Ryedale Rumble 8th Aug.

13»

Comments

• nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    Stedman wrote:
    Nick,

It is not altogether true that CTC created this clash as this event was already programmed after the Tour de France and it actually occurred because British Cycling moved the Rumble from July to early August back in 2009.

My concern is that without a coordinated programme, we are in danger of losing many of the better events, particularly as we are seeing proliferation of many events that are now being described as Sportives.

The problem would be finding a blank weekend! That is without taking into account the other constraints as set out by BobH.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Not a blank weekend,

just one that doesn't pit two top quality events together.

This isn't an argument with anyone, for me, more a plea for some future thought to go into making sure big hitters don't clash. It isn't anyones fault, as such, nor should anyone back down.

Just worthy of a bit of thought next year? I'm sad as these are the 2 events I wanted to do - one is a club staple, and the other is over parts of Yorkshire I grew up with.

There are many more inferior, and less reknown events to clash with.
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    It's funny how these 2 sportives are the only 2 that seem to cause unrest,unfortunately organisers cannot please everybody, dare say if either one was changed to another date it would still clash with another sportive and someone else would feel hard done by having to chose which one to enter.
    Just decide which one you want to do and enter it.
  • Stedman
    Stedman Posts: 377
    Scrumple wrote:
    Not a blank weekend,

just one that doesn't pit two top quality events together.

This isn't an argument with anyone, for me, more a plea for some future thought to go into making sure big hitters don't clash. It isn't anyones fault, as such, nor should anyone back down.

Just worthy of a bit of thought next year? I'm sad as these are the 2 events I wanted to do - one is a club staple, and the other is over parts of Yorkshire I grew up with.

There are many more inferior, and less reknown events to clash with.

Brin,

The trouble is that I have already discussed this very issue with both parties last year, however what is most annoying, is that both organisers have refused to discuss this clash of dates with each other and this has now becoming a permanent fixture within our sportive calendar!
  • i know some people want to ride both events, buts thats life if both events are on same day. imo i have read both sides of the story, and would like to say shit happens, people will enter witch ever event they choose to enter, after reading so many reviews about how good the ryedale rumble is i will be entering the event. as it sounds v good.