Commonwealth Games TT

hammerite
hammerite Posts: 3,408
edited October 2010 in Pro race
I didn't think I'd be too bothered about the Commonwealth Games, but I quite enjoyed yesterdays race.

Regardless of the result and other countries riders involved, it'll be interesting to see who does the best between Millar, Dowsett, Froome and Hutch. Especially with Froome and Hutch being fresh after not racing yesterday.

Dunno what the course is like - is it the same as the road race route? If so flat and twisty, but otherwise at 40k it's pretty much a 25.

Comments

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Will be interesting to see how far behind a continenetal pro Hutch is over the sort of course he does week in week out. Don't know the start list but Millar should win with Hutch top 10.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I think Tuft is in with a shout.

I
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Agree about Tuft. Wasn't sure about the other countries, as I didn't know whether Australia or NZ would wheel out there version of Hutch (if such a person exists!).

Hutch tweeted this earlier
    David Millar passed me out on the course today looking like he was really shifting. Over 400w to hold station 50m behind him.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Gordon McCauley may have done well, I think he is NZ's National Champ but I think he must have shot his bolt on Sunday.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Depending on how he has recovered from his efforts in the past week (bronze in the team pursuit, 5th in the road race), David McCann might be worth watching out for too - British 25 mile TT record holder, 5th in the CG TT the last time around and 11th against Chinny in the 2009 Worlds.
    I think he'll be bollixed, though.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • gethmetal
    gethmetal Posts: 208
    Could anyone tell me when this is on please? I can't get any sense from my teletext...
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Dowsett is tipping NZ's Jesse Sergent.
  • Jeriko
    Jeriko Posts: 14
    gethmetal wrote:
    Could anyone tell me when this is on please? I can't get any sense from my teletext...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/commonwealth_games/delhi_2010/bbc_coverage/9040395.stm
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    why cant i watch this on line! bloody bbc.

edit: because i am a tw8t. now working!
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Hutch 31 sec up at the turn.....

The officials made a nice job of creating a 3 car traffic jam for Hutch to negotiate!

Millar looks like he's flying too
  • Tom BB
    Dowsett 28 secs faster than Hutch!

Absolutely awful course!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    That course is boring but bloody fast!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    In the ladies Julia Shaw got bronze, sounds a good result for a domestic tester.

Does anyone know if Emma Pooley was ill/knacked (in 9th)?
  • Tom BB
    Millar 3 secs up on Dowsett....he's using a camelbak rather than bottles which I haven't seen a pro do before...

Apparently Cav is driving the IOM team car too! :shock:
  • inkyfingers
    Pooley has been suffering with illness apparently which along with the fact that this course doesn't suit her that well makes her result (9th) pretty respectable.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Tom BB
    Durbridge realli is taking the pee with all the tows he is picking up.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Tom BB wrote:
    The officials made a nice job of creating a 3 car traffic jam for Hutch to negotiate!
    Tom BB wrote:
    Apparently Cav is driving the IOM team car too! :shock:

Maybe these two posts are connected
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Tom BB wrote:
    Millar 3 secs up on Dowsett....he's using a camelbak rather than bottles which I haven't seen a pro do before...

Tyler Hamilton at the 2004 Olympics TT :shock:
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Tom BB
    DaveyL wrote:
    Tom BB wrote:

Tyler Hamilton at the 2004 Olympics TT :shock:

Ah....wasn't watching cycling then....although I am aware of Hamiltons 'dubious' past!
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Hope Millar doesn't end up towing Durbridge to Silver

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • inkyfingers
    Dowsett has a hell of a race face!
  • Tom BB
    Wow-Dowsett 1:19 ahead of Hutchinson at the finish

Millar and Durbridge left to finish.....
  • inkyfingers
    Millar takes gold!
  • Tom BB
    Everyones favourite doper takes the win, Dowsett second 54 secs down-Burbridge bronze
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Hutch 4th, Impressed.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Rounds off a good season for Millar - what's he got - 3 days of DePanne (?), worlds TT silver, commonwealth gold and bronze, sure he's had some other results this year too.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    Tom BB wrote:
    Everyones favourite doper takes the win, Dowsett second 54 secs down-Burbridge bronze

are you suggesting he is still on the juice?
  • inkyfingers
    Rounds off a good season for Millar - what's he got - 3 days of DePanne (?), worlds TT silver, commonwealth gold and bronze, sure he's had some other results this year too.

Won the TT in the Crit intl, 3rd in TDF prologue, 2nd in Dauphine TT.

Great year for him, best since his ban.
  • Tom BB
    camerone wrote:
    Tom BB wrote:

are you suggesting he is still on the juice?

Nope, pretty convinced he's clean, or towards the cleaner end of the spectrum.......but in a few years time if Bertie has served a ban, come back as a champion of clean riding and wins another TdF, will everyone speak as highly of him as of Millar?