The Royal Wedding!

Comments

• Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    Can this thread be unstickied? I'm RW'd out already...
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    The Mrs is having a mate over so that they can both watch it together :roll:
    If for some reason I can't get out on my bike, I shall be boiling my head !!!!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    After giving it some thought i've decided i'm going to have a wank
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Mrs dmclite has invited some of her pals over, get dressed in wedding outfits and drink pink fizzy wine whilst watching the ceremony. I have been tasked with taking the kids out with the other dads and kids of friends and then BBQ it up later. I dunno if I'm looking forward to this or not to be honest ?
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Homer J wrote:
    Succinct and to the point.......... Genius :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    MattC59 wrote:
    Homer J wrote:
    Succinct and to the point.......... Genius :lol:

I don't think that statement had anything to do with the wedding. He was just letting us know.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Homer J wrote:

Are you going to have a wank thinking about the (future) Queen? Is that treason?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    The wife's indicated that she wants to watch the wedding.

This is good news as it will allow me to escape for 6-8 hours and hit the dales on the bike. I may even trash £50 and hire a carbon road bike from the local store.

Bets now being taken for rain on that day;heavy rain and for the entire day....

Bob
  • mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    Riding, from Morecambe to Rippon on the Way of the Roses c2c route. Next day on to Brid.

Hope it's a big media glam racket... so the roads will be nice and quiet :D
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    Can we have a third option for working ? :?
    Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • dandel36
    dandel36 Posts: 70
    royal wedding MY ARSE!!!!!!! I'll be on my bike.

del
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban
  • Is the Pope head of the an extortion rcaket?

I'll be riding!
  • The Royals are all parasites. Should've done what the French did and bring out Madame Guillotine.
    Vive Le Revolution :twisted:
  • A friend and I are making the most of the 11 day break and doign land's end to John O'Groats.

I don't know which day it is we get extra, only that I am very thankful for it, and now a comitted monarchist!
  • I don't think they bothered watching my wedding so I'll be out riding. Mind you, by the same argument, Andy Schleck never watches me ride so I shouldn't watch the Tour de France this year
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,185
    I'll probably be fishing - on my hols but don't think I'll have room to take the bike :( If I can squeeze it in then I'll be out enjoying the roads of the South Hams and Dartmoor.
  • No.. I'll not be watching the Parasite Marriage.. .
    I have far more important and interesting things on the agenda..

Further, in a time of cuts and money being shy, such a massive waste of public funds, for a prissy little pair of brats to marry is really offensive.
    http://anotherdooratthe.endoftheinternet.org

Cycle related blog entries, including a few 5 minute reviews:
    http://anotherdooratthe.endoftheinterne ... y/cycling/
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    I shall have to find a route that avoids St Andrews.
    Unless it's raining, in which case I shall be watching DVDs from the big pile I haven't watched yet.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • Having been forced to watch the Charles v Diana mismatch all those years ago, I shall be as far away from a television set as my pedal power will permit. I wish them all the best whoever they may be but will take full toll of the available trail time on offer. Must remember to charge my lights in advance to avoid being caught unawares with last minute highlights nonsense. How does one spell bah humbug?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I have an interest in this wedding as illustrated by this diagram:

poll002.jpg

I don't know her, but if she'd played the field a bit, she could have had my brother. I did go to school with the sons of her neighbours though.

I'm trying to work this angle with excitable ladies as much as possible until it gets stale.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    plowmar wrote:

According to Charlie on news of engagement, words to the effect that its been a long time coming.

Maybe Willy boy was making sure there were no horse faced munters married to other blokes that he fancied knocking off on the side out there before he took the plunge.
    baffles me how people can get excited about a posh do for the privileged few, paid for out of our pockets, still sun readers need some excitement in their sad lives i suppose. I'll be on me bike for sure!:D

+1 If your a REAL cyclist and your off work you should be out on your bike rather than watching those toffy nosed out of date parasites costing us the taxpayer millions.
  • tri-sexual
    tri-sexual Posts: 672
    Mum wants to make a thing of it (she's foreign...) so the whole family is congregating with nice food and drinks to watch it.

Having said that, a great excuse to go out for a ride for a couple of hours befoerhand though.

you describe your mum as foreign?
  • cruiser33
    cruiser33 Posts: 464
    I`m definately looking foreward to celebrating the happy event by getting out on my new`CUBE`........hopefully the roads will be quiet and the sun will be shining .
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    No.. I'll not be watching the Parasite Marriage.. .

They're not parasites, they're reptilians.

Next Friday is David Icke's birthday too. I have a theory that the whole "royal wedding" thing is a charade designed to allow them to reveal their true lizardy form while the eyes of the world are watching.
  • Icke's brithday? Is it on telly? I'd watch that!
    Rob Spedding, Editor, Cycling Plus
  • Following the post re April 29th being Icke's birthday, Hitler also married Eva Braun on this day.
    I doubt Steve Wright 'll mention this though...
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • Just a thought, but wouldn't it be great it nobody turned up! Imagine the Royal procession makes it's way down the Mall, watched by a man walking his dog.

:D
  • forehead
    forehead Posts: 180
    I'm planning a ride on the hopefully near empty roads but the weather is looking none too clever. :cry:
    Cube - Peloton
    Cannondale - CAAD10
  • hopefully will be out riding, but one tihng chaps and chapesses, on your route make sure no little devils have closed the road for a street party :shock:
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Just a thought, but wouldn't it be great it nobody turned up! Imagine the Royal procession makes it's way down the Mall, watched by a man walking his dog.

:D

This could actually happen. Everyone I've spoken to couldn't care less. Everyone planning to do something else as they think the whole country will be at or watching the wedding. This could get messy.

I'd love it if no-one turned out for the AV vote too.
    exercise.png