Tour de France Stage 13 *SPOILER*

Comments

• donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    LOL, so after Vino shakes hands with Hinault, Hinault starts scratching his hand fairly vigorously. (I'm sure it was unrelated but funny nonetheless).
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    As nobody's pointed this out yet, Cav won the sprint to grab second - waited behind Thor until Petacchi went for a long one, then came round both. Looks like he has it, with or without Renshaw.

Good move from Vino and immense power to hold off the peloton, even if the chase was a bit disrupted.

P&P keep going on about him racing clean now. They really are eternal optimists...
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    edited July 2010
    vino with the raw power .... oh come on FFS

horner chasing down LLS for team gc.. the race that matters :lol:
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    AidanR wrote:
    As nobody's pointed this out yet, Cav won the sprint to grab second - waited behind Thor until Petacchi went for a long one, then came round both. Looks like he has it, with or without Renshaw.

So wasn't really necessary for Renshaw to do what he did then :D
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited July 2010
    VINO

What a move by Vino. He is too strong. Very pleased for his win - he really wanted it and deserves one.

A shame that P+P, Boardman and that loser that can't keep his eyes open in front of the camera have to mention over and over about Vino's past. Why haven't they mentioned about Lance, Hincappie, DaveZ etc.

That was a very exciting finish. Ballan - great move, such a shame he didn't have the legs. Cunego - no legs, no surprise. Roche was attacking on the climb. Voeckler - never disappoints, some superb close up shots of him descending.

Yeah what a move by Contador. The biggest GC favourite not afraid to power to the front and disrupt the train.

Anyone who thought or still thinks that Astana were not a united team are very much mistaken.

Very surprised that all the sprinters were there, good job for them. Nice sprint for Cav.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    afx237vi wrote:
    The overhead shot shows that Hushovd's sprint is very lacking in zip.

Tired from yesterday's efforts?

So does he go out on the attack on a mountain stage, pick up some intermediate sprints to make up the points loss? Think the points comp is maybe the most interesting part of this years race?

I don't think he has it in the tank.

I think Petacchi won the green jersey today.

looking bad for thor

cav could end up 2nd

was petacchi behind the day to spa? I think he was....
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • frenchfighter
    edited September 2015
    Never write off Vino. Always had talent.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    Not sure how I feel about Vino winning. He certainly looks to be riding clean as his rides in the mountains are more what you'd expect of a rider with his build and it's good to see someone escape. I assume HTC had to drop the pace for Cav. Also great to see Cav win the sprint with no team lead out. I still think he'd be better off like that on most stages as it puts far less stress on the team
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    Exciting finish to the stage, but I think it took all of three minutes before my thoughts turned to tomorrow!

Crunch time for Andy. There's no way he'll beat Contador by more than 30 seconds in any one stage so he has to start putting time into him tomorrow.

The Paliheres is hard as nails (second hardest climb in the tour? Maybe hardest?) and should get the ball rolling nicely. Bring it on!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    A shame that P+P, Boardman and that loser that can't keep his eyes open in front of the camera have to mention over and over about Vino's past. Why haven't they mentioned about Lance, Hincappie, DaveZ etc.

Because none of them were kicked out of the Tour and suspended for doping.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Pokerface wrote:

No, but, as Pat tells us, the Bio Passport is working and the Tour is clean, therefore Vino is clean.
    Time for the 2 Pees to move on, in order to be ready for next year. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Pokerface wrote:

No, but, as Pat tells us, the Bio Passport is working and the Tour is clean, therefore Vino is clean.
    Time for the 2 Pees to move on, in order to be ready for next year. :P

yes unlike the bad old days

No wonder landis has thrown all his toys out of his cot...
  • shakey88
    shakey88 Posts: 289
    Please anyone but that cheating slimeball.Put a stain on the whole race
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Meh, most of the top riders are on something or other. To single out one just because he was careless enough to get caught seems almost churlish.

Warning: following cycling too closely may lead to terminal cynicism.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    shakey88 wrote:

so your not a fan of Armstrong then I see?
    cartoon.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    edited September 2015
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Doobz
    awesome to read this
    albertocontador: Great day today for the team.Congratulations Vino!:-)I am happier than if I had won.
    cartoon.jpg
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    That was a great move by Vino at the end.

Good to see Cav grab 2nd too - getting close.
    Mens agitat molem
  • shakey88
    Doobz wrote:
    shakey88 wrote:

so your not a fan of Armstrong then I see?

errr no
  • shakey88

why would anyone want to watch that again.he shouldn't be anywhere near a bike,the lowlife.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Vino- pretty hard to like imo.

I half expect him to take off solo tomorrow across the whole stage in a HGH, blood transfused frenzy and take yellow.
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    smithy21 wrote:

I half expect him to take off solo tomorrow across the whole stage in a HGH, blood transfused frenzy and take yellow.

I think the opposite, he is very hard NOT to like because of his do or die attacks, no matter how juiced he is/was.
    And it's not like he is hiding behind a cancer foundation....

He did his time, that's good enough for me. Great win today.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Great reporting on the stage by CyclingWeekly - particularly this little tidbit:

"Cavendish secured the sprint for second, taking 30 points and moving within 12 points of the green jersey and sprint classification leader, Thor Hushovd (Cervélo TestTeam)."

Hushovd isn't the leader and Cav isn't 12 points back! :oops:
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    The overhead shot shows that Hushovd's sprint is very lacking in zip.

Tired from yesterday's efforts?

Possibly. I posted about this the other day, wondering if going for the intermediates in medium mountain stages is really worth the effort in the long run. Four points one day, 6 points another day... but if it dampens your sprinting, maybe it isn't worth it.

But I don't know. Hushovd has never really been a high end sprinter like Cav or Petacchi.

Fair point but I think Hushovd has to go for the intermediates - like you say he can't match Petacchi in the bunch finishes and without the intermediates he has no chance.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    smithy21 wrote:

+1

Look what happened that last time he had two strong days in the TDF,both him and Bertie have been quite strong after the rest day.....................
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Moray Gub wrote:

Look what happened that last time he had two strong days in the TDF,both him and Bertie have been quite strong after the rest day.....................

[Moray Gub /ON] Oh my god, you mean a TdFfavourite is riding strongly! Call WADA, call the AFLD [Moray Gub /OFF]

:wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • moray_gub
    Arkibal wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:

I think the opposite, he is very hard NOT to like because of his do or die attacks, no matter how juiced he is/was.

So as long a rider is aggresive he can be doped up to the eyeballs and its alright with you :roll: unless he is American of course well thats different..........
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    despite his past i've always been a fan of Vino and love a rider who attacks so great win today and nice to see someone making a break work in the final 10k.

Watched it on Eurosport and didn't notice his missus, anyone got any pics to post ?

LA lost another 4mins and Roche was even saying he thinks he might not make it to Paris. Will be a shame if that does happen, i was thinking he is losing time so he can try an attack in the next few days.
  • Doobz
    edited July 2010
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Arkibal wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:

So as long a rider is aggresive he can be doped up to the eyeballs and its alright with you :roll: unless he is American of course well thats different..........

well we know lance isn't doped up the the eyeballs this year, without his preferential treatment!.. its pretty obvious as he cant even make it to the finish with the main grp and is off the back as soon as the pace picks up..
    cartoon.jpg
  • moray_gub
    Doobz wrote:
    awesome to read this
    albertocontador: Great day today for the team.Congratulations Vino!:-)I am happier than if I had won.

epo1.jpg