124»

Comments

• Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Arkibal wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:
    Vino- pretty hard to like imo.

I half expect him to take off solo tomorrow across the whole stage in a HGH, blood transfused frenzy and take yellow.

I think the opposite, he is very hard NOT to like because of his do or die attacks, no matter how juiced he is/was.

So as long a rider is aggresive he can be doped up to the eyeballs and its alright with you :roll: unless he is American of course well thats different..........

:roll:

can't believe there were times when I actually agreed with you...
    How times change. :wink:
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    sherer wrote:

Watched it on Eurosport and didn't notice his missus, anyone got any pics to post ?

I will try and get some screenshots when I record the highlights laters
    cartoon.jpg
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    It's not like Vino spent all day today in the break. He just managed to gap the field right at the end. I might be a little more suspicious if he had gone with the main break today.

Look at Chavanel - he's won two stages and been in several breaks and no one is pointing the doping finger at him....
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Pokerface wrote:
    It's not like Vino spent all day today in the break. He just managed to gap the field right at the end. I might be a little more suspicious if he had gone with the main break today.

Look at Chavanel - he's won two stages and been in several breaks and no one is pointing the doping finger at him....

Because he is French!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Doobz wrote:
    sherer wrote:

Watched it on Eurosport and didn't notice his missus, anyone got any pics to post ?

cheers for that
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Interesting to see the last finishers.

162 Jérémy Roy (Fra) Française des Jeux 0:07:23
    163 Amaël Moinard (Fra) Cofidis, Le Credit en Ligne
    164 Maxim Iglinskiy (Kaz) Astana
    165 Dmitriy Muravyev (Kaz) Team Radioshack
    166 Manuel Quinziato (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo
    167 Alan Perez Lezaun (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi
    168 Iban Mayoz Echeverria (Spa) Footon-Servetto
    169 Marcus Burghardt (Ger) BMC Racing Team 0:09:43
    170 Tony Martin (Ger) Team HTC - Columbia
    171 David Millar (GBr) Garmin - Transitions
    172 Daniel Navarro Garcia (Spa) Astana 0:12:18
    173 David De La Fuente Rasilla (Spa) Astana
    174 Jesus Hernandez Blazquez (Spa) Astana

175 Christophe Kern (Fra) Cofidis, Le Credit en Ligne

Looks like one team has got the right idea with their domestiques for tomorrow. I expect Navarro to blow everyone away again tomorrow.

And in case anyone doubted.
    Sirotti
    pic127132478_600.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    sherer wrote:
    Doobz wrote:
    sherer wrote:

cheers for that

Watching the highlights now it looks like its maybe a journo or something.. Still deffo worth a squirt

Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    edited July 2010
    iainf72 wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Look what happened that last time he had two strong days in the TDF,both him and Bertie have been quite strong after the rest day.....................

[Moray Gub /ON] Oh my god, you mean a TdFfavourite is riding strongly! Call WADA, call the AFLD [Moray Gub /OFF]

:wink:

He blew his cover tonight, big time.
    He's either a wind up merchant or a total fanboy.

He could even be a sockpuppet of old Frenchie. :P

To coin his best mucker's favourite phrase: "No credibilty, anymore"
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Dodger747
    Dodger747 Posts: 305
    I used to like Vino before his ban due to his aggression etc and then lost all respect for him. However, since his return I really like him again. He adds excitement to the race and I read a really good interview from him after his Liege win which I felt he came across well in. I was certainly cheering him on to win today...

It's funny how someone like Basso doesn't develop the same level of vitriol that Vino does [amongst forums and the press- Harmon as the prime example]...
    VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
    W/kg - 4.9
  • rokkala
    rokkala Posts: 649
    On ITV4 they were previewing tomorrows stage and saying that Schleck had an advantage because his team is stronger in the mountains, and that Contador will have to hope its just the team leaders left at the end?!

If anything, we have seen that Astana have more than enough firepower to help Contador in the mountains, far more so than Andy has without Frank.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    Rokkala wrote:
    On ITV4 they were previewing tomorrows stage and saying that Schleck had an advantage because his team is stronger in the mountains, and that Contador will have to hope its just the team leaders left at the end?!

If anything, we have seen that Astana have more than enough firepower to help Contador in the mountains, far more so than Andy has without Frank.

I think he meant on the flatter part of the course and the approach to the final climbs
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    good itv4 podcast on this stage I thought...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733

Looks like one team has got the right idea with their domestiques for tomorrow. I expect Navarro to blow everyone away again tomorrow.

Sirotti

Probably more to do with the fact Fernandez crashed and others waited for him.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    iainf72 wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Look what happened that last time he had two strong days in the TDF,both him and Bertie have been quite strong after the rest day.....................

[Moray Gub /ON] Oh my god, you mean a TdFfavourite is riding strongly! Call WADA, call the AFLD [Moray Gub /OFF]

:wink:

He blew his cover tonight, big time.
    He's either a wind up merchant or a total fanboy.

He could even be a sockpuppet of old Frenchie. :P

To coin his best mucker's favourite phrase: "No credibilty, anymore"

Coming from you thats a bit rich.....................
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Arkibal wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Arkibal wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:
    Vino- pretty hard to like imo.

I half expect him to take off solo tomorrow across the whole stage in a HGH, blood transfused frenzy and take yellow.

I think the opposite, he is very hard NOT to like because of his do or die attacks, no matter how juiced he is/was.

So as long a rider is aggresive he can be doped up to the eyeballs and its alright with you :roll: unless he is American of course well thats different..........

:roll:

can't believe there were times when I actually agreed with you...
    How times change. :wink:

Thats where you and me differ, you think becuase a rider is in the same team as Bertie/Spanish he is clean . (delete as applicable)
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • shakey88
    shakey88 Posts: 289

Sirotti
    pic127132478_600.jpg

:roll: For the cameras mate
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    I am astounded that Vino puts in a mirror performance of when he got himself banned from the Tour and some people here think he is not on the Juice again. :shock:
    As far as a decent guy; I read in (Procycling or Cyclesport) that Vino is a bit of a cock. When on for Telecom he was not a popular chap. The Magazine pointed out that on a particular Mountain stage in one of the Tours; Vino attacked, Mr Ullrich bridged the gap back to close him down. I remember that precise moment, as I thought it was conformation that Ullrich was a bit dull in the head, but no; it was a clear sign of internal strife.
    I know that most of them are on drugs, which are untraceable, and gives the appearance of them riding clean but please let's not have Vino taking the p1ss and get himself thrown off again.
    They do say that the magic 50% limit for the blood values is the maximum limit for the riders before they are told to go and rest but if anyone normal had these results in a Hospital Test then we would be under severe scrutiny as there must be something major wrong them. So even these Haemocrit limits is letting the riders have higher limits than what is considered normal.

I know someone who said they know Jez Hunt. This chap said that doping is not in Jez's style and Jez is presently in 161st place. Local boy Dan Lloyd is in 157th so lets hope he isn't too. I think if anyone is riding clean then this is where they are likely to be; at the back end, hanging on.
    The truth is that Juniors, Espoirs, lower Division Teams have been caught for doping so lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

Cheers Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil