Commonwealth Mens Road Race

124»

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    He was cleared because there was no blood bag with a stupid codename on it. However there were copious notes with his name on them and annotated with doping products.

For example "document 23" in the police folder is a special note headed "Allan Davis" which goes on to mention EPO, growth hormone and IGF-1, aka insulin growth factor 1.

Just because a rider didn't have some of their blood in the fridge does not mean they were riding clean.
  • cav was immortal today. he really is proud of where he comes from. something everyone should admire. today he buried himself

the kennaughs should be dissappointed with themselves...IOM would have had a gold medal if they'd supported cav
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • Five pages of posts and I can't believe that there has been no mention of the fantastic ride by David McCann.
  • Yes indeed . A top quality ride by Mc Cann today . He finished the Worlds RR in a very respectable placing too. (68th) He was keeping some fantastic company today too , doesnt normally get to race with the big guns.
    Did he get a top ten placing in the Worlds TT last season?

Spends most of the year riding in Asia I think. Seen his name pop up a few times in stage races , from Thailand in Feb, Usually does well in the Japan tours and heads to the Hearld Suntour in Oct? . Not too bad for a 37 yr old . Remember reading somewhere than he rode across America twice , just for the pure fun of it.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I'd like Graham Hatcher and Tom Black of the Isle of Man to get a mention on this thread as well. They are just amateur riders who hold down regular jobs. Both of them worked themselves into the ground at separate times to keep the 5 man break pegged as much as they could.

Good ride by McCauley of NZ as well.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Just to add my voice to those commenting on Cav's great effort.

Good to see Millar get a medal and a brilliant ride from McCann.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I'd like Graham Hatcher and Tom Black of the Isle of Man to get a mention on this thread as well. They are just amateur riders who hold down regular jobs. Both of them worked themselves into the ground at separate times to keep the 5 man break pegged as much as they could.

Good ride by McCauley of NZ as well.

Agreed especially when you see some of the riders who are full time who just couldn't cope with it.
  • Cav could have not gone to the games and raced P-T. props for him reprsenting Manx. I think he did really well. great race to watch. great action after lap 6.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Yes indeed . A top quality ride by Mc Cann today . He finished the Worlds RR in a very respectable placing too. (68th) He was keeping some fantastic company today too , doesnt normally get to race with the big guns.
    Did he get a top ten placing in the Worlds TT last season?

Spends most of the year riding in Asia I think. Seen his name pop up a few times in stage races , from Thailand in Feb, Usually does well in the Japan tours and heads to the Hearld Suntour in Oct? . Not too bad for a 37 yr old . Remember reading somewhere than he rode across America twice , just for the pure fun of it.
    yes great ride, he did most of race off the front then stayed with the chasers when caught and even worked!!
    Think he got 4t in world TT before and ridea for Giant Asia.
    Glad Luke rode well, last year he won Amstell U23 race and came 11th in U23 worlds this year, great rider and one for Sky very soon. Did well to help Cav back on and also did well to last as long in such company.
    Been out on couple of rides with him and his brother, another quality rider and both very easy going and nice kids and credit to Wales :D
    Maybe wrong thread but think Becky KAmes came of age against Anna Mears.
    Looks like the velodrome paying off now producing quality riders for Wales :D More to follow.
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    Five pages of posts and I can't believe that there has been no mention of the fantastic ride by David McCann.
    Try page 4 :wink:
    hammerite wrote:
    Bloody Australians, take the Commonwealths too seriously!

Good effort by Millar, Cav and especially McCann.

But, yes, there were some bloody good individual rides today....
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    Glad Luke rode well, last year he won Amstell U23 race and came 11th in U23 worlds this year, great rider and one for Sky very soon. Did well to help Cav back on and also did well to last as long in such company.
    Been out on couple of rides with him and his brother, another quality rider and both very easy going and nice kids and credit to Wales :D
    Looks like the velodrome paying off now producing quality riders for Wales :D More to follow.

Slightly off topic, but on the BBC coverage today they asked Colin Jackson if anything remained from the 1958 Games in Cardiff, and he said "just some shabby velodrome in Maindy".

I thought "Hang on a minute, it may not be Manchester, but Maindy Flyers have produced Geraint Thomas, Nicole Cooke and now Luke Rowe". I hope someone pointed that out to him.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    RichN95 wrote:

Slightly off topic, but on the BBC coverage today they asked Colin Jackson if anything remained from the 1958 Games in Cardiff, and he said "just some shabby velodrome in Maindy".

I thought "Hang on a minute, it may not be Manchester, but Maindy Flyers have produced Geraint Thomas, Nicole Cooke and now Luke Rowe". I hope someone pointed that out to him.
    And me :lol:
  • Bloody Australians, take the Commonwealths too seriously!
    :lol:
    Pot? Kettle? Black?

It was a bit like a British Premier Claendar race in the way that the big fish decided to ride away from the peloton and bridge across to the early breakaways.