Whats wrong with your bike?

13»

Comments

• Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    thel33ter wrote:
    Valy wrote:
    Do you reckon you can bend the frame if you fall on the side and bend the crank? Like I did.

Guys, srsly. :cry::cry::cry:

Umm, I suppose that you could make the BB shell a tiny bit skew but it shouldn't happen unless you fell really hard.

The frame flexex a a reasonable bit if you step on one pedal and jump a little , so I wonder how much it must have flexed before the crank got bent...
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Rear shifter has been buggered for six months. Shifted up the block okay but when i clicked to go down it moved from large to small all in one go.

Was ignoring it until a couple of weeks ago when my crank arm also chose to fall off as i reached the bottom of Clapham High St. I refitted it but had worn the thread so have just replaced that and took the opportunity to also buy new shifters and replace that as well.

Also gave the whole bike a thorough clean

that kept me busy on sunday afternoon.

It's nice to have a bike that works properly again. 8)
    FCN = 4
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Engine severely down on power. May need to look at fuelling.

@WGWarburton - Toestraps? Bell? I'm confused.

Why the confusion..?

Bell is handy on the commuter for alerting peds on Edinburgh bikepaths (and on the canals)... I cut down my bars a bit short to fit one easily but I reckon I should make the effort to sort it.
    One of the toestraps on my tourer broke recently- I botched a fix but should really get round to replacing it someday...

The summerbike is a bigger job... I'm wondering if I can set it up so I can switch fairly easily between fixed & geared. Fixed is more fun if I'm out on my own but it's a bit of a pain if I'm riding with friends, 'cos the riding style is different.

Cheers,
    W.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    on BSO today; discovered head set needs stripping and repacking, might even splash out on some new ball bearings!
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    On the flyer:

- stupid Shimano 105 left shifter not working properly. I hear it's a common complaint.
    - bottle cage housing on the seat tube is too loose, so frame needs sending back to the factory to fix
    - lacquer damage on the chain stay as a result of chain coming off once too often due to point one. :x

On the hack:

- chain needs tensioning
    - back brake sticks

Guess which one's practically brand new and which one I've been commuting on over shoddy London roads for the past four years... :roll:
  • What's wrong with my bike?

I'm stuck in the office not riding it, that's what's wrong with it...

:x

Heh
    Earn Cashback @ Wiggle, CRC, Evans, AW Cycles, Alpine Bikes, ProBikeKit, Cycles UK :

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/stewartmead
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    4th on my Alfine is becoming progressively more dodgy (yes, it is adjusted right). I think it has had one too many flat-out shifts inflicted on it.
  • neiltb
    neiltb Posts: 332
    A lot less after I lubed cables, overhauled the brakes (cleaned posts etc), replaced chain and cassette, lube the inside of the tubes.

I think the bottom bracket might be on the way out, I've only had it 12 years!
    FCN 12
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    2 Road Bikes - run sweet no problems

1 MTB - As Above

1 Fixed Road Bike - again perfect, although rear rim was dispatched to the great wheel graveyard in April as a result of crashing into some massive potholes.

Wheel rebuilt for £90 and new rim already has a few dings in the side wall following yet more huge hole strikes..... far too many to miss them all. Rear tyre now running at 120 PSI since fitting panniers in the last couple of weeks.....

Road repairs in South Manchester are going slowly.....
  • londonbairn
    londonbairn Posts: 316
    As I am commuting on the Bianchi (which still sadly has evil Campag Veloce on it until I can be bothered fitting the DA 7800 i have lying around), the rear Khamsin wheel 100 yards from work (thankfully) this morning went, so bought a pair of Aksiums for now to get home and commute on.

This means when I get my Wilier back in 1-2 weeks, I will have a 1-2 week old set of Aksium Campag set of wheels to sell plus the Veloce stuff. Arguably overkill to get commuting back home...
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    I haven't yet fixed The Pig after the crash - so: bent forks, bent chainrings, bent seat, beat seat post, bent rear mech ...
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    Roastie wrote:
    I haven't yet fixed The Pig after the crash - so: bent forks, bent chainrings, bent seat, beat seat post, bent rear mech ...

Poor Pig. I didn't remember you saying you crashed that hard.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    no back wheel as in shop being repaired as spoke snapped on very long a road yesterday when 30 miles from home :(