Tour de France Stage 14 *Spoilers*

RichN95.
RichN95. Posts: 27,241
edited July 2010 in Pro race
They've done about 40km and the break is almost 8 minutes up the road. Thebreak is:

Geraint Thomas (Sky), Dave Zabriskie (Garmin-Transitions), Benoït Vaugrenard (FDJ), Pavel Brutt (Team Katusha), Amaël Moinard (Cofidis), Christophe Riblon (AG2R), Jurgen Van De Walle (QuickStep), Pierre Rolland (Bbox) and Stephan Auge (Cofidis)
Twitter: @RichN95

Comments

• ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    and todays' remarkable news - lance has'nt crashed today...............yet!
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    andy has to brave and go from a longish way out...hopefully (from a race POV) some of the other GC lads will help rid bertie of navarro before the final climb...

I see earlier today the shack closed the gap to the G group to 12 secs until Gutierrez sat up and went back to the peloton leaving the break to go away
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Eurosport HD now on. french tv went live, half an hour ago.
    Jaja called Geraint Thomas........the UK champ, Steve Cummings. :oops:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    In the guide to today's stage on the official tour site they say "iit s very likely that the Yellow Jersey could change hands." Quite a call given that that was written a couple of months ago! Fair play.

With the bookies, Schleck is warm favourite to be in yellow at the end of the day. That sounds about right to me, but if Contador senses any weakness (e.g. no attacks from Andy), I'm sure he'll pounce.

Gonna be interesting!
  • stokepa31
    stokepa31 Posts: 560
    How long to the hc climb. Stuck at restaurant!
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    In the guide to today's stage on the official tour site they say "iit s very likely that the Yellow Jersey could change hands." Quite a call given that that was written a couple of months ago! Fair play.

With the bookies, Schleck is warm favourite to be in yellow at the end of the day. That sounds about right to me, but if Contador senses any weakness (e.g. no attacks from Andy), I'm sure he'll pounce.

Gonna be interesting!

Astana starting to look a bit menacing at the front, Contador may be up for something big today.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • blazing_saddles
    Astana? SK is wondering about this tactic, too.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Astana think they're Liquigas at the Giro.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Should reach it at around 2.30.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    iainf72 wrote:

If they've got the legs then i seem to remember that tactic being successfull... :D
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • blazing_saddles
    As a result of the Astana charge, they are well ahead of the fastest race schedule.......
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:

Now Sky think they're Astana at the Tour.
  • inkyfingers
    afx237vi wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Really don't understand why they are there, other than to show the logo? Surely today is a day for Wiggo to just stay with the leaders as long as possible and try and gain some time on the guys around him on GC?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • afx237vi
    Wow, riders going out the back by the shedload, and Valls decides to attack. What a talent!
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    afx237vi wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

GT dropped from the break now, but earlier they were contibuting on the front anyway. I don't get it.
  • inkyfingers
    Having said that they now seem to have suceeded in their mission to drop all Wiggos teammates as quickly as possible...
  • inkyfingers
    Sastre attacks with a team mate!
  • afx237vi
    Sastre going out on the attack. He won on Ax 3 Domaines in 2003. The dummy celebration.
  • inkyfingers
    Andy Schleck down towards the back of the group....
  • chriskempton
    Andy Schleck down towards the back of the group....

He was only 2 behind AC - might be nothing
  • afx237vi
    Where are the Saxo riders? Schleck is seriously lacking support here.
  • chriskempton
    BW hanging on the back...
  • inkyfingers
    Lofkvist looking stronger than wiggins this year, just as Iain predicted!

Lance off the back again, can't see him even getting a stage win now unless it's gifted.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Lance dropped
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    thought brakovic might have done a bit better given his strength at the dauphine.....

forced smile from LA as he is off the back. Sastre seems to have put in a big dig for little time gain
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Schleck drops off the back, goes to the team car, then rides back into the bunch. Odd.

Evans at the back of the bunch.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • afx237vi
    Did Sean really just say "to be sure, to be sure". I though only comedy Irishmen ever said that.
  • inkyfingers
    Cadel dropped, not that surprising I suppose with a broken arm!
  • afx237vi
    Navarro on the front now. It's business time.
  • chriskempton
    If Navarro can't keep the tempo for the remaining 5k of the climb, there's no more Astanas left on the front