TOB Stage 3 *****Spoiler****

13»

Comments

• If Sky were really targetting the race EBH would be there rather than in Canada
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    amaferanga wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:
    Bronzie wrote:
    amaferanga wrote:
    Tom BB wrote:
    Just looking through todays results, and Dan Fleeman of Raleigh was in 84th place 13 mins down.....would have thought today was right up his street. Been a pretty poor year for both Dan, and the team in general which is a shame.

For a guy with an FTP of 6.43 W/kg he's not doing at all well....
    Is that figure from a reliable source?

That's odd. I'm sure it was 6.2 when I first read. Inflation?

Based on the comments by Hunter Allen on the Wattage forum.

It was 6.2 at first cos I did it from memory then corrected it :oops:

He's apparently got an FTP of 405 Watts and weighs around 63kg.

He was DNF yesterday...

Some stats and figures here: (they mean nothing to me :oops: )
    http://home.trainingpeaks.com/races/201 ... lysis.aspx
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,221
    Kléber wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    I assume Tony Martin is crap as he lost a minute in the last km after burying himself for Albasini
    Albasini can climb, he is a versatile rider. So having Martin pull hard was a good idea. Using up Wiggo and Thomas in support of flatlander Henderson was not exactly Guimard-esque.

I agree completely on the sense of it. My point is that FF commented on Wiggo being crap as he lost time having done the pointless turn on the front so presumably Martin must also be crap as he lost a similar amount in a similar distance after doing a long turn himself.
  • Whilst Sky's tactic have been pretty crap at least we've seen Wiggins racing in the TOB, getting into breaks, riding hard for his teamate. I'd much rather see him doing that than see him soft pedalling around the the peloton like he has for most of the season.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)