Lance is in Adelaide doing one of his rides to help....

13»

Comments

• simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,707
    Perhaps Lance has put another $50k aside for the people of Brazil.

With all the fuss over the floods in Queensland the flooding that has killed 800 people in South America - the worst natural disaster Brazil has ever experienced - is not getting anything like the same attention. I've not seen any Premiership footballers or other sports stars giving a toss, so I guess there's no need for anyone else to care either.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Simon E wrote:

With all the fuss over the floods in Queensland the flooding that has killed 800 people in South America - the worst natural disaster Brazil has ever experienced - is not getting anything like the same attention. I've not seen any Premiership footballers or other sports stars giving a toss, so I guess there's no need for anyone else to care either.

As far as I can see, all of the sports stars doing things for Queensland are either a) Australian or b) in Australia.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • One thing that all of these threads has taught me is that it is worth differentiating Lance the potentially tainted athlete from Lance the charity fundraiser.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Simon E wrote:

That thought crossed my mind as well why nobody seemed to give a monkeys about Brazil , i am afraid that in general disasters like this in English speaking countries tend to get a lot more worldwide focus that a thousand dead in Brazil or 5000 killed in Bangladesh say.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Simon E wrote:

He hasn't given $50k to QLD so all square from where I'm sitting.
  • paggnr
    paggnr Posts: 101
    $50,000 is a lot more than zero which is what he has currently donated, despite promising otherwise. I used to believe in miracles Lance but you've let us all down.

You should really hold fire. Generally most donations promised don't turn up the next day.

If no money turns up then good on you for being right. But if the money is there then ...... :oops:
    Cheers
    Pagey
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx