TdF Stage 18 *Spoilers*

jibberjim
jibberjim Posts: 2,810
edited July 2010 in Pro race
Completely flat, does anyone know how exposed the course is? The wind is from the right direction to be crosswinds all the way, but only 12mph so it would have to be seriously exposed for them to really see any.

Anyone think Saxo will even try to break things up? Or just settle for 2nd place and save Cancellara for the TT?
Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/

Comments

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Sprinters stage, Saxo will just make sure Andy doesn't get into trouble.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    edited July 2010
    It's through endless forests, so not exposed at all. The Tour does this stage (mostly Bordaux-Pau or vv) almost every year, and I can't remember echelon stuff there.

It's very often a successful breakaway stage - interesting to see whether Lampre will be willing to help Cav's boys to do the work. With some well placed bonus sprints and placings Petacchi could snatch green, but with wins today and on Sunday Cavendish might just become dangerous, if Petacchi is boxed for instance.... Saxo and Astana won't be bothered with some random break taking 20-odd minutes
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Early break, reeled back in with 25km to go. Wake me up for the final sprint.
  • FJS
    BTW, on the official letour.fr website there's some tourist propaganda information on the start and finish town of the day, describing all the touristy highlights, with a photo provided by the local tourist office showing some of the most interesting sights/atmospheres/panoramas of the town in favorable lighting and all. So, what did Salies-de Bearn come up with to highlight their once-a-decade Tour start paid for dearly with local tax-payers money?

_TDF_2010_1800_DEP.jpg

:roll: :lol:
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    FJS wrote:
    BTW, on the official letour.fr website there's some tourist propaganda information on the start and finish town of the day, describing all the touristy highlights, with a photo provided by the local tourist office showing some of the most interesting sights/atmospheres/panoramas of the town in favorable lighting and all. So, what did Salies-de Bearn come up with to highlight their once-a-decade Tour start paid for dearly with local tax-payers money?

_TDF_2010_1800_DEP.jpg

:roll: :lol:

a late 14th early 15th century building?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • FJS
    Breakaway of the day:
    Breschel
    Oss
    Vaugrenard
    Pineau

Flats stages at the end of the Tour are not the same as those earlier in. All four are well over 1 and a half hour back in the GC - will be a long day for HTC on the front...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    I think Pineau suffers from claustrophobia the same as Chavanel :shock:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Pross wrote:
    ?
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Gotta get out of the peleton, man! :x

:wink:
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • rick_chasey
    S'a good way to avoid the week one pileups.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    Pross wrote:
    ?

Doesn't like the enclosed feeling of the peloton, seems to have been in every break this year :oops:
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Almost forgot there was a stage today! Didn't the race finish yesterday :D
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    The chap who runs the Inner Ring blog just tweeted that Fignon was just on French TV having a rant about sprinters who hung onto cars on the final climb yesterday. Any idea who the filthy cheats were?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    Pross wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    ?

Doesn't like the enclosed feeling of the peloton, seems to have been in every break this year :oops:

More likely he prefers to suffer the effort of a breakaway rather than Lefevre's b*llocking for QS not being represented in a break....
  • iainf72
    iainf72 wrote:
    The chap who runs the Inner Ring blog just tweeted that Fignon was just on French TV having a rant about sprinters who hung onto cars on the final climb yesterday. Any idea who the filthy cheats were?

:lol:

He responded to my query with "maverick hand"
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    iainf72 wrote:

Cav?

In all seriousness, it's as bad as doping and Fabian riding Roubaix with the assistance of a 135 Kw motor n
  • rick_chasey
    Cav's ill isn't he?

Petacchi gets more points....
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Hmm, are there any Scientologists in the peloton, I wonder?
  • iainf72
    afx237vi wrote:
    Hmm, are there any Scientologists in the peloton, I wonder?

Cyclists tend to wear shoes that are elevated at the front, not like Tom's.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Wow, that Cameron Diaz gets around a bit. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    iainf72 wrote:
    Cyclists tend to wear shoes that are elevated at the front, not like Tom's.
    I bet Gerdemann wears things like this
    G161462BM.jpg
  • FJS
    Great effort by Oss.... he's not going to make it, but impressive ride
  • FJS
    Oss finally caught ... now a Sky train for EBH to save their Tour
  • FJS
    Cav
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    Too easy for cav. right on form now, complete turn around from the start of the tour.
  • FCE2007
    FCE2007 Posts: 962
    Impressive.