Commonwealth Mens Road Race

Comments

• JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Millar needs a big effort and then TT to the finish, they will not catch him.
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Davis has jumped across....Millar goes!!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • JesseD
    Go on MILLAR
  • GO MILLAR!
  • inkyfingers
    Millar can't get away though.

Cav has sat up, he really did try hard for the win today so deserves some credit.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • SecretSqirrel
    what happened to th U in squirrel?
  • thinbo
    thinbo Posts: 93
    Bloody Aussies
    CUBE Agree GTC Pro '10
    Giant Defy 2 '09
  • inkyfingers
    Davis
    Roulston
    Millar

Really good last hour of the race.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Bloody Australians, take the Commonwealths too seriously!

Good effort by Millar, Cav and especially McCann.
  • JesseD
    Well done Millar
  • SecretSqirrel
    what happened to th U in squrrel?

No 'I' in team, no 'U' in Sqirrel.

It is a typo :oops: that I decided to live with.
    if I were U, I would be Dancing Beer :wink:
  • inkyfingers
    Millar can hopefully take his revenge in the TT if he hasn't cooked himself today.

Enjoyed that.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    And well done Davis to bridge gap - 4th comm games rr win in a row by the Aussies.
  • SpaceJunk
    Anyone but Allan Davis please!!

Why's that?
  • That was a most enjoyable race. Very good!
  • StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    Excellent race
  • Well done Millar.

By the way, do you think Race Face are paying Hugh for each time he uses that expression?
  • SpaceJunk wrote:

Why's that?

He's a doper. Gutsy ride though.
    Summer - Colnago C40
    Race - Wilier Alpe D'Huez
    Winter/Commuter - Specialized Tricross
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk wrote:

Why's that?

Evidence please - he was one of the first riders cleared of wrong doing in OP.

So it's alright for Millar to win instead?

Toss.
  • SpaceJunk wrote:
    SpaceJunk wrote:

Why's that?

Evidence please.

Toss.

Millar is at least repentant!

Davis was involved in Puerto, although he was officially cleared, he has kept pretty dubious company throughout his career. I'm not saying he's in anyway unusual for a pro cyclist, but generally Aussie riders are clean(er) and I can't believe he is.
    Summer - Colnago C40
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    Davis was involved in Puerto, although he was officially cleared, he has kept pretty dubious company throughout his career. I'm not saying he's in anyway unusual for a pro cyclist, but generally Aussie riders are clean(er) and I can't believe he is.

Davis actually had lawyers trying (unsuccessfully) to force the Spanish authorities to test his DNA against the blood bags, to clear his name.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    SpaceJunk wrote:

Why's that?

Evidence please.

Toss.

Millar is at least repentant!

So just to clarify - you think that Davis is a doper, not that you have evidence to suggest otherwise.

I wonder how your comments would stand up in a court of law if Davis could be bothered to take you to court for libel.
  • SpaceJunk
    Anyway, back to the race itself.

Amazing really. The most uninspiring parcours I can recall. A smaller crowd than the one that greeted riders in Beijing, and yet a great climax.

Hats off to all. Impressed with Cav, isolated (you don't get to see that too often when he's with HTC), yet kept digging deep.
  • SpaceJunk wrote:
    So just to clarify - you think that Davis is a doper, not that you have evidence to suggest otherwise.

If you follow cycling you have to form your own opinions. I really hope he's clean but the teams he has been on, and the company he's kept, mean I'm sceptical.

Great ride from him. Brilliant to get back on.

Jack Bauer deserves a mention - good to see someone from the domestic scene riding so well, must be more to come from him.

I think all the riders did well to make a race out of that parcours - surprisingly good viewing!

Right, I'm off out on the bike, it might be the last chance to get out in the sun!
    Summer - Colnago C40
  • jack bauer on the gear, why else would he not be riding pro conti or at least for a better conti team in europe?
  • jack bauer on the gear, why else would he not be riding pro conti or at least for a better conti team in europe?

Cos he's busy saving the world from terrorists!
    Summer - Colnago C40
  • JesseD
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    Anyway, back to the race itself.

Amazing really. The most uninspiring parcours I can recall. A smaller crowd than the one that greeted riders in Beijing, and yet a great climax.

Hats off to all. Impressed with Cav, isolated (you don't get to see that too often when he's with HTC), yet kept digging deep.

I totally agree, I have never been a Cav fan, but he got my respect today for a gutsy performance, he got worked over by, well everyone really, and it took them till the last couple of km's before he cracked.He's still a gobshite though, but he's a hell of a competitor.

Chapeau to Millar though, bronze with no team mates to speak of is a great performance, I hope he hasn't overcooked it for the TT now, I would love to see him clinch gold.

Luke Rowe is one to watch for the future, he impressed me today, and he's only a young lad, it looked a hard race, 42 degrees and racing hard would have killed me!!

Great race, really enjoyed it! (well not the first 2 hours)
  • It will be this kind of race that will make Cav into a better rider. If he wants to win Paris-Roubaix and Ghent Wevelgem one day, he'll have to start learning to race like this. Even for the World Champs in Copenhagen he may have to make the race himself, especially if GB have a weak team
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    SpaceJunk wrote:

Evidence please - he was one of the first riders cleared of wrong doing in OP.

Him and Bert, wasn't it? :lol:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    just watched this on sky+
    dull course made exciting by the aussies and kiwis who made it a tough race.
    I am a self confessed Cavendish fan and thought he was terrific today, really dug deep. suffered from no team in the last laps though, was always struggling against the kiwis and aussies who just wanted rid of him.
    aussies rode a good race, and i dont like him but good effort ny Davis to bridge on the last lap.
    really enjoyed the race and wasnt expecting much to be honest.