If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

13»

Comments

• Miggins
    Miggins Posts: 433
    Just realised I never put down my own ideal - a place where only downhill exists.
    After uphill there's downhill
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    In the foothills of Olympus Mons, by the gondola :lol: Downside is that it takes the gondola a day to reach the summit and you need a spacesuit for the first descent but the you have 88563 feet of vertical descent (and 170 miles of horizontal to cross) before you get back to the bottom gondola station so you'll be glad for the air supply anyway.

Well, OK, maybe you're not ready for that, but your kids are going to love it.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Northwind, that sounds AWESOME!
    I need to get me to Mars NOW!
  • Anonymous
    Northwind, that sounds AWESOME!
    I need to get me to Mars NOW!
    I believe you have to get your ass to Mars.
  • Anonymous
    I'd rather I went with my ass. Although, that Lamb curry I had earlier is rather pungent.
    Maybe just sending my ass off on it's own would be a good idea right now.
  • aneesh99
    aneesh99 Posts: 67
    I'd rather I went with my ass. Although, that Lamb curry I had earlier is rather pungent.
    Maybe just sending my ass off on it's own would be a good idea right now.

:lol:

Wouldn't mind Leogang, that place is pretty nice
    09 Iron Horse 6Point4
    05 Kona King Kikapu
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i quite like where i live, good riding, not too far a drive to anywhere really (except scotland but that's miles from anywhere :wink: )

if the weather was better in the UK it would be a great place to live full stop :D
  • Anonymous
    Briefly lived in Cwmbran. Wish I'd known about Cwmcarn or was interested in mtb at the time, else I'd have had a higher opinion of the place!
  • lochussie
    lochussie Posts: 276
    Glasgow is pretty much ideal for UK, near the Highlands, West Coast and 7 Stanes. However, my ideal would be something like Portland Oregon, awesome place and not too far from BC, California and the Pacific, plus proper winters and summers. Great for cycling about town too.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Bout to say.

Wales, there is no other place with so much varied riding in such a small space of a country, its all accesable and awsome!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    deadkenny wrote:
    Briefly lived in Cwmbran. Wish I'd known about Cwmcarn or was interested in mtb at the time, else I'd have had a higher opinion of the place!

oi, what you trying to say? :wink::lol:

i know it's not that great a place in itself but it's not too far from a lot of places. you've got cwmcarn a rideable distance away, afan, 1 hr away, FOD an hour away amongst others. cardiff is 20 mins away, bristol 30 mins, london 2 and half hrs.

where abouts did you live in cwmbran?
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    Northwind wrote:
    In the foothills of Olympus Mons, by the gondola :lol: Downside is that it takes the gondola a day to reach the summit and you need a spacesuit for the first descent but the you have 88563 feet of vertical descent (and 170 miles of horizontal to cross) before you get back to the bottom gondola station so you'll be glad for the air supply anyway.

Well, OK, maybe you're not ready for that, but your kids are going to love it.

Isn't the gravity on Mars a fraction of that on Earth though... So would that mean you'd have to pedal harder downhill to go as quick or wouldn't you can as you'd be getting so much air (or lack of) on the jumps?
  • Anonymous
    That brings about an interesting point. If in the future we do move to other planets, what will rad dudes call jumping then?
    It won't be catching air, as you say, maybe catching space?
    I think we need to find the right words, so we're ready for the future.

Sod the 2012 olympic games, it's issues like THIS that our government should be concentrating on!
    :lol:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Isn't the gravity on Mars a fraction of that on Earth though... So would that mean you'd have to pedal harder downhill to go as quick or wouldn't you can as you'd be getting so much air (or lack of) on the jumps?

38% of earth gravity, might take a bit of adapting to but Josh Bender's going to love it :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • I think I'd like to be a nomad. I couldn't choose one place.
  • Anonymous
    RichardSwt wrote:
    I'd live in either Coldhabour on the side of Leith Hill.

Or one of those big bastard houses on the side of Holmbury Hill.
    Something like this, a snip at £2.2mil on Pitch...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid ... n=0,0&z=14

or is 6 bedrooms isn't big enough, 11 beds perhaps round Abinger/Leith way...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid ... n=0,0&z=15

£3.7mil doesn't sound too bad. Maybe I should make an offer :D
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    i think whistler would be my ideal place to live, loads of riding, awesome night life and loads of fit female riders :D