Catford Gyratory

13»

Comments

• Thought a North Easterly was supposed to help the journey home... Didn't feel like it this evening!

There was indeed a lot on the roads today. Nice the lights gone on Bromley Hill. :)
  • What the feck was up with traffic this morning? Hideous. Not helped by closure of Brookmill Road but mad all the way into town...
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    Filtered on the outside all the way from Lewisham RAB to Elephant. As you say, hideous..
  • Chapeau to the tall chap in the white shirt and 3/4 tights who powered past me and another chap up the Col de Brourmelet last night on the single speed. Thought it might have been CP but didn't spot a tatooed calf.
  • Chapeau to the tall chap in the white shirt and 3/4 tights who powered past me and another chap up the Col de Brourmelet last night on the single speed. Thought it might have been CP but didn't spot a tatooed calf.

He he, I had to say it out loud before I knew what you meant :lol:
  • frankieh
    frankieh Posts: 85
    I lost my cycling mojo on the a21 last week. If you see it can you return it?

Thanks
  • FrankieH wrote:

Thanks

Sorry to hear that Frankie.

I lost my rear mech and 8 spokes (wheel on life support my mechanic may pull the plug today) on Commercial Street last night thanks to a rogue carrier bag blowing into derailleur. Amazing how quickly a wheel stops going round with a derailleur wedged between the spokes the the frame...

Bugger.
  • frankieh
    Bad times :(

Still, at least its another long weekend.
  • Unlikely to hit the Downs on my Mrs Doubtfire Ridgeback Hybrid this weekend... :(
  • frankieh
    Is that what you were going to do?

Theres still time to get it fixed!!
  • It's in very good hands but I suspect not ready in time; also no real opportunity this weekend with family stuff.
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    FrankieH wrote:

Thanks

What happened? :D
  • frankieh
    no idea but I feel really rubbish on the bike :roll:
  • Have been going round the Gyratory for ages now since the bus lane was dug up.

And working furiously on it they aren't...

Hole in the road and fences unmoved for over a week now. Grrr.
  • Have been going round the Gyratory for ages now since the bus lane was dug up.

And working furiously on it they aren't...

Hole in the road and fences unmoved for over a week now. Grrr.

They finally got round to changing the signs - just before they removed the route!
  • Aha! Will have to look out for that so now officially bikes can use the bus lane there.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    It's starting to nark me now and it looks like they'll be digging up the northerly route bus lane soon as well. just fantastic
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • I quite enjoy going the long way around. Really blasting it on that corner after the drive through gives me a bit of a rush. Don't know why.

If they shut the bus lane going the other way, it'll be carnage. If I'm going that way, I might head up to Catford bridge and get into Ladywell fields.
  • Clever Pun
    phy2sll2 wrote:
    I quite enjoy going the long way around. Really blasting it on that corner after the drive through gives me a bit of a rush. Don't know why.

If they shut the bus lane going the other way, it'll be carnage. If I'm going that way, I might head up to Catford bridge and get into Ladywell fields.

I keep getting caught by the first lights it's infuriating
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    Saying that^ made it nicely the last two days...A clear run without cars trying to kill you is pretty cool
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • The North / South leg next to McDonalds always has some d1ckhead realising they're in the wrong lane stationary across the middle of the road as I approach. Otherwise going round not too bad.

Also clocked the little bicycle on the bus lane sign if they get round to reopening it before I change jobs at the end of Sept!!

N