One sentence cycling letters

Comments

• Dear Rear Derailleur,

Without using either of the phrases "poor chain maintenance" or "bodged repair whilst out riding" could you please explain why you are currently residing between the spokes of my rear wheel?

Eagerly awaiting vindication,
    Red Rider
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Dear legs,

Headwinds are good for you, shut up.

Yours,

In Pain of Portsmouth
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Dear Brompton

2 shifters is one too many for 6 speeds

I remain your faithful servant

Sam
    MiniLogo-1.jpg
    http://www.velochocolate.co.uk Special Treats for Lifestyle Cyclists

From FCN from 8 (road bike, beard, bag, work clothes) to 15 (on my Brompton)
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Dear Front Wheel,

I've cleaned you, stripped you down, lubed the bits that need lubing, checked your spokes are tensioned and that your nipples are tight so please stop making that annoying ticking noise.

Thanks in advance.

EKE
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Dear God,

I don't think CiB is playing by the rules, the post title afterall is "One sentence cycling letters" and his last post was 3 sentences so please therefore ignore his posts and agree that I win with regards to the wind.

yours,
    playing by the title of the post Cyclopsbiker.

And verily He did smile on CiB, saying ye who hath posteth many posts more than the CyclopsBiker and doth produce the Stats board for the Brethren, ye shall have a good wind to go home with and not ye Johnie-come-lately Cyclops fellow even though ho can produce in one sentence what CiB takes more than 7 to say such is his windiness, and it was so that the wind did blow to the east, to the promised lands neareth to the Keynes of Milton, to where CiB would travel a score and more miles to shepherd his flock, and to share the evening tea, and to partake of the bathing of the children, and the reading of the bedtime story, and the drinking of the red wine, and the seeing of Doth Ye Prophets Have News For Ye (in HD, which is good), and the wind was good especially unto the first village which CiB did approach at a fantastic velocity, the abacus upon the handlebars indicating nigh on 40 cubits per candle mark, a speed that the lawmakers of the Thames Valley not wisheth us to achieve, but they be park-ed in a layby on the A34 nearer to the spires of Oxford, drinking the tea from their flasks and eating the chips from their newspaper, and CiB verily did motor forgetting even the small hump back bridge that did cause him to gasp upon realising that mistake when that mistake was too close to do much about it, and he did become momentarily airbourne, to shouts of 'forsooth, ye gads', especially upon the landing of the mechancial donkey upon which he doth propel heself around the lanes having traded the ass for a carbon road rocket but 1 year since, and the wind was good, but the flimsy lamp brackets of the Eye of the Cat made of cheap plastic were not good, and the light it did fail where it be most needed unless ye do count the light pointeth straight at the floor as good, and it was not, but ye C of B did continue to motor verily especially through the town of Buckingham near to Tesco with a good wind up his gillet, where the peasants in their stationary chariots do note with displeasure his speed and ability to avoid ye snarl up, and though they do catch and pass him further along the A421 he do still go like ye clappers, nigh on 40 cubits now as the wind does blow well upon him for most of the journey to the homestead, near to where He doth admire this burst of speed, but He doth thinketh to Himself 'this fellow gaineth too much fun for my liking', and does visit upon Cof B a visit from the Angel of the Unscheduled Deflation, whereupon C of B does protesteth to the heavens, offering many blasphemies to the sheep, and the donkeys, and the lo-ing catlle in the next field, and doth smile, for the wind, it was good, and it was his, not that of CycleopsBiker, which was only fair.
  • Dear CiB

I am most pleased that the wind did bloweth in your favour but most put out by the fact that the Angel of the Unscheduled Deflation paid you a visit - I shall be having words with that little tinker later.

yours, amused and smiling
    Cyclopsbiker :lol::lol::lol:
  • Just for the record: CiB is a virgin.

It really does explain a great deal.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Dear MPV,

Thanks for the 1.8 mile tow down London Road, halving my ETA in a brutal headwind.

Forever grateful,

Mr Plum
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Dear Gateshead Council,

Painting white lines and bike symbols on that shoddy, bumpy potholed stretch of tarmac you call Queensway wont get me out of the smooth bit down the middle, please resurface before wasting my tax £s on paint.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Dear everyone else,

Do feel free to try and write a better post than CiB, operative word: 'try'...

Kind regards.

Olivia
  • Dear Ride Home

At least it wasn't raining.

Kind Regards

Mr 2legs
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    Dear Bike,

While I do, of course, feel incredibly guilty for abandoning you in the bike locker at work for 24 hours before dismantling you to take you home in the back of the car, I don't thinking sulking in the shed with a bent mudguard or covering my fingers in oil when I put you back together is an appropriate way of making your feelings known - a puncture or something would have been much more appropriate.

Love,

Waddlie
    Rules are for fools.
  • Dear everyone else,

Kind regards.

Olivia

Dear Olivia,

Going forward from this pre-planning stage, I suspect that actioning your client side request presents a unique challenge to the platform atheistic product vendor, which will require both 180 and 360 degree thinking to deliver appropriate vendor neutral solutions down the delivery pipeline.

Yours,

Ed
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Dear everyone else,

Kind regards.

Olivia

Dear Olivia,

Going forward from this pre-planning stage, I suspect that actioning your client side request presents a unique challenge to the platform atheistic product vendor, which will require both 180 and 360 degree thinking to deliver appropriate vendor neutral solutions down the delivery pipeline.

Yours,

Ed
    Dear Ed,

Bingo, that is all.

Regards,

Jon
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Dear Headwind

In my first 3 days back on the bike, I covered approaching 60 miles in 3 different cities, in all possible directions; you're clearly doing it on purpose, so give me a break!

Love and embellishments

Sam
    MiniLogo-1.jpg

• Dear Oldham Council

You chose to put an entirely unneccesary island in the middle of Hollns Road; thinning it to little more than a car width to pass through at this point; painting 20 feet of cycle lane in the gutter does not magicaly make the road a bit wider here.

yours in physics

SBIB
  • Dear motorists of the Greater Manchester area

Overall I experience more courtesy and patience than selfishness and idiocy

thank you

PS, to the selfish idiots, I've asked Santa for a frame mounted flame thrower
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Dear Millbank WoW,

As you've been working so hard of late, we think its time you took a well-deserved holiday, enjoy your trip and see you in a few weeks,

Kind regards

Millbank Cyclists
  • Dear SCR

the lord of the big ring
    did ride like a rocket
    his heart did sing
    as he span the small sprocket

his joy was short liv-ed
    with weather most foul
    on the road he did skid
    wet leaves on the prow-el

crashing to the ground
    the lord did wonder
    "was my line sound
    was this my blunder?"

sitting upon the Earth
    the Lord in pain
    "is this all worth
    Doing it again?"

The Lord did think
    realising in his crash
    his heart did sink
    and his dreams become ash

but the Lord is a great man
    his heart most true
    He would continue his plan
    He would see this through

So the Lord of the Ring
    did remount his steed
    again his heart did sing
    he set off at speed

but Fate is fickle
    as he did discover
    for the Fairy did tickle
    and he had a puncture

"F*ck this"
    he thought
    "I give up"
    and a taxi he caught.

Yours Kieran
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Dear Kieran

:lol:

respectfully
    hatbeard
    Hat + Beard
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    Dear Caad 5

Pay no heed to her, of course you can live in the new kitchen.

Regards

TWH
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Dear HatBeard

You know what would go well with that beard?

Wishing you a warm head

Sam
    MiniLogo-1.jpg

• hatbeard
    Samwise

thank you for your correspondance dated 05/10/2010, pray tell, What would go well with my beard?

Get well soon
    HB
    Hat + Beard
  • Dear HatBeard

Further to our previous correspondence; a hat.

Cranial cosinesses

Sam
    MiniLogo-1.jpg

• EKE_38BPM

I did pretty much the same and then noticed after weeks of head scratching that it was a single spoke clicking against the wireless sensor coming off the front fork.

Laugh? I nearly brought my own beer.
  • ^^^^

Err...sorry...dunno how to insert quotes.

*gets coat*
  • ^^^^

Err...sorry...dunno how to insert quotes.

*gets coat*

theres a button at the top of each post that says quote, click on it and you're away.

or you can type: {quote} insert text here {/quote}

but use [ ] brackets instead of { } ones
  • Norky
    Norky Posts: 276
    Dear self,
    You are too slow; ride faster.
    Love, I.
    The above is a post in a forum on the Intertubes, and should be taken with the appropriate amount of seriousness.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Dear Pinarello,

Please give me a brand new, range topping bike at least once a year, for free.

Yours in eager anticipation,

IP
  • hatbeard
    Sorry you were out
    Time: 15:55                    Date: 05/10/2010

Item No: 4CMEM0U53TR4PS

Name: DDD
    Address: 123 where you live       Postcode: AW5 0ME

We're looking after your:

[  ] wiggle order

[  ] weekly comic delivery

[  ] dry cleaned star trek uniform

[X] extra large box of mousetraps

Because:

[ ] You were too busy playing STO to answer the door

[X] You were taking a colleague out for dinner to apologise for saying she stinks

Please leave [ 24 ] hours before attempting to collect your item

Items not collected from the Royal Fail depot within 7 days will be returned to sender

Hat + Beard