edited August 2010 in Pro race

Comments

• smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Oh dear god! Nooooooooooo!!!

6 pages to follow I reckon!
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Reading that the fella is first class c**t.

Hope Lance sues the arse off him.
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    As nobody knows what LA has or hasn't had for lunch everything is speculation. Not worth arguing.

But.....!
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    It's true. I read it on the internets.
  • That is a pretty poor article.
  • classy.
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    Who ever said you needed brains to be a UFC competitor.. D'oh!

As tough as Sonnen may be, with a comment like that, Lance might still kick his ass
  • Is this really new?
    I thought that David Walsh more or less made this claim in both his books.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    Actually I'm to blame for armstrong's cancer

the Crucifixion of jesus... that was may fault as well

and Hiroshima...

supermarket trolley design..I did that
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Yup, David Walsh has already made allegations in his two books - the first was banned from publication in English - the second repeated most of these allegations and is readily available. There may be evidence to suggest that excessive testosterone could be a causal factor in certain cancers. Likewise, excessive T results is a predictive indicator of the cancer and questions remain as to why this wasn't picked-up in regular testing, unless of course there was deliberate manipulation of the testing protocols / results?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Murr X
    Murr X Posts: 258
    Typical of those not knowing their a$$ from their elbow to be preaching about things they do not understand... Sadly some will still take him seriously.

Must say I got a good chuckle from that article though.
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Yup, David Walsh has already made allegations in his two books - the first was banned from publication in English - the second repeated most of these allegations and is readily available. There may be evidence to suggest that excessive testosterone could be a causal factor in certain cancers. Likewise, excessive T results is a predictive indicator of the cancer and questions remain as to why this wasn't picked-up in regular testing, unless of course there was deliberate manipulation of the testing protocols / results?
    Incorrect. Not "T" rather HCG. It is how a close friend of mine discovered his years back. I'm not sure if HCG always is evident with testicular cancer - not my field of expertize, but apparently LA did have classically high levels as stated in his book..
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I suppose he was to blame for his cancer - from all those years of smoking 3 packs a day.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    When it comes to illnesses, there is no blame.

We all have to die of something.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686

Not me. I'm going to have my brain placed into a cyborg as soon as the technology is invented.
  • dg74
    dg74 Posts: 656
    johnfinch wrote:

Not me. I'm going to have my brain placed into a cyborg as soon as the technology is invented.

BORING!

I'm going the Futurama route and having my head put in a glass jar.
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    I'm going to be frozen then smashed with steel hammers till I am dust.

Or exploded.

I'm not sure which.
  • At least someones not blaming Wiggle :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Surely it was actually Wiggle's fault?
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Gotta laugh when somebody says it was in Armstrong's book as though it was some sort of 'gospel'?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    bompington wrote:
    Surely it was actually Wiggle's fault?

At least he'll get a packet of sweets then...
  • Murr X
    Murr X Posts: 258
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Gotta laugh when somebody says it was in Armstrong's book as though it was some sort of 'gospel'?
    My apologies, it was a mildly sarcastic comment. Thought that would have been obvious but then my American humor does often go unnoticed on predominantly British forums hehe. :lol:

Cheers

Murr X
  • Who ever said you needed brains to be a UFC competitor.. D'oh!

As tough as Sonnen may be, with a comment like that, Lance might still kick his ass

Isn't Sonnen involved in politics? And whilst he is pretty tough (judging by previous UFC performances), I expect Anderson Silva will kick Sonnen's arse come Saturday night.

I just hope Silva puts in a performance this time. Any more of his show-boating antics and disappointed audiences and Dana White might give him the elbow.
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    ...if testosterone causes cancer then why arent most of the 90s pro cyclists suffering from it?
  • dg74 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

BORING!

I'm going the Futurama route and having my head put in a glass jar.
    lol sell your body to Bender as well if he's drunk enough lmao..
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Monty Dog wrote:

Gotta laugh when somebody says it was in Walsh's book as though it was some sort of 'gospel'?
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Monty Dog wrote:

I often get the impression with you that would have preferred it if LA had died of his cancer. Thats the kind of guy you strike me as .
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Vino2007
    Vino2007 Posts: 340
    More importantly, Sergio Non a "he"? really?
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Monty Dog wrote:

I often get the impression with you that would have preferred it if LA had died of his cancer. Thats the kind of guy you strike me as .

Well, if LA had of died, the hard drive that holds the whole of the internet wouldn't be quite so full.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Right because only people who use drugs get cancer and everyone who does drugs gets cancer. STUPID and offensive article. :roll: