Where are Canyon and Focus made?

1235»

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Can't really see the point, given that in most cases the answer will be either China or Taiwan.
  • Rixter
    Rixter Posts: 16
    Can't really see the point, given that in most cases the answer will be either China or Taiwan.

One of the big challenges, in any industry, is online shopping. It seems the only differentiator has become price. Perhaps if people also know country of origin, it would help them be able to make a more informed decision. I was at the supper market the other day looking for honey and came across a bottle of what looked totally natural and 'normal' honey. Flipped to the back only to find "A blend of Chinese and Canadian honey". Who's ever heard of Chinese honey??? I'm not getting within 10 feet of that!

Same holds true for bikes (and other stuff). So many products sound like their made by European or North American manufacturers, only to find that they're not. Who knew American Classic Wheels are all from Taiwan? That's absolute crap!
  • imposter2.0
    Flipped to the back only to find "A blend of Chinese and Canadian honey". Who's ever heard of Chinese honey??? I'm not getting within 10 feet of that!

Why not? It might be good. Unless you have some pathological fear of goods that do not originate in your own country.
  • Rixter
    Why not? It might be good. Unless you have some pathological fear of goods that do not originate in your own country.

I do have a pathological fear of ingesting anything from China
  • imposter2.0
    Xenophobia moves in mysterious ways...
  • Rixter

I have nothing against the Chinese, especially since I am one (born there even), but eating stuff from places with poor track record of health considerations, human rights, etc, etc goes against my standards.

Anyways, regardless of what I eat or don't, having transparency of product origin can't be a bad thing. What are companies trying to hide?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675

I have nothing against the Chinese, especially since I am one (born there even), but eating stuff from places with poor track record of health considerations, human rights, etc, etc goes against my standards.

Anyways, regardless of what I eat or don't, having transparency of product origin can't be a bad thing. What are companies trying to hide?
    Blood at Yeti. Metal cut in the Far East. Pre welded on the Far East jigs. Shipped to Colorado for final weld and paint. I guess there is some heat treatment done as well but who knows. And the paint them in the yellow and blue and say made in the USA.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown