Favourite Film Scenes....

Comments

• rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    Get Carter - When Caine throws Alf Roberts off the multi.
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,170
    The opening of Donnie Darko as he cycles home, barefoot and in PJs having sleepwalked, through scenes of idyllic American suburbia. No sound except "Killing Moon" playing over -- absolutely brilliant. (Though it was the director's second choice for sound track, I much prefer the "Killing Moon" theatrical release version to the INXS dvd version.)
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Is it safe?

Is it safe?

........ Is it safe?

Marathon Man - the drill scene with Lawrence Olivier as the Nazi dentist getting ever closer to drilling into Dustin Hoffman's teeth.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • 'well, i'm back'

Samwise Gamgee at the end of the Return of the king.

tears every time...
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • Bozman wrote:
    Pulp Fiction - Ezekiel 25:17, The path of the righteous man.....

+1

As a geeky grad student I had a version of that on my lab bench to warn people about stealing my reagents!
    No-one wanted to eat Patagonia Toothfish so they renamed it Chilean Sea Bass and now it's in danger of over fishing!
  • napper
    napper Posts: 31
    Ear cutting scene from Resevoir dogs, classic....and

the end of Shrek 1- "I'm a believer" - great good feel factor.
  • My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6m7NR6iYjg

And this bit of the same film, The Princess Bride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7zvffHu ... re=related
    No-one wanted to eat Patagonia Toothfish so they renamed it Chilean Sea Bass and now it's in danger of over fishing!
  • :oops: The opening scene of" Italian job" rossanno brazzi driving the car through the mountains to the matt monro song , the sunlight ,glasses, car etc. superb Whilst not an opener the chess scene in the thomas crown affair is very sexually charged & the great bit is the fact you absolutely zilch, it's all suggestive. Mind you we are talking 70s here .
  • :oops: correction "see zilch"
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    The Great Escape - Steve McQueen trying to jump the barbed-wire on the motorbike. No matter how many times you watch, you always will him to succeed and feel totaly gutted for him when it all goes wrong...
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • Karl2010
    Karl2010 Posts: 511
    Pulp Fiction for me.

"What does Marcellus Wallace look like? Does he look like a bi**ch?"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCrDuGyZ6FA
  • JLM74
    JLM74 Posts: 108
    pneumatic wrote:
    Apollo 13 - when the stricken lunar module crackles into the silence and darkness of the far side of the moon and then a haunting Annie Lennox soundtrack emerges. Chillingly lonely scene.

I like the scene where they have to work out how to make the round filters go into the square hole, using things like the flight manual cover.
    AndyRubio wrote:
    Crapaud wrote:
    2001: A Space Odyssey - the shuttle flying to the space station.
    I love the dialogue in that middle section of the film, it's almost all small talk. "Who wants sandwiches!"

The whole film is full of great moments. My particular favourites are the "Open the pod bay doors HAL" and switching HAL off scenes.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    bigbelly wrote:
    It's got to be the scene in the Mask, that little red dress...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X08mjNDYbgM

Has anyone mentioned the first scene in Betty Blue?
  • the closing shot in Tarlkovkys Mirror.

The candle carrying scene in tarkovskys Nostalgia

The opening scene of naked gun 33 3rd (oh no disgruntled postal workers)

Dewey Cox meeting the beatles in the dewey cox story.

the hitler scene in rat Race

woody allen buying a nudey book in bananas
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The Deer Hunter, when it shifts from the piano playing in the bar to Vietnam and the helicopter attacking the village.

Brokeback Mountain, the "quit you" scene.

Ingloriuos Basterds, Hugo Stiglitz is introduced.

Lost in Translation, the end when he whispers to Scarlett Johansens character.

Fight Club, the first fight outside the bar in the car park.

Cape Fear, Robert De Niro and Juliette lewis in the school auditoruim.

Zoolander, Hansels introduction film at the awards ceremony, hilarious.

Dodgeball, Patches' O Houlihans training.

I could go on........
  • redd
    redd Posts: 19
    Just off the top of my head:
    Railway station ambush in Untouchable.
    LA street shoot out in Heat.
    "Help me. help you..." Jerry Maguire
    "You've lost that loving feeling..." Top Gun
    "Do you like Beethoven?" Leon
  • "I know what you're thinking...did he fire 6 shots or only 5?"

The comeback scene in 'Breaking Away' where he gets back on the bike and overtakes the whole field

Hustler - Where he goes back into Ames and plays Minnesota Fats off the table

Hot shots scene where the planes are being guided in on the final bombing run

The hour record scene in 'The Flying Scotsman' where ze Germans get it up 'em!

Withnail & I - "We demand the finest wines available to humanity! We want them here and we want them now!"

Oh, and the original 80s Transformers movie when Hot Rod becomes Rodimus Prime "This is the end of the road Galvatron!"

I'll get my coat :oops:
    What wheels...? Wheelsmith.co.uk!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    Another for the Ezekial 25:17 scene in Pulp Fiction (and several others in that film)

Reservoir Dogs - I don't want to be Mr. Pink and the Like a Virgin debate

Platoon - Grodin being pursued by the Vietnamese as the rest of the Platoon fly out with the haunting sounds of Adagio for Strings.

9 1/2 Weeks - Kim Basinger watching a slide show but thinking about other things :wink:

Goldeneye - Onotopp killing the Canadian admiral (that's the way I'd like to go!!)

The opening surfing scene in Die Another Day is pretty good, it's hard to believe that it is still the same film when you get the worst scene ever in the kite surfing scene towards the end of the film.
  • Anonymous
    Point Break. All of it. Dude. :D
  • zanelad
    zanelad Posts: 269
    The opening and closing scenes from LEON.

The scenes in the celler bar from Inglorious Basterds

The scene in Saving Private Ryan where the mother gets a visit from the Officer and Chaplain.

Any scene from Apocalyps Now with Robert Duvall in it.

The sequence in the hut in Mississippi Burning where the agent tells the Klansmen about what happened to the young black lad. All the time he's toying with a coffee cup and a razor blade
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    dmclite wrote:
    The Deer Hunter, when it shifts from the piano playing in the bar to Vietnam and the helicopter attacking the village.

Brokeback Mountain, the "quit you" scene.

Ingloriuos Basterds, Hugo Stiglitz is introduced.

Lost in Translation, the end when he whispers to Scarlett Johansens character.

Fight Club, the first fight outside the bar in the car park.

Cape Fear, Robert De Niro and Juliette lewis in the school auditoruim.

Zoolander, Hansels introduction film at the awards ceremony, hilarious.

Dodgeball, Patches' O Houlihans training.

I could go on........

Great choices, especially the Brokeback one.

Closer - The break-up scene with Clive Owen and Julia Roberts when he gets back from a business trip.

Closer - the scene where Clive Owen finds Natalie Portman in the strip club.

Leon - so many great bits, but especially the dressing up game with Jean Reno and Natalie Portman.

Clerks 2 - Jay doing his Silence of the Lambs dance to the song "Goodbye Horses".

The Mist - the final scene when the main character has killed his fellow escapees in the car thinking that the monsters are going to get them, only for the noise turning out to be the army.
  • Anonymous
    Oh my, completely forgot about this, a CLASSIC film! Can't get it on DVD.

The pub scene is top, see from about 3.45 onwards...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22uGwg2m ... re=related
  • Peyote
    Peyote Posts: 2,189
    Jaws, the scene up to the immortal (or not!) line "We're gonna need a bigger boat."

Star Wars - Just too many, but the bit in the Star Destroyer where the Imperial Officers are talking about the Old Relegion and Mr Vader says "I find your lack of faith disturbing"

The Goonies - The scene were Chunk meets Sloth, he (Chunk) starts off scared sh*tless, but they end up fighting over a candy bar.

Edited to add - The fight scene at the end of Aliens between Ripley and the Mother Alien. Although the sentry guns scenes were good in the Directors cut too.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    Speaking of fight scenes, the fight scene at the end of Blazing Saddles is a classic :lol:
  • Anonymous
    The end of Moulin Rouge. If I ever have the misfortune to have to watch it again I will cut my own eyes out with a rusty spoon. :)
  • Pross wrote:
    Speaking of fight scenes, the fight scene at the end of Blazing Saddles is a classic :lol:

+1
  • While we're on Mel Brooks, there are a load of good scenes in History of the World Part 1. The whole movie feels like a collection of scenes and I particularly like the stone age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkz83VFEk1A

Especially the art critic (0:44) and music (4:10).
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Party Party

"Top on, Top off" Scene where Daniel Peacock forgets to remove the bottle top and ends pulling a tooth out trying to remove it with his teeth.
  • Anonymous
    Kentucky fried movie, Cleopatra Schwartz.