What ya wearing now then?!?!!?

13»

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I needed a new calendar anyway :roll:

1291113793994-1xc2agq69u3dj-950-75.jpg
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Hey ITB - PVC Catsuits £60, I've got a few for sale!

As for me, I'm sticking to fairly traditional clothing:

Baa Baa Merino longsleeve baselayer
    NikeFit base layer
    Aldi Softshell jacket
    Costco longjohns
    Endura Bib longs
    Altura Nightvision Evo Jacket
    Altura Overtrousers
    Sidi Shoes
    Endura Neoprene Overshoes
    A Buff

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • one Knog cap to keep snow/hail out of face.

tee shirt plus jumper and light jacket over top, with light gloves.

work black trousers.

and old Royal Mail shoes.

keeps me warm for the commute.
  • It's one of the baggeration factors of cycling, but particularly so when it's bloody cold, that when you're slogging up a hill and generating loads of heat, the windchill is minimum and when you're piling down the other side and taking care not to come off on the ice, you bloody freeze.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    It's one of the baggeration factors of cycling, but particularly so when it's bloody cold, that when you're slogging up a hill and generating loads of heat, the windchill is minimum and when you're piling down the other side and taking care not to come off on the ice, you bloody freeze.

I did wear my paramo top on Monday, (in fact a Velez see a similar one reviewed by bikeradar)

To give an idea of its performance, I was wearing it because it is far more breathable than my eVent jacket (Actually looking at the link - I see that you have the same jacket).

Paramo is slightly warmer and heavier - but I think the venting is better, and the breathability is far better. My only problem is that the low visibility.

It also lasts a long time - I have a heavier paramo jacket from 1992 that I still use sometimes and was my main waterproof until this year, Still breathable and waterproof.
  • jimmypippa wrote:
    To give an idea of its performance, I was wearing it because it is far more breathable than my eVent jacket (Actually looking at the link - I see that you have the same jacket).

Yes - I rarely wear mine except for heavy rain or extreme cold (prefer Gore Phantom II - without a baselayer when it's milder). Is the Paramo as baggy as it looks in the picture? I like the Stormrider but it still has boil-in-the-bag functionality as good as eVent is.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Skull Cap - Lusso
    Thermal Base layer
    Saxobank Jersey (Swiss champs one)
    Saxobank Bibshorts
    Full Bib shorts going down to ankles
    Thermal socks and another standard pair lol.
    Northwave Cycling shoes (with overshoes)
    Night Vision Thermal cycling gloves.

obviously i wear a helmet and also look cool with my £100 cycling Shades :wink:
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa wrote:

Yes - I rarely wear mine except for heavy rain or extreme cold (prefer Gore Phantom II - without a baselayer when it's milder). Is the Paramo as baggy as it looks in the picture? I like the Stormrider but it still has boil-in-the-bag functionality as good as eVent is.

The cut is a bit "eccentric", though it works for me (as I use it mainly for hillwalking), and is OK on the bike.

Cioch are based in Skye and do made to measure clothing with the same system.

Analogy clothing is probably inherently a bit baggy, as it uses a pertex (or similar) outer to block the wind and the force of the falling water, and a separate (non windproof) liner that differentially pushes water to the outer.

I've heard good things about their service and design.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    itboffin wrote:
    I needed a new calendar anyway :roll:

1291113793994-1xc2agq69u3dj-950-75.jpg

I noticed the Calendar too....for some reason.

I think there is a fair bit of airbrush work going on, however, I was surprised by the amount of models not showing their faces, I suppose an airbrush can only do so much!!

:-) :-)
  • jimmypippa
    [ Is the Paramo as baggy as it looks in the picture?

To give a quote from another site:

http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/forum/forummessages.asp?URN=5&UTN=42028&cp=1#906554
    7) overall fit, but particularly hood fit is the final thing you should be aware of. Rab make great jackets but I just can't get on with their hoods. They are made for people with no chins. But at least they are not as bad as Paramo, their kit is made for pregnant giants with no necks and short arms.

Does that answer your question? In fact some of their clothing is OK fit, but I'd definitely recommend trying it on first...

It is very waterproof though. And breathable - I have been inGreg's Huton Cross Fell and dry, whilst everyone in Gore Tex were soaked. It keeps you dry by pumping water away from the skin, so works when the outside is humid (or even wet) when a gore tex jacket will wet out and stop the vapour escaping.
  • jimmypippa wrote:
    Does that answer your question? .

Err - yes :wink::lol:

Sounds like a good material though.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    DHB eVent top and trousers from Wiggle, neoprene gloves (hot shots, intended for hunters to keep that trigger finger supple, brilliant things).

T shirt and long sleeved T shirt on top of that.

Trainers, boat shoes, loafers, whatever I happen to be wearing on my feet (today some rather natty faun suede lace-ups)

I do not lay claim to any fashion sense. :lol:
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.