If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    merseyside please.

1:close to liverpool for the purpose of living near an amazing city

2:close to wales for riding and visiting my old dear

3:in England, the greatest country of them all.
  • Anonymous
    Liverpool is called the Capital of North Wales (have no idea WHY!)

The Octagon's insides were just disgusting. It stinks of feet too :x
  • Dubzy
    Dubzy Posts: 123
    :in England, the greatest country of them all.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha - you poor deluded man :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Life's good

Boardman MTB Team
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Inverness. I live in Aviemore now and it's great for off road, but has less choice for road biking. Inverness has a better balance and you don't always have to go up great big hills on a long road run.

But for somewhere to live I'm happy in Aviemore. If I could teleport the road bike and myself to Inverness now and then that'd be a bonus :-) Sometimes it's nice to do a road run without doing more climbing than Sherpa Tensing!

Deeside and Donside in Aberdeenshire have some great runs too. But I found Aberdeen a bit big to live in, I'm not a city person.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    I actually love where i am, in buckinghamshire..

I ride a lot in the chilterns, (wendover/coombe/pulpit/whitleaf), can get totally differnt rides in every time, and quick ride over to ashridge etc... wycombe is only a few minutes away.

20 minute drive and can be over woburn, and brickhill, and an hour away hit swinley forest, and an hour and half i am driving into cwncrn car park, and a little over two heading up the afan hills!..

Yet to go to scotland though!.. 7 staines is it?.. been told that is as good as it gets!?

and also i need to live in this area due to work so its a bonus!.:)
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Oi ! I 'opes use payin fur the 7 bridge, like wo' you gorra drives ovur, like, innit?

Do'wn cums over ear and uses ower trials, like, wivout payin, innit?

Dare's a good chance you sneaked under the radar, like wo' lorra English guyz duz...

Newpor' n Caaaaaiiirrrdifff, is wo' we all talks like dis, innit, Butty.

Croeso y Cymru, Boyo!!!
  • Anonymous
    Honest to god, I'm ashamed to come from the same country as Splottboy
  • Splottboy
    I didn't think North and South Wales WERE the same Country!!!

Get onto Youtube, listen to Newport State of Mind, and YES, there are Big Boobies to look at.

Guy who does the rapping, even though he's only 1/2 Welsh does a cracking Newport/Cardiff accent.

Made me go all weepy eyed....Sniff...
  • Anonymous
    Most of the people who don't speak Welsh at all down south, do a corking "Welsh" accent.
  • Splottboy
    Yep, agree.

Hey Peaty not going too well on Eurosport.

Boom Boom Beaumont doin ok tho.

4 Brits in the Top 8... Respect!
  • Anonymous
    Splottboy wrote:
    Yep, agree.

Hey Peaty not going too well on Eurosport.

Boom Boom Beaumont doin ok tho.

4 Brits in the Top 8... Respect!
    Sorry, WHAT?

Will someone please hit this man with a frying pan? Knock him out for the night.
  • Anonymous
    no way, splottboy is a legend.
  • I'd pick Oban.
    There are no bike trails of any note that I can think of, the place is just beautiful.
    *gazes wistfully into the middle distance and sighs*
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Norfolk?
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Anonymous
    I'd live in either Coldhabour on the side of Leith Hill.

Or one of those big bastard houses on the side of Holmbury Hill.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Rossland, BC. Every day. Assuming I dont need income.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    quite happy where i am :)
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • In the UK it´d have to be Inverness. Fantastic place with great trail centers near and more wild riding than you´ll get to in an average lifetime. It´s one of the dryest places in the UK but doesn´t get many midges like the west coast. ´Great place to live with a bike.

Outside the UK I´m happy here, in the Basque Country, mountains in the morning and surfing in the evening. Not too hot in summer and great food and drink too! My wee brother lives in Vancouver and although it sounds absolutely amazing I don´t fancy having to pack my bike up for a few months over winter.
  • Anonymous
    Basque country sounds amazing. Do all the women walk around in lingerie? :D

Seriously though, lots of my musician mates go to the Basque country every year, and they all unanimously sing it's praises, they say the scenery, the people, the atmosphere and, well, everything about it is great.
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    Peebles seemed like a nice place, could see myself living there. Though as the Scots would hate me, I would happily live in the peaks.
  • CFS
    CFS Posts: 124
    Inverness one of the driest places in the UK? :shock:

Not whilst I spent 20+ years growing up there. Aberdeen was noticeably drier.

I've been to Learnie 5 or 6 times in the last few years and this year was the first time it was dry.

Good base for biking when it is not winter. I rode up there a couple of years ago in December and the tracks were covered in Ice. Some of the stuff my brother rides on is like that a lot in the winter.

It pains me to say it but one advantage to the South of England is you can pretty much ride year round.

+1 for Waterton in Canada being awesome btw. Going back there and Glacier in a few weeks time can't wait.
    Shot by both sides...
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    No question... Bourg St Maurice. Its only work that keeps me & the mrs in the UK.

In the UK... I'm quite happy amongst the mountains of Essex.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • plodtv
    plodtv Posts: 40
    aahjnnot wrote:
    No hint of bias, but it has to be South Wales. Finding decent trails straight from your home before / after work or before the kids get out of bed on a weekend beats the heck out of finding the weather's foul on your carefully planned dedicated biking day trip. And we have decent surf for the times when you don't feel like biking.

So my weekend goes like this: check magicseaweed.com to see if the surf's up. If so, fit a bike ride around the surf forecast. If it's a biking-only day, check the weather forecast; if it's going to be hot, start riding at 7:00am and go for a coastal walk / swim later in the day. If it's cold, I have the whole day for the bike.

Perfect.

this
  • neiltb
    neiltb Posts: 332
    another vote for Peebles, I am biased though after living their for nearly 30 years before moving to canada.
    FCN 12
  • Mallorca doesn't look too bad a place to live if you want sun, sea AND biking potential. 8)

http://mallorcawalks.blogspot.com/2009/ ... cuber.html
  • Anonymous
    I didn't know Essex had mountians.
  • Anonymous
    Bar Shaker wrote:
    No question... Bourg St Maurice. Its only work that keeps me & the mrs in the UK.
    Great for access to the mountains (and also at the end of the Eurostar ski train line :D), but I just couldn't live amongst the French. It's bad enough when I ski there :x :D (apologies if you're French :P ).

That's why I like North America so much. Civilised, and the mountains are just as good (better in some cases).
  • shieldsy94
    shieldsy94 Posts: 342
    i'd probably say where i am now (doncaster), you get a mix of everything from downhill tracks around here (steetley, wharnecliffe, dalby etc), trails (sherwood pines and dalby) and the good old street sesh :D. Also its bang in the middle of the country so you dont have the extremes of driving from london to fort william
  • That whole north east bit of scotland is one of the driest places in the UK, a bit behind the driest place which is Essex I think. That´s what I remember from my geography classes. I grew up there by the way! Learnie´s great although the best bit was the first black section that has been levelled. Contin is amazing and then you have loads of natural stuff and of course Golspie too!

The Basque Country is great but sadly the women don´t walk around in basques :cry: Bikini´s yes, basques no.
  • Anonymous
    Ah, Basque country. The sights are amazing
    new_sexy_corset_basque_wholesale_sexy_lingerie.jpg
    orion241245.jpg

:lol:

I'd like to live THERE.
    And I'd like a go on them. :D