what do you hate most about Mountain biking?

craig_jackass
craig_jackass Posts: 102
edited November 2010 in MTB general
its got to be Dog S***! new bike first day.... Dog s***, new tyres.... Dog s***.... new riding clothes/shoes guaranteed....more Dog s***... again! and its always hidden under something! u have to then stop and get the old stick out to remove it from the tyre! S*** smells, pick it up!!
jAcKaSs

If in doubt, Foot Out Flat Out

Comments

• piker
    piker Posts: 353
    its got to be Dog S***! new bike first day.... Dog s***, new tyres.... Dog s***.... new riding clothes/shoes guaranteed....more Dog s***... again! and its always hidden under something! u have to then stop and get the old stick out to remove it from the tyre! S*** smells!

+1 and them leads that stretch about 100m round corners.
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    Agreed was putting my bike away last night and stepped in it aaarrrgggghhhh hate it and hate the scum that don't pick it up.
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • dan shard
    dan shard Posts: 722
    its got to be Dog S***! new bike first day.... Dog s***, new tyres.... Dog s***.... new riding clothes/shoes guaranteed....more Dog s***... again! and its always hidden under something! u have to then stop and get the old stick out to remove it from the tyre! S*** smells!

lol. Sounds like youve summed it up quite succinctly there
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    People who slow me up on my local trails :p
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    The way it makes you want to do it when you're in work.

Could put up with dogsh!t as at least it means I'm on my bike but winter/autumn days when the sun is out and I know full well it'll be dark when I leave the office.

So not being on my bike is what I hate most about biking!
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike
  • Steve_F wrote:
    The way it makes you want to do it when you're in work.

Could put up with dogsh!t as at least it means I'm on my bike but winter/autumn days when the sun is out and I know full well it'll be dark when I leave the office.

So not being on my bike is what I hate most about biking!

i agree fully with that! but i cant put up with the dog s*** though! it makes kids go blind :D
    jAcKaSs

• Being on a "route" thats meant for "bikes" and when you fly round the corner or over a brow there is some walker and their dog blocking the way!
    Then you get mutters as you go by.
    Now thats f**king annoying!
  • Hammers
    Hammers Posts: 20
    Broken bones!

(And not being able to ride!)
  • northstar
    northstar Posts: 407
    Horse shit on bridleways etc
    Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.
  • Being on a "route" thats meant for "bikes" and when you fly round the corner or over a brow there is some walker and their dog blocking the way!
    Then you get mutters as you go by.
    Now thats f**king annoying!

i totally hate that, i do have a dog myself folks, and s*** gets bagged and binned! and the dog never get on cycle paths! its the owners i blame not the dogs!

just the other day i had a guy give random verbals after 'his dog' jumped on me, he then blamed the bike! cause its my bikes fault! haha u cant win!
    jAcKaSs

• Steve_F
    Or coming around a blind corner on a fast bit of red route and finding a kid getting back on his bike in the middle of the trail at the bottom of a drop (that he's pushed down). Especially if the dad then has a go at you for not being able to stop in the 15 yards when you could see them. No problem with people pushing down things but FFS get back on the bike where you can see the trail and it's safe.

Stupid ****ers!

Or people that give you attitude when you point out they are doing something that puts them in danger:

Me 'if your son tries to get on his bike there someone will clatter him when they come round that corner, you were very lucky I managed to stop'

Stupid dad 'we'll see'

We'll see????? What if I'd been right? There were some seriously fast riders out that day who would have come round that corner quicker than me. Wonder what his attitude would've been if his kid got hit, other riders fault I'd bet.

Sorry - it was almost a week ago and still gets me in a rage!!!!!
  • Steve_F wrote:
    Or coming around a blind corner on a fast bit of red route and finding a kid getting back on his bike in the middle of the trail at the bottom of a drop (that he's pushed down). Especially if the dad then has a go at you for not being able to stop in the 15 yards when you could see them. No problem with people pushing down things but FFS get back on the bike where you can see the trail and it's safe.

Stupid ****ers!

Or people that give you attitude when you point out they are doing something that puts them in danger:

Me 'if your son tries to get on his bike there someone will clatter him when they come round that corner, you were very lucky I managed to stop'

Stupid dad 'we'll see'

We'll see????? What if I'd been right? There were some seriously fast riders out that day who would have come round that corner quicker than me. Wonder what his attitude would've been if his kid got hit, other riders fault I'd bet.

Sorry - it was almost a week ago and still gets me in a rage!!!!!

totally acceptable to have a rant about that 1! :D
    jAcKaSs

• LjStronge
    LjStronge Posts: 287
    Crashing - but mainly the loss of confidence that comes over me after.

Crashing isn't too bad because it at least shows me where my limit is or that I was doing something worng, but losing confidence is a killer.

There is nothing worse than having a big off and then the rest of the ride you second guess everything and over think even the smallest things.

All in the head too!
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp 2009.
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    The fact I have to work cant ride every day!
  • Dogs in general.. and the owners that are occasionally more stupid that the dogs.. when they see a bike, they chase the dog, of course the dog is going to run, if she was chasing me I would run!!..
  • tommor
    tommor Posts: 17
    Arrogant bastard talking loadly about how good they and there and how much there bike cost's.... You then follow them onto the trail and see them crash on the first corner :roll:
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    PUNCTURES. AAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Oh and gear skipping. Hasnt happened for a while but holy sh*t when it starts happening I just want to leave it where it is and run home screaming.
  • Stoo61 wrote:

Oh and gear skipping. Hasnt happened for a while but holy sh*t when it starts happening I just want to leave it where it is and run home screaming.

ahhh a good old dunfy man! ive had the voodoo converted to single speed for a few weeks, but just recently put her back to full gears .. i have to admit i hate gear skipping! good shout...
    jAcKaSs

• Stoo61
    Stoo61 wrote:

ahhh a good old dunfy man! ive had the voodoo converted to single speed for a few weeks, but just recently put her back to full gears .. i have to admit i hate gear skipping! good shout...

Ah awrite my good man. 8) Well my bike i set up almost perfectly so its not so much an issue anymore.

Ok another thing....knowing no one in Dunfermline who bothers riding locally. :lol:
  • Stoo61 wrote:
    Stoo61 wrote:

Ah awrite my good man. 8) Well my bike i set up almost perfectly so its not so much an issue anymore.

Ok another thing....knowing no one in Dunfermline who bothers riding locally. :lol:

i ride local, sometimes...not much to ride here though, no trails etc, but i dont see many riding around here likes! :(
    jAcKaSs

• Stoo61
    Stoo61 wrote:
    Stoo61 wrote:

i ride local, sometimes...not much to ride here though, no trails etc, but i dont see many riding around here likes! :(

Ive worked out a wee 15 mile route that stays off road most of the time, not much flowing single track of course but at least its not a road ride.

Having said that, I ride a roadie too and enjoy it. :roll:
  • Stoo61 wrote:
    Stoo61 wrote:
    Stoo61 wrote:

Ive worked out a wee 15 mile route that stays off road most of the time, not much flowing single track of course but at least its not a road ride.

Having said that, I ride a roadie too and enjoy it. :roll:

thats not bad getting 15miles off off-road around these parts! ive made a few little trails over the years but nothing special, good for the hour blast or so! mite see u around, look out for a blue voodoo!
    jAcKaSs

• joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Hate?! MTB?! LOL.

I dont hate anything about mtb, there are some things I'm not a massive fan of, really wet bum on long rides always annoys me, and I don't like trails that look or sound so good, but just ride crap, or have no flow... esp if its a purpose built jobbie.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Zaim
    Zaim Posts: 28
    There's nothing I hate about mountain biking. I only hate loading the car up and driving to the trails, then loading up and going home and cleaning the bike.

Some rides I spend more time doing the above than riding the trails.
    Boardman Hybrid Pro - FCN 7
    Ibis Mojo SL
    Orange P7 Pro Singlespeed
    Klein Pulse Race
  • Light manufacturers with their 'Why pay £50 for a bloody good light when you can spend £500 for the near as damn it same thing' attitude.

And Halfords and their half price bikes bank holiday bollox.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    probably the fact I can't spend as much time or money riding as I'd like.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Steve_F
    Zaim wrote:
    There's nothing I hate about mountain biking. I only hate loading the car up and driving to the trails, then loading up and going home and cleaning the bike.

Some rides I spend more time doing the above than riding the trails.

Driving to the trails is another part of my weekend enjoyment, out on the country roads, out of the city. Awesome. Especially when taking the alternative, interesting, road home. All part of the enjoyment for me.

And I'm actually enjoying the cleaning/fixing of bikes at the moment. A lot of night through the week I find myself walking into my spare room and messing with this and that.

In fact I think I'll clean my mtb tonight to get it ready for Sunday! Don't enjoy the fact that I have to put the mudguards on the roadie though :-(
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    i really dont enjoy......mech hangers. booooo to mech hangers.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    When some tit in front of me stalls on a climb because he stuffed up his gear selection, and I can't get round him so stall as well......................
    Don't think, BE:
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    oh there are so many things that pi55 me off its unreal, walkers on purpose built trails, dog sh!t, know it alls etc, but i find the worse thing is having to wash the bike in the freezing depths of winter, hate it, i need a slave to do it for me :lol: