Armstrong to blame for his cancer?

124»

Comments

• Deegs
    Deegs Posts: 74
    dmclite wrote:
    Whooo ees theess Arrmstrong ? He eeesss Astronaut, no ?

:lol::lol:
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    deejay wrote:
    Monty Dog wrote:
    I think the best anecdote allegedly comes from a resident in Austin :

Q: "What do the residents of Austin think about Lance?"
    A: "Half and half"
    Q: "What do you mean by half-and-half?"
    A: "Yeah, half think he's an a$$hole and the other half not"
    Q: "How do you know it's half?"
    A: "The other half haven't met him yet!"
    Funny you should post that but I was in a bar a few years ago in Greenwich Village late one night and the interest starts with my London accent.
    On hearing the reason I'm in NYC alone and that my summer sport is Bicycling a guy decides to sit next to me and buy me a pint.
    "Had I heard of LA" he says and "sure I have but why do you ask".?
    Well this guy is a resident of Austin (I tell him I've never been to Texas) and it seems with this guy LA, there is a lot of local hype and that he and the locals feel there is a lot of bull sh*t about LA and they think it is all mouth.
    No I didn't go OTT (well it was Xmas and cycling was a long time away) and I just had LA as another Freak Bjarne Riis that had trod in something.
    I said they think the same in Europe and yes he has won a couple of TDF's but we want to know when he might ride or win some other race that he couldn't do before his cancer.
    That he spends most of his time in the States/Texas/Colorado and only comes to Europe for a couple of months to ride the race with the biggest prize list.
    We are amazed at the new found form he has suddenly acquired.
    At that time most of U.S o A. had never heard of him except as a sportsman who had overcome cancer. quote "Sport, well I think it has something to do with a Bicycle, is that right".

This guy was so pleased that someone from outside Texas had knowledge of LA and had a similar viewpoint to him and his locals.

Yes OK the greedy bastard went on for seven and the whole world now know about him.
    This word is in the Oxford English Dictionary. (you know the one I mean)

Superb ........two drunks in a shabby New York bar one speaks for the whole of Texas and one speaks for the whole of Europe.................ye couldn't make it up............well actually you could.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    RichN95 wrote:
    Yes, of course, Armstrong was diagnosed with cancer in 1996, not 2006. That is what can happen when you post without reading through the post first. :oops:

Eveyone makes mistakes. Going back and editing you posts to make Paul Cuthbert look like a fool rather than yourself is the action of a monumental tw@t though. The internet equivalent of a backdated TUE.

+1
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    deejay wrote:
    Monty Dog wrote:
    I think the best anecdote allegedly comes from a resident in Austin :

Q: "What do the residents of Austin think about Lance?"
    A: "Half and half"
    Q: "What do you mean by half-and-half?"
    A: "Yeah, half think he's an a$$hole and the other half not"
    Q: "How do you know it's half?"
    A: "The other half haven't met him yet!"
    Funny you should post that but I was in a bar a few years ago in Greenwich Village late one night and the interest starts with my London accent.
    On hearing the reason I'm in NYC alone and that my summer sport is Bicycling a guy decides to sit next to me and buy me a pint.
    "Had I heard of LA" he says and "sure I have but why do you ask".?
    Well this guy is a resident of Austin (I tell him I've never been to Texas) and it seems with this guy LA, there is a lot of local hype and that he and the locals feel there is a lot of bull sh*t about LA and they think it is all mouth.
    No I didn't go OTT (well it was Xmas and cycling was a long time away) and I just had LA as another Freak Bjarne Riis that had trod in something.
    I said they think the same in Europe and yes he has won a couple of TDF's but we want to know when he might ride or win some other race that he couldn't do before his cancer.
    That he spends most of his time in the States/Texas/Colorado and only comes to Europe for a couple of months to ride the race with the biggest prize list.
    We are amazed at the new found form he has suddenly acquired.
    At that time most of U.S o A. had never heard of him except as a sportsman who had overcome cancer. quote "Sport, well I think it has something to do with a Bicycle, is that right".

This guy was so pleased that someone from outside Texas had knowledge of LA and had a similar viewpoint to him and his locals.

Yes OK the greedy bastard went on for seven and the whole world now know about him.
    This word is in the Oxford English Dictionary. (you know the one I mean)

Superb ........two drunks in a shabby New York bar one speaks for the whole of Texas and one speaks for the whole of Europe.................ye couldn't make it up............well actually you could.

I think you could have made your point, equally well, without resorting to a personal attack on a fellow poster.
    Disappointing.

This thread has my vote for the current, most pointless award.
    Plenty of competition for that title at the moment, too.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    This thread has my vote for the current, most pointless award.
    Plenty of competition for that title at the moment, too.

At least the other pointless threads are mildly entertaining.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Seanos
    Seanos Posts: 301
    I think you could have made your point, equally well, without resorting to a personal attack on a fellow poster.
    Disappointing.

Wow, you win the prize for having the world's most delicate sensibilities.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    calvjones wrote:
    I would argue that analysing the Armstrong 'phenomenon' has no place in Pro Race. Get along to Cake Stop.
    That might be hard to do when so many people (DaveyL, MorayGub, er, you) seem so intent on twisting every other thread around to discussing some 'political' point I made elsewhere!
    calvjones wrote:
    I feel its quite sad that I 100% share your liberal convictions and detestation of elitist political structures dressed up as 'democracy', especially compared to the (albeit far from perfect) Euro social democratic model, but you still get on my wick.
    Sorry! :lol:

S'OK - at least your heart's in the right place :wink:

Strava is not Zen.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Disappointing.

You are right Deejay wouldnt go into a shabby bar.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !