Chain Reaction Bikes

13»

Comments

• dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Here's what I'd expect.

Bike delivered with some small problem (missing wheel say) = wheel dispatched py priority courier and £30 voucher

Bike delivered with (foreseeable) major flaw which required it to be returned = Another bike dispatched by priority courier and £50 voucher

Bike delivered in pieces (with some parts missing), then retailer denies there is a problem and gives me the run around = New built bike dispatched by priority courier, old bike collected (no admin for me at all) and £200 voucher.

The bit that sticks in my throat is the refusal to accept there was a problem in the first place, that's why I'd like to get CRCs view on it.

If it happened to me, I'd be tempted to tell them to collect the bike and i'll go elsewhere. I can forgive errors, they happen all the time, but to try and deny they made a mistake is pretty much unforgiveable.
  • zanes
    zanes Posts: 563
    So for sending an unbuilt bike (ie. a box of bits) that is missing some parts instead of a fully built up complete bike they give you a £30 voucher that will probably mostly get eaten up buying parts to complete the box of bits? Unbelievable.

I'd be checking that all the parts sent in the box match the advertised bike specifications totally to make sure a few inferior components haven't "accidentally" got mixed in. Well, actually if it was me and they said what they have said to you I'd be sending the box straight back at their expense, getting a refund (chargeback/paypal dispute if needs be) and taking my custom elsewhere.

Fair play if this had happened and the OP had contacted CRC and been met with "Yes, sorry, there was a mistake here and we'll see you right (replacement bike, voucher, discount, whatever)" but to have been told basically "it's not our problem" is garbage. I really think that's a cornerstone of customer service: If you make a mistake, be honest, say sorry and work to fix it. I might still be p*ssed off, but I'll be a lot crosser if you try and give me the run around
  • Got to laugh for sake of one customer I wonder how many thousands of pounds and customers they have lost?

Muppets. :roll:

Ah well see them in the Job Centre. lol.
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)