Cool I learnt something new.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    cooldad wrote:
    Sorry didn't see this was a serious forum.
    You don't have a good serious forum in you
  • Anonymous
    jairaj wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Gotta love the internet, maybe you guys should all meet up one day and have a cuddle...

fixed it for you :wink:
    Now THAT would be funny. Find out where he rides, then follow him right on his back wheel, skidding at every opportunity. As soon as he stops to let you pass, give him a big hug.
    Then repeat until he goes mental :lol:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Was coming down The Wall and met up with a rather fetching young lady walking up with a huge dog shaped object.
    I smiled and said hello. Didn't even ride over her.
    She was cute.
    And her dog was really scary.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    I'd like a go on her.
  • cooldad
    jairaj wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Gotta love the internet, maybe you guys should all meet up one day and have a cuddle...

fixed it for you :wink:
    Now THAT would be funny. Find out where he rides, then follow him right on his back wheel, skidding at every opportunity. As soon as he stops to let you pass, give him a big hug.
    Then repeat until he goes mental :lol:
    Death by Bubba
    sailor_bubba.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    on a serious note, is the original issue really that bad?

I've been behind some people before for them to kindly move out the way without notice when I would have been happy to just sit behind them. Communication can be a bit hard when you're hucking away on the bike.

If its not convenient for you to stop then don't and let them politely ask to get by if they want to. If there is a good spot to let them past then do it, what's the harm? unless they are stopping on the middle on the trail i don't really see any problem,
  • cooldad
    I'd like a go on her.

This is one of those rare occasions when you are 100% correct. She was hot in a Welshy, rough and ready way. Almost sheeplike.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    cooldad wrote:
    I'd like a go on her.

This is one of those rare occasions when you are 100% correct. She was hot in a Welshy, rough and ready way. Almost sheeplike.

are you sure it wasn't a sheep with lipstick? I've been caught out by that once or twice or ...
  • This time last year I was crawling up Glentress trying to sweat out a hangover, when XC whippet raced up to my back wheel. "On you go chief" says I giving him room, "not at all that's me spent" he says glued to my rear, before giving me a running commentary on the many shortcomings of my riding technique, together with his remedial hints and tips!

If you don't laugh you'll cry.
  • Anonymous
    jairaj wrote:
    I've been behind some people before for them to kindly move out the way without notice when I would have been happy to just sit behind them. Communication can be a bit hard when you're hucking away on the bike.
    ^^Precisely that.
    cooldad wrote:
    She was hot in a Welshy, rough and ready way. Almost sheeplike.
    Oh dear god NO. I do NOT want a go on Sheeps. No offence to the guy, he's very funny, a top bloke, but just... NO :shock:
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    Back to the OP...

You need to learn to become more Zen-like on the trails.
    Don't allow the little annoyances to diminish the pleasure of a ride.
  • cooldad
    jairaj wrote:
    ^^Precisely that.
    cooldad wrote:
    She was hot in a Welshy, rough and ready way. Almost sheeplike.
    Oh dear god NO. I do NOT want a go on Sheeps. No offence to the guy, he's very funny, a top bloke, but just... NO :shock:

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."...
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    But on the positve side, Sheeps will pay you before he twists your head etc
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Iain C
    Iain C Posts: 464
    shm_uk wrote:
    Back to the OP...

You need to learn to become more Zen-like on the trails.
    Don't allow the little annoyances to diminish the pleasure of a ride.

Nah, you're probably right. No issues at all with people overtaking, it's just when they do that and stop 10 seconds later. I shall in future hold my bars from underneath with thumb and index finger touching! :wink:
  • Did you let them through with out them asking Ian? :p Cos then it's your fault hehe
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Gotta love the internet, maybe you guys should all meet up one day and have a scrap...
    Sounds like fun. I particularly like how you're threatening by proxy.

I don't want to get envolved in this downhill run cuddlefest! Leave me out of it, unless it's the hug in a mug cuppasoup thing, that'd be quite welcome on the trails :lol:
  • Anonymous
    The hug in a mug thing would be awesome after a wet, cold, winter ride. That's the massive hairy ball, with huge arms, right?
  • Paul 8v
    That's the one, according to the advert it frequents ski slopes though..
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    are we back on sheep???????
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    I'm actually going to agree with yeehaa (albeit without the name calling), for all they know, you may have been pulling over for a rest... communication on the trail is difficult. If you don't like it, then don't ride busy trail centres, i mean does it REALLY annoy you that much?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Paul 8v
    mak3m wrote:
    are we back on sheep???????

Well it's a hairy blue thing, so it could count as a trail muppet to be fair.
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    ilovedirt wrote:
    I'm actually going to agree with yeehaa (albeit without the name calling), for all they know, you may have been pulling over for a rest... communication on the trail is difficult. If you don't like it, then don't ride busy trail centres, i mean does it REALLY annoy you that much?

agreed , there's plenty of british countryside to ride around in if you want peace / space away from the trail centre oiks.
    :wink:
  • Wish I had my old saracen, great when people pull over for you and they must get that sinking feeling........now i gotta watch out for them saracen riders myself damnit :lol:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    In the spirit of the OP - I must apologise to the girl I passsed on the penultimate bit of the Marin last Sunday. You were goign pretty slowly (keep at it, spee is your friend) an I was not only on for setting a new PB but smashing my old PB by 10 mins! Hope no offence was caused!

I would also like to ask when an internbet forum is NOT like a primary school playground?! I ve never found one, its one of my ways of clinging on to youth (see elsewhere)!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Anonymous
    ilovedirt wrote:
    I'm actually going to agree with yeehaa (albeit without the name calling
    Oh really? Care to check out the second post in this thread again? The post that started the big argument has mysteriously vanished, and remains only as a quote.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Oh really? Care to check out the second post in this thread again? The post that started the big argument has mysteriously vanished, and remains only as a quote.
    I'm confused?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Anonymous
    you're not the only one.
  • john74
    john74 Posts: 254
    ilovedirt wrote:

the second post was me. i deleted it after i had a couple of mins to think about what i had put, i didnt want this thread turning into another slanging match. ok so i will put my hand up and say the argueing was my fault. :oops:
    2010 Forme Reve
    2010 Giant Talon 1
  • Can we get back to sheep. vI was doing the Dragon ride last year on a roadie and on the last decent one ran out in front of me causing a very interesting collision. I was hospitalised and it just walked off.

If you are going to have a go on one be ready for a rough ride.