Commuting Forum Summer Gathering - this saturday!

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    cjcp wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Unlikely I'll be along now. After spending a few days away in the Alps, the kids want to go for picnics and stuff, so duty calls.

picnic in richmond park? :D

Very possibly. Just not round you lot :P .

Cue "Daddy, why are all those strange people hooting and gesturing at you as they go round the park?"

"They're on day release, princess. They'll be barking at the Moon when that comes out later. Just ignore them." :twisted:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    MM will be dressed as the pedobear... careful CJ (incidently I saw you coming over the jct at tower bridge today tut tuting at the many cyclists doing the 'creep' I was being a good boy behind the line then trashed them all when the lights went green

I'll be there I think on the pub/hack bike.. I want to see how the new gearing goes with the hills.

JG go fixed... dooo eeet
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I can't make it, I have to go to Lewes to pick up an engagement ring...
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Go tomorrow or Friday instead and bring the Missus Saturday so we can all toast your journey :)
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348

That sounds serious dude, I'd go to RP instead if I were you :wink:

Unfortunately I won't be along, I've been out and about far too much lately and have a 'to do' list as long as your arm :cry:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Rich you're not going to get them done in a day so start them on Sunday to be finished by the end of summer, which should be next weekend :wink:
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    I'm hearing some really lame excuses here... Just beware that if they don't come up to scratch I'm gonna send the wanda round to cripple you!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Stone me, you don't hang about!

One injury and a little nursing and you're ready to give her half ownership of the Prince!? Chap - to - the - eau!

What ring where from? I'm getting pressured "one months wages?" "That'll be a £3.00 ring then!"
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    Oh yeah, I can't make it.... Sorry.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Stone me, you don't hang about!

One injury and a little nursing and you're ready to give her half ownership of the Prince!? Chap - to - the - eau!

What ring where from? I'm getting pressured "one months wages?" "That'll be a £3.00 ring then!"

Don't forget, it's not just the ring, but how you pop the question that's important. Then there's the whole question of asking her Dad first...

Just waiting for the "OT - What ring should I get and how should I pop the question?" thread :wink:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    See all y'all there.
  • DonDaddyD
    On both counts it's a deeply guarded secret.

Wired that, I'll freely tell you about my sex life and why I go commando when cycling but how I'll pop the questions, that's personal.

I had a brief chat with 'the Dad'. I told him straight, I will be asking fir her hand just not yet....
    Food Chain number = 4

• rjsterry
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    On both counts it's a deeply guarded secret.

Wired that, I'll freely tell you about my sex life and why I go commando when cycling but how I'll pop the questions, that's personal.

Quite right too.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Oh yeah, I can't make it.... Sorry.

Now, is that because you fear losing your self-proclaimed title of slowest carbon bike owner, or that you fear more 'candid photography' like those photos from Xmas? :wink:
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    MTFU you lot, jeez those excuses are frankly lame!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Annoyingly I don't think I'll be able to make it. In all honesty I completely forgot it was this Saturday! Would love to come along and may try mentioning it to the wife but I really do need to put her first (for a change!)

Still I should hopefully be able to make it to whatever meet-up or event we decide to do with the TFL challenge voucher, should get confirmation of our placing on Friday!!

Once I hear from them I'll start a thread for suggestions........
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • stuaff
    itboffin wrote:
    MTFU you lot, jeez those excuses are frankly lame!

+1. I have a longer journey to get there than most, but I'm not going to complain about it!
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • stuaff
    Annoyingly I don't think I'll be able to make it. In all honesty I completely forgot it was this Saturday! Would love to come along and may try mentioning it to the wife but I really do need to put her first (for a change!)

Still I should hopefully be able to make it to whatever meet-up or event we decide to do with the TFL challenge voucher, should get confirmation of our placing on Friday!!

Oh yes, we definitely need to have something else organised- that to celebrate, IP's engagement, I naturally want to show off Viner v1.5, oh and so all these people who managed to arrange to miss out this time might actually try and make one........!
  • Clever Pun

umm we use the voucher for this... that was the plan... more booze for me

Stuaff and DDD should have a slow off :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Clever Pun wrote:

Yes I believe that was the initial plan but now as they aren't announcing the winner until a day before I'm not sure if it's possible. I can ask tho........does anyone know if the Roebuck takes vouchers?
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • stuaff
    Clever Pun wrote:

He'll lose. One way or the other :lol:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Cafewanda wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    Just to be able to buy CW several drinks I'll be there :lol:

Why, thank you kind sir! :lol::wink:

Water doesn't cost anything in Brizzle, hopefully the same in Londunium :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • DonDaddyD
    I sprint like a beast, but I climb like a sheep...
    Food Chain number = 4

• stuaff
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Well, actually sheep are pretty handy on hillsides, but I get your point :wink:
  • rjsterry
    StuAff wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

My parents insisted for most of my childhood that sheep had one pair of legs longer than the other so that they could stand up straight on a hill side (their idea of a joke, I think).
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    Clever Pun wrote:

Why does it take them till tomorrow to "announce the results" when the results are there on the leaderboard for all to see? BTW, i just had a look and UBS have gone back to the 100+ category.

Anyway, I'm not getting too excited about the winnings as if i understand correctly the prize is a "leisure exerience" and I doubt that booze is what TfL have in mind for that! - anyway It would only buy us about half a pint each.

I'm hoping to look in on teh RP festivities but not sure how long for at the moment.
  • Clever Pun
    StuAff wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Walrus was more my thinking... :lol:

DDD what's your top speed on the flat?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    Clever Pun wrote:
    StuAff wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Walrus was more my thinking... :lol:

DDD what's your top speed on the flat?
    Walrus? Oi!
    Food Chain number = 4

• rjsterry
    Does that make StuAff the carpenter?
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    StuAff wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Well, actually sheep are pretty handy on hillsides.

Only if you're really lonely and completely desperate.

I didn't know you were of Welsh descent...