Schwalbe Marathon Winter 240 Studded tyres 28x1.35

13»

Comments

• thanks,

i looked at Bohle website, but could not find any sales/shop type section so am i right in thinking that they are just the importers and they then distribute the tires to other uk shops? if so how will i know which shopes are most likley to get any?

first year cummuting next year i will be soooo much better prepeared, this site has been a great help, now have some great lights thanks to mtb what lights thread, just want some tires to keep me going on my untreated route.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Starbike.com (Germany) has informed me that (26inch) stock is expected Mid January.

According to wiggle, they are expecting stock 'any day soon' but have a feeling that'll suddenly changed to early January... we shall see...
  • Bohle are the importers then they go to distributors then to retailers. Retailers will have ordered them (I certainly have) but it will be first come first serve from distribution and the whole production run was sold out last year.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I waiting until summer to get a set, might get them in time for next year's snow.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Heads up: my spare pair of 700x35c are in the road classifieds section now if you're london based.
    Hat + Beard
  • hatbeard wrote:
    Heads up: my spare pair of 700x35c are in the road classifieds section now if you're london based.

hey, they're about the same price as overnight hire of a track pump....I'm in tonight so you can come round to drop them off anytime :wink::lol:
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard wrote:

hey, they're about the same price as overnight hire of a track pump....I'm in tonight so you can come round to drop them off anytime :wink::lol:

I have no recollection of the event in question :P
    Hat + Beard
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    hatbeard wrote:

abra kadabra Allez transformio into CX

fail. damn! :evil:
  • can anyone who has these tell me how tall they are on the rim? i know they are 35mm tyres but are they that tall? i have the width i need in my forks but i may be cutting it close on the crown!

Edit - dont matter now, got a new fork! :D

and i am not in london :cry:
  • hatbeard

Hi - do you still have those tyres? If so I'd like to buy them.

Regards

James Carey (out of town)
  • hatbeard
    jcarey wrote:
    hatbeard

Regards

sorry but they've already been sold.
    Hat + Beard
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    jcarey wrote:
    hatbeard

Regards

Just in time too peeps it's going to get nasty.

Did I mention how much I HATE SNOW!!!!!!!!! :evil:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • hatbeard
    itboffin wrote:

Just in time too peeps it's going to get nasty.

Did I mention how much I HATE SNOW!!!!!!!!! :evil:

I must admit about mid way through last week I was starting to doubt myself for buying them as it looked like the snow was long gone and I was going to be left with two pairs.

now when they mention the S word on the news I get a nice big smug grin across my face.
    Hat + Beard
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    Today on the Devon Somerset border there was 2" of snow overnight

Once I'd got off the lane I live on the road up the valley was clear. Crossing the range of hills to get to work was about 3 miles on compacted snow, then clear again

I could have gone the long way round but basically another day when the Marathon Winters are the winners