Been at the sauce again Dave_1? :roll:
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    andyp wrote:
    Been at the sauce again Dave_1? :roll:

4.pm in afternoon and sitting at work. I prefer to keep my job
  • kozzo
    kozzo Posts: 182
    Away from the scrutiny of the TV cameras, David Millar of Garmin-Transitions pulled out one of the rides of his life to finish inside the time limit as the full effects of illness and injury that he has been fighting for the past week since Stage 2 finally caught up with the Scot.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Good post on the Inner Ring

http://theinnerring.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... -sign.html

I especially like Sylwesters comment
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    RichN95 wrote:

The only rider who got annoyed and refused to talk/sign anything was Cadel Evans.

So now we get to the nub of it. You think Cadel Evans should be sectioned because he wouldn't sign you mate's bidon. How long have you been holding this grudge? It doesn't seem mentally healthy to me.

You've clearely taken leave of your senses and managed to convince yourself of your own argument. Congratulations.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Evans really is an admirable character and I am very disappointed in his defaillance yesterday.

See his comments here:
    I suffer on my bike every day but I do it with pleasure. The guys and the team have supported me and believed in me in this whole project. I'm so sorry to have let them all down
    Is it Fine Young Cannibals that sing "human beings are unreliable things"? Thanks to everyone who supported me today, even if I sucked
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    In light of the Wegelius thread, Evan's eventually doomed efforts yesterday and his reaction (letting everyone down etc) is surely a glimpse if ever the fans needed of the pressure a GT contender has, when he has an entire team working & suffering for him.

Having said that, bad luck or not bad luck (leaving aside the question of making your own luck), Evans does seem to be weighed down by leaders jerseys.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    kozzo wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    This is worth a read;

http://blog.canyon.com/?p=2665&lang=en

Does anyone genuinely think you can judge someone's personality based on interviews held just after 200 km bike races?

Of, course you can.
    Regardless stress and fatigue some riders keeps dignity and style even suffering and losing
    and I judge them as real heroes.
    How you face it is the point, not why you can not cope with it...

And what make you think you qualify to judge? It is your opinion not fact, and how to you define dignity, get off your pompous high chair and give the guy a break.
    Why are there so many judgemental and pompous twats on this site?
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    If the measure of the man is how they deal with adversity then I thought Evans shone yesterday.

Admittedly he never looks comfortable on a climb but did you see how pale he looked when he got dropped?

He got time back through sheer guts. Strong ride by his team mate also. They didn't leave anything in the tank.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Who would have thought that getting over the Alps would have been easier than getting over forumers preconceptions.

A first time visiter to this site must be right royally confused.

Armstrongs a git for doping.
    Vino's a git for doping
    Ricco's a git for doping

Cavs a git for not doping, losing, crying, winning, winning
    Wiggos a git for TTing in the rain, losing time, changing his focus

And poor old cadel is a git for not riding hard enough with a bust elbow.

Cant we just all agree to dislike Carlton Kirby. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    RichN95 wrote:

The only rider who got annoyed and refused to talk/sign anything was Cadel Evans.

So now we get to the nub of it. You think Cadel Evans should be sectioned because he wouldn't sign you mate's bidon. How long have you been holding this grudge? It doesn't seem mentally healthy to me.

You've clearely taken leave of your senses and managed to convince yourself of your own argument. Congratulations.

Well Pedro, I had the pleasure of meeting Evans last year at his book launch. Sure, he signed a lot of books that evening, and hence made quite a bit of money.

But even after the book signing, Evans was more than happy to stay back and have a yarn. He was literally one of the last to leave.

There was a guy there who didn't buy a book, but Evans was more than happy enough to sign the guy's bike.

He also signed plenty of other stuff - jerseys, tdf programs etc, and that was despite his management starting the evening off by telling us he wouldn't be doing do.

Evans rocked up 20 minutes late to the evening - it was on the same day he announced his move to BMC.

And despite being flat out with media all day, he was more than willing to chat with us, as I said before, even after the book signing was completed.

So you may have had a bad experience wih the guy, but that doesn't mean he is a bad guy.

Have you ever thought whether your mate was the problem in the exchange with Cadel? Maybe he came across the wrong way and Evans didn't want anything to do with him? Just a thought ......
  • kozzo
    kozzo Posts: 182
    Cavs a git for not doping, losing, crying, winning, winning

for losing and crying... a simple as this
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Well Pedro, I had the pleasure of meeting Evans last year at his book launch. Sure, he signed a lot of books that evening, and hence made quite a bit of money.

But even after the book signing, Evans was more than happy to stay back and have a yarn. He was literally one of the last to leave.

There was a guy there who didn't buy a book, but Evans was more than happy enough to sign the guy's bike.

He also signed plenty of other stuff - jerseys, tdf programs etc, and that was despite his management starting the evening off by telling us he wouldn't be doing do.

Evans rocked up 20 minutes late to the evening - it was on the same day he announced his move to BMC.

And despite being flat out with media all day, he was more than willing to chat with us, as I said before, even after the book signing was completed.

So you may have had a bad experience wih the guy, but that doesn't mean he is a bad guy.

Have you ever thought whether your mate was the problem in the exchange with Cadel? Maybe he came across the wrong way and Evans didn't want anything to do with him? Just a thought ......

You may have a point - my mate can be a bit of a bell-end!
    Cadel seems to be a real marmite character, who really divides opinion - perhaps that's a good thing?!