Just had eggs thrown at me whilst out riding

13»

Comments

• Ask for a print from the CCTV footage...you can keep it in your albumen.
  • jj1048
    jj1048 Posts: 107
    I got hit in the butt buy an egg lobbed from a chaved up renault clio, thought at first that the wing mirror hit me, wasn't until I went for my water bottle and found it covered in yolk that I realised what happened. Didn't think of phoning the police, but went and rode around all the chav estates looking for the car as it was pretty distinctive, with the plan of deploying a few drops of DOT 5.1 over the bonnet. Fortunately didn't find it though!
  • Ei will let you have these thoroughly tasteless puns
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • jj1048 wrote:
    I got hit in the butt buy an egg lobbed from a chaved up renault clio, thought at first that the wing mirror hit me, wasn't until I went for my water bottle and found it covered in yolk that I realised what happened. Didn't think of phoning the police, but went and rode around all the chav estates looking for the car as it was pretty distinctive, with the plan of deploying a few drops of DOT 5.1 over the bonnet. Fortunately didn't find it though!

Oddly enough - one of the 'best' things to use is in fact an egg. Crack one open on the paintwork and by the morning it'll be through the clear lacquer and on the way through some of the colour paint.

As an ironic weapon choice, it's hard to (ahem) beat.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • SamWise72 wrote:
    It strikes me that those who are naysaying might never have been hit in the head with anything whilst really flying. It's not a nice experience, disorientating, and likely to cause a fall, and hence possibly a death. If they were dropping things on cars from a motorway bridge, you'd take it seriously.

Sam, I'm probably one of those people who appear not to be taking it seriously. And though I haven't taken a recent hit, this is more because yer average chav passenger is absolutely useless at throwing things with any accuracy. I have had a very close miss while travelling at just over 30mph and I was acutely aware that a direct hit could have caused me some serious injuries - not from the can but from the aftermath.

And yet I still join in with the pun-fest because I'm one of those ''you have to laugh or else you'll cry'' people. Humour is a defence against adversity. But my apologies if you find it insensitive.

No, it wasn't the puns that bothered me, I'm all for laughing at adversity and they appealed to my puerile sense of humour. It was the people suggesting that the OP was wasting police time and taxpayers money, and that he was a crybaby. It's perfectly possible to cause someone's death indirectly with an egg, and I'd even say that given time, it's inevitable. What's worse is that as soon as it's acceptable to do that, the same muppets will think how much more hilarious it would be with a full can of coke, for instance. This stuff is much more common in America, which is a downright dangerous place to cycle compared to here, and I am very much against letting the UK slide that way.
    MiniLogo-1.jpg
    http://www.velochocolate.co.uk Special Treats for Lifestyle Cyclists

From FCN from 8 (road bike, beard, bag, work clothes) to 15 (on my Brompton)
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    SamWise72 wrote:
    It's perfectly possible to cause someone's death indirectly with an egg, and I'd even say that given time, it's inevitable

Weapon of Mass Desclucktion?
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • The OP was right to call 999. This is a serious incident, and if we don't take a stand then it gives the criminals free range to do it again.
  • I really must give a standing ovulation to all these cracking puns.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • I wonder whether we can keep this up till Fried-day.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Ask for a print from the CCTV footage...you can keep it in your albumen.

chapeau!
  • The OP was right to call 999. This is a serious incident, and if we don't take a stand then it gives the criminals free range to do it again.

They'll roe the day they messed with him.
  • PBo
    The OP was right to call 999. This is a serious incident, and if we don't take a stand then it gives the criminals free range to do it again.

They'll roe the day they messed with him.

I'm not sure I can advocaat calling 999 in all cases though......
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Will be interesting to see what the police do.

Wonder if they do it often, or was it just a eggsperiment.
  • d.n.f
    d.n.f Posts: 61
    just put it down to bad luck..., and try to look on the sunny side.
  • RichardSwt wrote:

Perhaps they could lay a trap for them....
  • They've been caught following an identity parade of the local chav scooter brigade.

Apparently iit was the whites of their eyes that made them easy to spot
  • PBo
    RichardSwt wrote:

Perhaps they could lay a trap for them....

something needs to be done to combat these spawn of satan......

or we will all be be-devilled by them!

(double yolker for you)
  • In Glasgow they just whisk these neds away, or am ah wrang?
  • I'm still wondering if he had to shell out for a new jacket
  • emerywd
    emerywd Posts: 52
    edited September 2010
    It's vitelline we don't pander to any soft centred yolkers and remain hard boiled without cracking, soldiering on until these chalazas are off our streets.

I'll get me coat[/b]
  • Sorry, that was poor. I need to recharge my batteries
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    We must put a hen to all these puns, they are eggscrutiating.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Yup, it would have been better to ovoid some of these puns
  • PBo
    emerywd wrote:
    Sorry, that was poor. I need to recharge my batteries

jesus man, you post 20 times in 3 years and then jump in with a triple effort on bad egg puns???

that's made me smile, don't know why...... :)

vitelline was impressive though.....
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I agree with the point that calling 999 was the wrong thing to do.

Calling all King's horses and all the King's men might have been more appropriate. ;)