Girls, do you think the person behing is checking you out?

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited January 2011 in Commuting chat
The other thread spurred this serious question:

When guys are riding behind you do you think that they're looking at your butt?

I ask for the obvious, but also because I'm now so self concious that this is what I think you think I'm doing (and I don't always) I find myself having to immediately overtake if you're female.

Of course this makes for great pains.

There are occasions like when a lady cyclist was cruising along at my speed and I really didn't see the point of overtaking simply to be ahead of her riding at her speed. Of course she noticed me behind her (I'm minding my own business) and immediately started slowing down so I had no choice to overtake. To be honest if this was because she thought I was checking her out I find this insulting. I'm happily taken.

Also why don't girls accept a draft?
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Why restrict this to girls?

I know that people behind me are checking out my butt.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    All I get is the sound of quiet vomiting... it's very offputting.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Nifer
    Nifer Posts: 102
    No, because I'm usually at the back.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    I think they do because I had a girl deliberately wiggle her bum at me. The reason I say this is because we were both cruising along on the flat and for no reason she got out of the saddle and stomped on the pedals a few times.

I wish more girls would do this
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    There is never anyone behind me unless there is a large group of cyclists at the lights. That might last about 5 seconds once the lights turn green :roll: :oops:
  • hfidgen
    hfidgen Posts: 340
    To the guy in the massively stretched and patchy lycra going through Trafalgar Square last night... Practically the whole world could see your horrendous scabby ar*se... Two of us actually sat there and had a conversation about it whilst he was parked infront at the lights. Don't think he noticed :lol:

As for checking the girls out... I think it'd be rare to find a man who didn't tbh. But then I doubt the girls are that restrained at checking our hineys either.

Whether they'd wish to is another matter entirely (see above).
    FCN 4 - BMC CX02
  • kelsen
    Nifer wrote:
    No, because I'm usually at the back.

Pull on a pair of see-through leggings and you'll inadvertently find yourself faster than most blokes out there
  • I'm sure riding through Brizzle I've had hotties checking out me in my lycra (or perhaps it's all in my head).
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    To be honest if this was because she thought I was checking her out I find this insulting.

Maybe she'd read one of your BikeRadar threads? :twisted:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Did get a lovely smile off a girl yesterday though when I gave way to her.....unfortunately, I was in the car....
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    There is one car on my commute which seems to sit behind me for an alarming amount of time every day, I ride in on a mostly empty 10 mile stretch of national speed limit road along the coast with ample oppurtunity to pass. They can only be 'checking me out' or maybe its in my head?
  • DonDaddyD
    kelsen wrote:
    I think they do because I had a girl deliberately wiggle her bum at me. The reason I say this is because we were both cruising along on the flat and for no reason she got out of the saddle and stomped on the pedals a few times.

You never seen wild life on one?

She was presenting.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • I hope so, it is top quality fare :lol:

Wouldn't say I check out guys butts, but I do give an approving glance at thighs and upper arms where deserved.

PS I am a burd, just in case there's any confusion!
    "I think the phrase rhymes with Clucking Bell"

FCN = 4
  • DonDaddyD

PS I am a burd, just in case there's any confusion!

(Real) picture or your lying.
    Food Chain number = 4

• mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    Hands up who else has been checking out a girls butt only then to notice the suspiciously large calf muscles as they pass the long-haired gentleman. :oops:
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    No because they're never behind me long enough. As soon as anyone gets close enough to see my butt they're pulling out to pass :(
  • DonDaddyD
    edited January 2011
    suzyb wrote:
    No because they're never behind me long enough. As soon as anyone gets close enough to see my butt they're pulling out to pass :(

So would you want men to check your butt out in a noticable way?

* And if so, is this the secret truth of all female cyclists....
    Food Chain number = 4

• kelsen
    I hope so, it is top quality fare :lol:
    We'll be the judge of that! Pic please.
  • Note to self: take more detours, not enough glutes on the route.
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • suzyb wrote:

thats just rude
    i will quite happy to stay behind you and watch your bottom :lol:
  • suzyb wrote:

Half your luck. You can spot mine from the next county. They'd have to start an overtake at around the braking distance for an HGV at 70mph. In the wet.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Half your luck. You can spot mine from the next county. They'd have to start an overtake at around the braking distance for an HGV at 70mph. In the wet.

Do you drink Martini?

Jose' - drag over the trolley and don't go easy on the Vodka my boy . . .
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • As loosely as I use the term 'working from home', I think posting a pic of my own arse on the internet probably doesn't qualify :lol:

I have been reliably informed that it is of a particularly high standard though :D Honed by cycling of course!
    "I think the phrase rhymes with Clucking Bell"

FCN = 4
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    kelsen wrote:

You never seen wild life on one?

She was presenting.

really I thought that was david attenborough

:lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • DonDaddyD
    If you post your arse we won't be able to see your face.

But that's besides the point. I just want you prove your female. Oscar has me suspcious.
    Food Chain number = 4

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    As loosely as I use the term 'working from home', I think posting a pic of my own ars* on the internet probably doesn't qualify :lol:

I have been reliably informed that it is of a particularly high standard though :D Honed by cycling of course!
    Blowing your own trumpet again? ;)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Greg T wrote:

Do you drink Martini?

Jose' - drag over the trolley and don't go easy on the Vodka my boy . . .

I feel as though I should understand this......
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    To be honest if this was because she thought I was checking her out I find this insulting. I'm happily taken.

... and on the other hand you're quite happy to ask for pictures on the interwebs :)
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    If you post your ars* we won't be able to see your face.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    As loosely as I use the term 'working from home', I think posting a pic of my own ars* on the internet probably doesn't qualify :lol:

I am afraid that your statements are largely irrelevent without evidence.......of the photographic nature.

*Note to admins; I may have just breached all forum rules by asking another forum member to bear arse to prove the statement. I am sure that on provision of evidence you can then decide whether or not to ban me....depending of the quality of the ar$e, of course.

Bugger :-(
  • DonDaddyD
    edited January 2011
    Aidy wrote:
    I just drank some Haterade...

Before I even read your post I knew...
    339613824v3_480x480_Front.jpg
    Seriously. You have a problem with this.
    Food Chain number = 4