling.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • donkykong
    donkykong Posts: 160
    i,ll be riding hopefully.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    fupp the royals

bloody scroungers
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    fupp the royals

bloody scroungers

I'm not even going to take the bait on that argument........
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Wills should have got some riding in by the end of the night :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    redvee wrote:
    Wills should have got some riding in by the end of the night :lol:

Can't say I'd blame him either phwoar
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I don't know what I'll be doing but watching the royal wedding I won't be.

Thanks for the extra day off though, all the same. :D
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • I think the Royal Wedding is great - it means a day off for an extra days riding - lets have more!
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    I'll be on my honeymoon. I'm getting married the saturday before.
  • guinea wrote:
    I'll be on my honeymoon. I'm getting married the saturday before.

Is it on telly?
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    They've snubbed me by not inviting me to the Cathedral, not even the reception ! So sod them I'm going for a spin somewhere....
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Flasheart wrote:-
    Can't say I'd blame him either phwoar

Mind you I like them with a bit more flesh on them, too skinny for me.

According to Charlie on news of engagement, words to the effect that its been a long time coming. So possibly nothing unexpected, maybe a night in watching the highlights. :twisted:
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Managed to book the 3 days off between Easter and the wedding due to someone posting about it on here about 3 months ago, tipping us off. Hence, got approval before everyone else...oh dear! Nice day on the bike planned and a few pints after. Lovely.

The Royals? Sod 'em.
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    I went to his dad's do and got locked inside Hyde Park :x They shall have to manage without me this time round.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    hopefully the world and his wife will be watching and the roads will be nice and car free
    lovely 8)
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    plowmar wrote:

According to Charlie on news of engagement, words to the effect that its been a long time coming.

Maybe Willy boy was making sure there were no horse faced munters married to other blokes that he fancied knocking off on the side out there before he took the plunge.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    plowmar wrote:

According to Charlie on news of engagement, words to the effect that its been a long time coming.

Maybe Willy boy was making sure there were no horse faced munters married to other blokes that he fancied knocking off on the side out there before he took the plunge.
    baffles me how people can get excited about a posh do for the privileged few, paid for out of our pockets, still sun readers need some excitement in their sad lives i suppose. I'll be on me bike for sure!:D
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Riding. Twelve days off from the 21st and only costing me three and a half days leave. Result.
  • dizzydane
    dizzydane Posts: 322
    Lagavulin wrote:
    Riding. Twelve days off from the 21st and only costing me three and a half days leave. Result.

Same! Off to France for some decent climbing!
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    Benno68 wrote:
    Good luck to them both, but I'm not in the least interested in the wedding.

It'll either be work, or hopefully cycling.

+1

Hopefully I'll be doing something to make good use of the extra day off, but I'll probably be working :cry:
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    On the bike in Majorca!

A full week off in the sun at a cost of only 3 days and I'll avoid most of the hoopla. Result!

That said. There was a volcano last year. Who knows what this year will bring :shock:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Mum wants to make a thing of it (she's foreign...) so the whole family is congregating with nice food and drinks to watch it.

Having said that, a great excuse to go out for a ride for a couple of hours befoerhand though.
  • Marcus_C
    Marcus_C Posts: 183
    Lagavulin wrote:

Same here, I was just about fast enough to book the leave before everyone realised...
    - Genesis Equilibrium Athena
    - Cannondale CAADX Force/105/Rival
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Marcus_C wrote:
    Lagavulin wrote:

Same here, I was just about fast enough to book the leave before everyone realised...

Pendant alert!

The use of the phrase "just about" is really starting to bug me - especially on Football Focus. You either were fast enough or you weren't.

Sorry. Rant over. Carry on. :oops:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Shall be doing a great Audax ride from Wem in Shropshire called '4 Rivers and a wedding' 200km.
    There is a sister ride which is '3 rivers and a wedding' it's 170km and flatter. The 4 Rivers wonders it's way over towards Lake Vrynwy (featured on Sundays Countryfile program) £6 to enter either. 4 rivers starts at 7.30am and 3 rivers 8.30am.

What's this wedding stuff all about anyway, still with Cruise Missiles at £1m quid each with Gaddafi's name on them, strange as we were selling this sort of stuff to him up till recently, is a we wedding gonna break the bank? er..... second thoughts maybe not the best way of putting it :shock:
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Riding the bike thats for sure :) not interested in the royals.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • LeighM
    LeighM Posts: 156
    Girlfriend's mum is doing champagne and canapes... I'm going out on my bike! :D
    2014 Trek Madone 4.7 | 2009 Trek Fuel EX7 | Planet X Pro Carbon Track Elite
    TrainerRoad
    Strava
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    LeighM wrote:
    Girlfriend's mum is doing champagne and canapes... I'm going out on my bike! :D

Where exactly does your 'mother in law to be' live? :lol: