Catford Gyratory

Comments

• FrankieH.

Do you get your yoghurt from Lidl next to McDonalds in Surrey Quays?

If so we've chatted a couple of mornings Tifossi brother... :)

That's me. Sorry I thought you'd worked that out already and were ignoring me :)
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    FrankieH wrote:
    I saw Clever Pun ride past today when I stopped to get my weeks supply of yogurt 8) Only I managed to get lost on the same route I go every day :roll:

that was you then.. I saw the tifosi and double checked to make sure you wern't in need of help (no idea why you were on that side of the road though. :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • yeah haha I saw the double take. I have no idea why I was on that side of the road. I got up to Southwark park and then remembered I needed to stop and get yoghurt and forgot how to get back and got stuck in the one way system again had to push along the pavement :oops:
  • Incase you cant tell I like yoghurt, but only the greek kind.
  • FrankieH wrote:
    FrankieH.

Do you get your yoghurt from Lidl next to McDonalds in Surrey Quays?

If so we've chatted a couple of mornings Tifossi brother... :)

That's me. Sorry I thought you'd worked that out already and were ignoring me :)

D'oh... Apologies!

Following our last natter a couple of Mondays ago I picked up a flaming puncture half a mile down the road then another in the other tyre last week so I have taken the plunge on some VIttoria Rubinos - with blue trim.

Roll well but have pimped the bike up somewhat!
  • How will I recognise you when our paths next cross, CP.

Could you maybe cycle in a Tuxedo on Monday for identification purposes?

And maybe use the granny ring all the way to slow you down?
  • Every time I've seen CP hes got a crazy goatee and looks slightly unimpressed with everything.
  • Looking forward to seeing your tire but not as much as looking forward to seeing a flaming puncture. That must have been awesome, like a real life hell rider.
  • Clever Pun
    How will I recognise you when our paths next cross, CP.

Could you maybe cycle in a Tuxedo on Monday for identification purposes?

And maybe use the granny ring all the way to slow you down?

Black & Red Condor fixed gear...not a granny ring; silly goatee (as mentioned) I'm 6'5 wearing black and have tattoos on my calves and right shin.

should be fairly distinctive
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Will keep my eyes peeled...
  • Clever Pun
    you may have seen me this morning at the catford gyratory (under the big cat sign) fixing the first of the 3 fu<king flats I got this morning
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    you may have seen me this morning at the catford gyratory (under the big cat sign) fixing the first of the 3 fu<king flats I got this morning

Ouch.

3 Fu<king flats sounds far worse than a flaming puncture.

Was on the train this morning. After 8 pints in town last night decided a train home was the best option so bike stayed at work... 8)
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    Clever Pun wrote:

OUCH.

This makes me feel a bit better though, I had 2 in one evening the other day. Got PT today, so didn't experience any punctures :D
  • Clever Pun
    Ended up walking the final stretch to on yer bike, bought a tyre and put it in their workshop to get it sorted, I've seen enough of that sodding backwheel today. had to bobike to work from there... got in very late

one guys stopped as I was walking, I'd given up on the tyre by then but thanked him lots for stopping, very nice to see that
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Shit 3 punctures. I got the train too today. So annoyed with working late every day and all the bad drivers this week I thought there was less chance of stress :evil:

Sad day for a21 bicycle commuting :(
  • hold on, I just realised you might not have actually meant to say flaming, maybe you meant to say.... fucking
  • oh, no you bloody didnt
  • Oh yes I did... :wink:
  • Clever Pun
    It's quite esy to say fucking just need to break it up for the spell checker

take that system
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    Has anyone else been struggling with the headwind home the last couple of nights?? It's just that it sems to be a crosswind so the benefit on the way is reduced... I hate the wind
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Yes horrendous winds... Was blown 6 inches sideways on Tower Bridge last night.

Also that last leg from Catford home just seems that bit more exposed....
  • nich
    I've pretty much settled on avoiding the Lewisham roundabout going north now, and opt for the cut-through via the canal path bit. It certainly seems more relaxing - I often seem to make it a fair way up Brookmill rd. before the traffic catches up (this is leaving quite early mind!).

Oh, and as for the A21 tonight on the way home, sooo much SCR was going on - the most fun little peleton I've seen for a while :D
  • Not enjoying the temporary lights on the Col de Brourmalet... Hope they're gone soon.
  • ^ Seriously, what work can possibly need to be done to the access road of that appalling hotel that needs to take out a whole lane? The only thing that ever happens up there appears to be wedding shows.

Seen quite a few cyclists fitting the bike identities mentioned here. Mainly RLJing. ;-)

I'm distinctive, portly man on a baby blue Independent Fabrication fixed gear. Wave as you pass.
  • Have been looking for someone matching CP's description for weeks but seen no-one.

Of course the risk is I look too long at a civilian with tattooed calves and a fixie and end up being Joe Jordaned...
  • I want to know;
    1,what does Joe Jordaned mean? :)
    2,what does nich ride?

I quite like the lights there, I HATE going down that hill.

Ive also given up using the roundabout but only southbound, weird we do it the other way.
  • nich
    FrankieH wrote:
    I want to know;
    1,what does Joe Jordaned mean? :)
    2,what does nich ride?

I quite like the lights there, I HATE going down that hill.

Ive also given up using the roundabout but only southbound, weird we do it the other way.

I'm currently riding my old 2006 grey/silver specialized allez, which somehow is still going, but darn heavy! I also ride a black cotic roadrat (drops + discs), but I'm doing some DIY on it at the mo :)
  • ok! I'll keep an eye out. I know everyone else, kind of.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I'd be more worried about being Gattuso'd than Joe Jordan'd. Joe Jordan stood there and took it like an elephant standing up to the attack from a butterfly.

Frankie, when Tottenham Hotshit played AC Milan, their captain Gattuso lost the plot with Tottenham coach Joe Jordan and ended up head butting him which only made Jordan more angry.
    The general concensus is that Joe Jordan (59 year old Scot) would wipe the floor with Gattuso (33 year old Italian).article-1357328-0D35FA84000005DC-480_634x413.jpg

I'd have to agree with that assesment.

Of course, when two great teams like Arsenal and Barcelona meet all you get is great football and respect.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • nich
    Laugh at traffic backed up in Lewisham and catford this evening. Ho Ho Ho :twisted: