• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    lent
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I leave that malarkey to the Christians.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Will Snow
    Will Snow Posts: 1,154
    god
    i ride a hardtail
  • Picking my nose
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    Religion... & bike neglect - my (100 miles old) chain had actual salt crystals forming on it last night *shudder*
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    pastey_boy wrote:
    rape

What a stupid and offensive thing to write. Rape is a serious crime devastating the lives' of victims.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    dilemna wrote:
    pastey_boy wrote:
    rape

What a stupid and offensive thing to write. Rape is a serious crime devastating the lives' of victims.

Just as well he's giving it up for lent then.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Chocolate mini-rolls :(
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Hopefully I'll give up finding excuses not to put the miles in on the bike, especially now that the evenings are getting lighter.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    dilemna wrote:
    pastey_boy wrote:
    rape

40 days less of it should be good for everyone then
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dilemna wrote:
    pastey_boy wrote:
    rape

how does anybody know they don't mean the cereal . what you get rape oil from.

not many need to cycle here. enough exercise from jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle etc.
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    dilemna wrote:
    pastey_boy wrote:
    rape

and what a prize fool you are. i was referring to the fact that i along with countless millions of others continue to rape the earth of its natural resources. for lent i will wear sandals and grow a beard whilst sipping on a cool glass of organic milk. before you jump down the throats of those trying to make a difference you should ask yourself one question "if rape is so serious then why do footballers get away with it" ?
    i await a grovelling apology .
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • ohara227
    ohara227 Posts: 225
    Cheese for me...its going to be hard!
    'The hills are alive with the sounds of panting'

Rides:

MTB - Giant 2008 Trance X2
    Road - Giant 2010 Defy 2
    Hybrid - Giant Escape 2011 City 2
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    ohara227 wrote:
    Cheese for me...its going to be hard!

so camembert is okay then?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    edited March 2011
    pastey_boy wrote:
    dilemna wrote:
    pastey_boy wrote:
    rape

and what a prize fool you are. i was referring to the fact that i along with countless millions of others continue to rape the earth of its natural resources. for lent i will wear sandals and grow a beard whilst sipping on a cool glass of organic milk. before you jump down the throats of those trying to make a difference you should ask yourself one question "if rape is so serious then why do footballers get away with it" ?
    i await a grovelling apology .

Your remark was calculated to cause offence which you knew or should have reasonably known. You are a deeply unpleasant person to have posted such a response. I would suggest that you remove it out of common decency. I refer you BR's terms and conditions of posting of which you are clearly in breach. If any apology is owed it is from you to the forum.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • Will Snow
    look at the stream of offended people!!
    i ride a hardtail
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    for lent i am going to give up trying to figure out why millions of people give up something for 40 days because they believe in some mythical hippy who had one too many mushrooms and his dad who actually did "rape" that mary bird in her sleep whilst joseph was snoring away, thats if you give any credence to their magical story book.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    dilemna wrote:
    Your remark was calculated to cause offence which you knew or should have reasonably known. You are a deeply unpleasant person to have posted such a response. I would suggest that you remove it out of common decency. I refer you BR's terms and conditions of posting of which you are clearly in breach.

I suspect you may find the "tongue" was so firmly in cheek and held for such a time as to actually start to bond together and the plaintiff can now no longer speak properly - chastised so thoroughly for his mis-deeds.

Oh cruel cruel world!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    edited March 2011
    Lame jokes would be a good one to give up it seems :D
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    Scalping Hatbeard :wink:
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Religion.

And not just for Lent either. Religion seems to be the root cause of more harm than good.

Question for those about to jump down my throat.

A good man who doesn't believe and an evil man who does. Which one gets into Heaven/Jannah etc?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Will Snow
    daviesee wrote:

A good man who doesn't believe and an evil man who does. Which one gets into Heaven/Jannah etc?

I believe neither. But I see your point
    i ride a hardtail
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Moderation.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I was thinking I might give up chocolate. I eat far too much of the stuff.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    I intend to give up pancakes. I will eat a load tonight just to get it out of my system then do cold turkey for 40 days - I did really well last year and managed a whole 12 months without them, hoping to do the same this year.
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    Giving any credence to those claiming offence
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    edited March 2011
    mr_poll wrote:
    I intend to give up pancakes. I will eat a load tonight just to get it out of my system then do cold turkey for 40 days - I did really well last year and managed a whole 12 months without them, hoping to do the same this year.

Strangely enough I have the same thoughts re my chocolate mini-rolls except that in 12 months' time it will be something else I might consider giving up :)
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    dilemna wrote:
    Your remark was calculated to cause offence which you knew or should have reasonably known. You are a deeply unpleasant person to have posted such a response. I would suggest that you remove it out of common decency. I refer you BR's terms and conditions of posting of which you are clearly in breach.

I suspect you may find the "tongue" was so firmly in cheek and held for such a time as to actually start to bond together and the plaintiff can now no longer speak properly - chastised so thoroughly for his mis-deeds.

Oh cruel cruel world!

Besides, one should be praising him for giving up what the Catholic Church could not.
    Uh oh, did I really just go there? :roll:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I'm giving up sacrificing anything for Jesus.

oh wait.